• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Low Camera Angle

Our higher view is not a particularly convenient area to access.

The F.A. cup coverage was higher up but standard def.

Do you remember the first game where the high camera angle was used?

I have the answer if anyone wants to have a punt.

I quite like it now.....it makes me laugh when you can the see the entire East Stand Lower stand up and go nuts over a foul, or if we break

I read somewhere that it had to be done because Sky's 3D cameras have been given the priority (previous) spots, so the regular ones have had to be moved to a secondary location.

It won't last for long anyway - 3D is fizzling out and if not we'll be in the new stadium in a while.

I read somewhere that it had to be done because Sky's 3D cameras have been given the priority (previous) spots, so the regular ones have had to be moved to a secondary location.

It won't last for long anyway - 3D is fizzling out and if not we'll be in the new stadium in a while.

Would certainly hope so. I'm more than happy with HD, not bothered in the slightest about 3D. I refuse to pay extra for something I don't need, movies and sports.

Yeah, fudging hate it. 614 signatures! Jesus, that's nothing - come on! Spread it around, the new angle is downright depressing.

Do you remember the first game where the high camera angle was used?

I have the answer if anyone wants to have a punt.

FC TWente

I fudgein know it.

Now fudgein give me money

Nooooooo. I'm talking about the old style high angle that's been around for donkeys years.

?ú1000 for you if you guess it right, ?ú1000 for me if you can't!

Oh, and here's a thread where a Sky Sports person keeps posting back, so post some angry comments here as well, maybe we'll be heard eventually;

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Pro...iling-Sky-football-viewing/td-p/231643/page/2

They filmed the Cheltenham-game from the old angle, so surely, it's just an easy matter of changing the position of the cameras.

In this thread Sky are saying the change was due to obstructed viewing of the corners, but I don't remember this ever being a problem. Some of the posters in this linked thread seem to think it just a smokescreen for the 3D cameras taking the better location.

Does anyone have 3D and could confirm if the angle is different than the 2D?

I can remember the gantry itself coming into view when filming the corner flags, but that's lovely compared to the low view.

Actually, the gantry comes into view with the low camera angle as well (at least the Park Lane/Shelf Side one), so that explanation is just rubbish. I'm thinking it has something to do with the visibility of the adboards, but no one wants to admit it.

So much anger over a camera angle, you'd think Sky had stuck it behind one of the poles or something.

So much anger over a camera angle, you'd think Sky had stuck it behind one of the poles or something.

Well, we're supposedly playing the best football in the country at the moment, but for the last few home matches, I've had a really hard time seeing it. I'm just questioning their intentions with this new camera angle, as it clearly isn't for "a better viewing experience" for their paying customers.

Back