• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Limp Struggle to Sneak into the top 4 2021/22

City, Liverpool, Chelski are far better then any other sides in the Lge (imo) and they will take the top 3 places for sure. I know we have had two poor games but i still think we are not better/worse then the others in the top six so yes i still think we are in with a shout the same as the likes of Hammers, Arse, Utd etc because thay are as inconsistant just like us.

After the last two games I just don't think that we are capable of putting together a run of good performances or have the fight (both physical and mental) required for fourth place. Taking goal difference into account as well it really is going to be very hard to achieve. Personally I would rather we won the FA cup and sent one of the others into the conference. There is always hope but I am looking at this as a period of transition.

six so yes i still think we are in with a shout the same as the likes of Hammers, Arse, Utd etc because thay are as inconsistant just like us.

Since the start of December, Arsenal have won four, drawn one, and lost one (to City) of their last six league games. They’ve scored 16 goals in those games and conceded 3.

They are in good form in the PL and look most likely to take fourth for me.

Since the start of December, Arsenal have won four, drawn one, and lost one (to City) of their last six league games. They’ve scored 16 goals in those games and conceded 3.

They are in good form in the PL and look most likely to take fourth for me.

Yep forget 4th or any other targets or goals.

The sole aim at the moment is to fix the fundamental issues within our tactical setup. Until we do that we will only win a couple of games in a row maximum until the end of the season. An average 6 games will produce something like LWDLLW. Nothing will be achieved with such form.

We have to tweak the system so we can play a 90 minute game of football where average opposition do not dominate the game and create chance after chance. And we are left hoping top drawer players in our side get us out of jail.

Lastly some of the individual errors in the last two games has been absolutely astounding. So bad that conte says he struggles to even know how to comment on them. Lloris, davies and sanchez in particular. I hope the book was thrown at these total idiots in the hardest possible manor. You see this stuff down the local park on a sunday morning. To see PL players do this makes the mind boggle.

What's the lowest Conference league is likely to go down to?

I'd like the chance for us to put things right in that competition/give our youth and backup players some decent game time (as opposed to no European football at all, obviously EL would be even better)

Conference qualification is now down to the 6th spot as Liverpool play Chelsea in the League Cup Final. However, should any of the teams who finish in spots 1-6 win the FA Cup (the current top 4 and us are all still in it) then 7th spot gets Conference League.

We really need to stop considering ourselves to be a Top 4 team. In the last 90 matchday weeks going back to September 2019 we have only occupied a position in the Top 4 on 9 occasions.
By contrast West Ham have been in there for 12 weeks and Leicester for 67.

Yep forget 4th or any other targets or goals.

The sole aim at the moment is to fix the fundamental issues within our tactical setup. Until we do that we will only win a couple of games in a row maximum until the end of the season. An average 6 games will produce something like LWDLLW. Nothing will be achieved with such form.

We have to tweak the system so we can play a 90 minute game of football where average opposition do not dominate the game and create chance after chance. And we are left hoping top drawer players in our side get us out of jail.

Lastly some of the individual errors in the last two games has been absolutely astounding. So bad that conte says he struggles to even know how to comment on them. Lloris, davies and sanchez in particular. I hope the book was thrown at these total idiots in the hardest possible manor. You see this stuff down the local park on a sunday morning. To see PL players do this makes the mind boggle.
Let me guess, they should be fined?

We really need to stop considering ourselves to be a Top 4 team. In the last 90 matchday weeks going back to September 2019 we have only occupied a position in the Top 4 on 9 occasions.
By contrast West Ham have been in there for 12 weeks and Leicester for 67.
The only week that it matters if you are in the top 4 or not is at the end of week 38.
Arsenal are now in the driving seat, but they have lost stupid matches as well as we have.
Our game against them is now critical if we're going to get top 4.

The only week that it matters if you are in the top 4 or not is at the end of week 38.
Arsenal are now in the driving seat, but they have lost stupid matches as well as we have.

Awh so cute!

Yes its a somewhat irrelevant stat as Leicester having occupied a 1-4 spot for most of the period yet finishing 5th proves. Equally in the Lasagnegate season Woolwich were outside of the Top 4 from 3rd December until the final 45 minutes of the season in May!

However, I'm at risk of disproving my own point now! The point is that for the last 3 years (not an insignificant period of time) we've been no more than on the periphery of Top 4 yet there seems to be an expectation that we will pick up the results that will safely get us back in there. It's made me re-evaluate what I expect. I genuinely believed after being impressed with how we played against Brighton and Leicester that we would comfortably win 12/18 games to give us 70+ points. The last 2 games give me little confidence that we'll now record more than 9/16 wins.

Back