• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Most Wasted Transfer Fees Ever!!!

What about extending this to managers. The amount of money spent to prise them away only to sack them...(sometimes justifiably)

AVB?
Juande Ramos?

No one wants to mention Kaka ?ú60m? He's barely played for them. Such an overrated player!

Henderson is the biggest waste of money for me as he contributes NOTHING!!! Is he a defensive midfielder? A winger? An attacking midfielder? What does he offer? He's not a tough tackling player, he doesn't get goals or assists, he's not exactly quick. I don't know how he even managed to become a professional. He's robbed somebody of a football career.

This would be too long a list if anyone actually bothered with it

- 75% of the brick Benetiz bought at Pool
- 90% of the brick Dogleash bought at Pool
- 25-30% of the players bought by City/Cheat$ki that barely see a bench
- Probably similar with Madrid/Barca

The worst transfer fee of all time is Zlatan Ibrahimovic for €46M +Eto'o +Hleb loan (which collapsed and Barca paid even more) for 1 year of service and 16 goals, loaned out and then eventually sold for €24M (probably a third of cost in less than 2 years), hahaha, Barca = suckers

I seem to remember we paid quite a lump of money to Liverpool for John Scales, what a shambles that turned into

Torres should probably be in that list, up until last week anyway when he repaid all the transfer fee with an almost meaningless goal against Barca.

Alan Hutton 9m. ](*,)
Peter Crouch. 9m :evil:
David Bentley. 15.5m :(
Robbie Keane. 12m =;

We have a habit of throwing money away. No wonder Levy has closed his wallet.

Alan Hutton 9m. ](*,)
Peter Crouch. 9m :evil:
David Bentley. 15.5m :(
Robbie Keane. 12m =;

We have a habit of throwing money away. No wonder Levy has closed his wallet.

No offense mate, but you struggle with question?

Crouch scored the goal that got us CL, worth €30M? and we sold him for around €8 after what 2 years? hard to see that as anything but a good deal.
Hutton/Keane both played parts in our squad, and both we got fees for in return

Bentley = ohh well ...

Did you not see Kaboul's first spell? Jesus, I couldn't watch!

It's shocking how much different he is from his first spell... I heard he soaked up every bit of knowledge he could from Ben Haim during his time at Pompey :-s

It's shocking how much different he is from his first spell... I heard he soaked up every bit of knowledge he could from Ben Haim during his time at Pompey :-s

It is scary isn't it. Watching him just this year it's like a completely different player!!

No offense mate, but you struggle with question?

Crouch scored the goal that got us CL, worth €30M? and we sold him for around €8 after what 2 years? hard to see that as anything but a good deal.
Hutton/Keane both played parts in our squad, and both we got fees for in return

Bentley = ohh well ...

Am I to understand that your argument re Crouch is that he scored one important goal and therefore all his horrible performances and lack of goals, ball control and ability should be forgotten? Having him the team held us back for the 2 seasons he was stealing his wages for. Sure he scored an important goal but overall his time at Spurs was a horrible experience and I glad the useless lanky brick is gone. If we had paid for him to be moved on, I wouldn't have complained.

Hutton was terrible pretty much from the moment the initial joining process had passed. A 3m fee was fair for the level of player but we got robbed in the first place, he had to be replaced and he was a waste of money as the thread title asked. Keane was a great player in his first spell but a waste of space in his second, I don't buy the idea he helped out, he was terrible.

It is scary isn't it. Watching him just this year it's like a completely different player!!

Not in my opinion! He still makes regular Kaballsups. The difference between now and then is that we are so much better on the ball he gets less chances to make a mistake. Kaboul, even first time around, has always been one of those players who has it all and quite often has a magnificent 75 minutes and 15 minutes of WTF? in one match :lol:

For Spurs?

Rebrov, no doubt. Utter toilet. I hear what people are saying about Bentley, but at least he scored that goal against Arsenal!

In the Premiership? Veron was a lot of money wasn't he? But he didn't actually play badly for Utd, he just didn't play as well as he should have. It's probably foolish to state any player currently playing at the club who paid big money for them, because they may just turn it around. But Torres, Carroll and Downing have definitely nowhere near demonstrated anything like their transfer fees.

Excluding players still playing for their clubs, it would probably have to be Shevchenko on cost per value.

Am I to understand that your argument re Crouch is that he scored one important goal and therefore all his horrible performances and lack of goals, ball control and ability should be forgotten? Having him the team held us back for the 2 seasons he was stealing his wages for. Sure he scored an important goal but overall his time at Spurs was a horrible experience and I glad the useless lanky brick is gone. If we had paid for him to be moved on, I wouldn't have complained.

=D>=D>=D>

Hutton was terrible pretty much from the moment the initial joining process had passed. A 3m fee was fair for the level of player but we got robbed in the first place, he had to be replaced and he was a waste of money as the thread title asked. Keane was a great player in his first spell but a waste of space in his second, I don't buy the idea he helped out, he was terrible.

Sorry mate, you're talking nonsense. Crouch was an integral part of a team that finished 4th and 5th. And we really could do have done with him as an alternative this season too. A bad purchase he was not. He was certainly a lot better than Pav for example, and cost less and yet Pav isn't even on your list?!

Back