• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The London Taxpayers' Stadium Shambles

is this not something that could hurt them more further down the line, might be better off waiting until the boleyn has been flattened, sold and they have nowhere else to go or monetise
The Boleyn is already sold. I think the developer would want a pretty decent sum of money to exit the contract (I would imagine the full cost of what they are paying plus around 50% of their anticipated profit on the developed site).

Tottenham are bigger than us at the moment but within striking distance.”

Third point: dream on, you sods. Dream on. :)

Remind me, which club have they lost to the most in their history? Of yeah, that's right

For the moment...... Pahahahaahaha.
This moment and every other moment.

SIgned yesterday.

People should share it on there social media outlets, this shouldn't be just signitures from nutters on football forums. To get to 100,000 it needs to go viral.

Has anyone sent this to any Leyton Orient supporters' clubs? Small club but they were outraged by the spammers taking the Olympic stadium so I would imagine that their fans would sign up to this in a heart-beat

Over on KUMB the natives are not liking this petition. :D

They really have got a sweet deal financially but I guess that is what was offered to them so why would they not take it?

Over on KUMB the natives are not liking this petition. :D

They really have got a sweet deal financially but I guess that is what was offered to them so why would they not take it?

One of my mates supports West Ham, and were talking about this today. His argument is that it is no different to the incentives that we have been given for our stadium. My response was that there is a difference and that the incentives that we have been given are no different to what others have received in the past i.e. there is precendent. In West Ham's case, the only precedent is Emirates Marketing Project and West Ham's deal is vastly superior to theirs albeit Emirates Marketing Project do have the naming rights to the stadium and I believe West Ham don't. The fact that they get to keep the proceeds of the sale of The Boleyn is outrageous.

One of my mates supports West Ham, and were talking about this today. His argument is that it is no different to the incentives that we have been given for our stadium. My response was that there is a difference and that the incentives that we have been given are no different to what others have received in the past i.e. there is precendent. In West Ham's case, the only precedent is Emirates Marketing Project and West Ham's deal is vastly superior to theirs albeit Emirates Marketing Project do have the naming rights to the stadium and I believe West Ham don't. The fact that they get to keep the proceeds of the sale of The Boleyn is outrageous.
Absolutely. The whole debacle from start to finish has been outrageous.

I guess my point is that no team is going to refuse a free stadium if offered,and especially not if the owners are getting filthy rich off the back of it.

If this thing kicks off it will be hilarious, and what's even funnier is that their new stadium is not fit for purpose anyway.

Absolutely. The whole debacle from start to finish has been outrageous.

I guess my point is that no team is going to refuse a free stadium if offered,and especially not if the owners are getting filthy rich off the back of it.

If this thing kicks off it will be hilarious, and what's even funnier is that their new stadium is not fit for purpose anyway.

Absolutely, you can't blame West Ham at all in this. They've got the best deal possible for them. To get the increased gate money with negligble financial investment is a steal. It's akin to us getting our stadium already built (albeit not fit for purpose) for free and reaping the future benefits.

I'm not sure what the government can really do about this though. Contracts have been signed, so this will go on for a long time. Perhaps West Ham will be forced to give the proceeds of the Boleyn over, or just be told to pay an amount of money over a period of time.

European courts have stated that another football club needs to complain about state aid, they rejected two different individual protests already.

Therefore if someone was to do it, then the contracts would be voided and against the law.

Well it's almost at the 10k mark. another 90k to go!

With regards to a club having to complain, you do wonder why a Leyton Orient haven't done so already.

I guess the dildo brothers are putting some money their way.

I don't really have an issue with them keeping the boleyn money, they own the land, it's theirs to do what they like with. The issue for me is how much public money went into the works required to change the OS into a PL/Championship standard ground, every penny should have been from the spammers wallet.

Back