• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Low Camera Angle

Re: Change back the camera angle at WHL

Oh that's fair enough then Rossi22 mate!

Spare a thought for those of us so very, very lazy we watch it on TV

Yeah thanks so much for moving this into a thread thats nearly 3 months old...I really should have looked for it shouldn't I?
And moved within 30 seconds of me posting it too.
:rolleyes:

Yeah thanks so much for moving this into a thread thats nearly 3 months old...I really should have looked for it shouldn't I?
And moved within 30 seconds of me posting it too.
:rolleyes:

Dude that's called efficient moderating!

Can we please stay on topic? It doesn't matter where the thread came from or how old it is, it's about the low camera angle and as such the post fit in here.

Can we please stay on topic? It doesn't matter where the thread came from or how old it is, it's about the low camera angle and as such the post fit in here.
So not only do you needlessly move posts you now dictate how we discuss things once we are in the thread?
You're ruining this place, imo.

So not only do you needlessly move posts you now dictate how we discuss things once we are in the thread?
You're ruining this place, imo.

Nothing the two of you have been discussing has anything to with the topic of this thread or your original post.

What's ruining this place IMO is the constant digs at anything the mods do. The threads got merged, deal with it.

Aldo, I suggest you have a look at the site rules:

10. Complaints about an Admin's Actions

We as administrators are not perfect. However, if you feel that you have been harshly treated the public forums are not to be treated as your personal venting space to attack a single admin or the admin as a whole.

Complaints about an admin's actions should be PM'd to another admin who will decide what further action is required. If an administrator agrees that the action taken was unfair then the admin in question will be warned and a public apology issued. Continued unnecessary actions from the admin will result in a removal of admin status.

As Jord said, keep it on track. All he's done is merge a thread with a thread discussing the same thing. No one criticised you or tried to ruin your experience of the forum.

Nothing the two of you have been discussing has anything to with the topic of this thread or your original post.

What's ruining this place IMO is the constant digs at anything the mods do. The threads got merged, deal with it.

I'm not digging at mods, I'm making a point about YOU.
You're the biggest culprit at merging threads and this place got worse since you were made a mod.
Dealt with it.

You're the biggest culprit at merging threads and this place got worse since you were made a mod.
Dealt with it.

And how would even know if that's the case?

Some posters have been previously been asked privately to refrain from making these posts about merging as it only adds negativity and isn't in any way helpful. Consider this a public request to all posters. There's enough stuff to deal with on here as it is.

Surely the point of a mod is to make a forum a better place for its posters?

If a lot of people are complaining about the way it's being moderated, maybe it should be looked at.

I can't see the point of merging a new thread with one that's 17 pages old.

If a lot of people are complaining about the way it's being moderated, maybe it should be looked at.

I'm keen not to move this discussion into a full blown discussion about the way this place should be moderated, but there was a thread a while back and we very much did just that and listened to everyone regarding the merging of threads. There is far less 'super' threads where discussions potentially got lost.
This however is such a minor argument here. How does merging a thread with another thread, addressing exactly the same thing, take away from a users' experience of the forum? If this isn't nitpicking I don't know what is.

Anyway, if there is further discussions to be had regarding this, feel free to PM.

I preferred the high angle of merging threads rather than this new low angle, you cant see the thread build up and the off topic runs other posters make.

Dealt with it.

DZQGu.gif

I think the merging becomes a problem when the threads are huge with many concurrent subtopics. These would be better if split into smaller threads that allow people to choose what to look at. The transfer thread is a case in point.

This topic is a good example of where threads should be merged. There is only so much people can say about the camera angle, so why not keep it in one place where it is easily found by those who are interested.

I'm gonna sneak a response in before we move on.

We have just as many complaints about people starting too many threads or having several threads on the same topic. I don't expect anyone to dig up an old thread, but when two thread topics are as closely related as in this case I don't see the big deal about a merge. I've changed the title of the original thread to make it more obvious.

If anyone is truly unhappy about the way this place is moderated, as has been said before, there are MANY other Spurs forums out there.

Back