• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Match of the Day Thread

But Souness was basically arguing that that's exactly the problem. The very reason we always fall short when it comes to getting over the line to win trophies. It seems clear that Conte needed cast-iron assurances before committing to the club that he would be able to get the players he needs, and thankfully that is what it looks like is happening now.

He wasn't, he talked earlier about his time at Saudi Sportswashing Machine, when he had gone and got an agreement to bring anelka in. Shepherd then went and bought michael owen without even discussing it with him. He hadn't wanted owen at all. He was trying to say that's what was happening at spurs. Which it isn't and hasn't been. The coach/manager has a veto, so levy can't do that. Only for development players.

Last edited:
Tbh i felt Souness was overstating his case regarding his battles at Newc astle. But overall I believe the main thrust of his argument still stands.

Clearly we are never going to agree over this so I think it's time to move on.

Yet still when we couldn’t get Bastoni, Conte’s clear favourite, Levy / Paratici offered him Lenglet and he’s here. So basically that exact scenario Jordan talked about happened this window still. It’s just being realistic, some players you can’t afford, you have to have a list of players and work down it.

I don’t think that was the argument with Jordan anyway, no one argued that Conte wouldn’t demand more from transfers, it was only when Souness ridiculously said Levy buys players the managers doesn’t want that Jordan corrected him.
Sounds like they're taking about different time periods. In any case... Spence... A club purchase according to Conte and have no idea if he's going on loan or not.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

I really enjoy Shearer, Lineker and Richards banter anyway but especially enjoyed this today. Some great clips and Lineker talking about us selling Waddle.
Screenshot_20221217-142923.png

Yeah, but I don’t think that was the main driver.

Hoddle had got in his ear about pastis.

I remember watching a donkeys old documentary about how Pleat and Hoddle didn't get on and the last season with us was basically us begging him for one last shot with a promise to go at the end and we nearly won it all falling at the last.

Hoddles knee gone and he felt France was a better fit for him and lifestyle etc

I remember watching a donkeys old documentary about how Pleat and Hoddle didn't get on and the last season with us was basically us begging him for one last shot with a promise to go at the end and we nearly won it all falling at the last.

Hoddles knee gone and he felt France was a better fit for him and lifestyle etc

Monsco being tax free might have helped too.

Show us a tweet where he was crying for a cb to step into midfield.

Haha Hindsight, although it is a good plan. Against Arsenal we had 3 static CBs marking Nketiah and had 3 v 2 in Midfield including a new Sarr. If this is a new plan, its a plan I can get onboard with

Back