• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Limp Struggle to Sneak into the top 4 2021/22

As of now, at our gw 29, we cannot be overtaken by :-

Watford ... ... ... ... ... 20/3
Norwich City ... ... ... ... 13/3​

Every player I’ve spoken too (and I’ve met a lot) always talks about the fans and what they hear

Imagine in a post match interview where the player is asked -

“What did you make of that amazing atmosphere tonight, your fans really got behind you didn’t they?”

And the player says -

“What? Didn’t notice them, I had a job to do and couldn’t give a fudge about some overweight pricks yelling”

That’s obviously not going to happen due to media training. Obviously my take on the thoughts on the imaginary player is somewhat exaggerated.

I’d imagine players meeting starry eyed fans like yourself would continue this narrative of how crucial we are as fans. “The game is nothing without fans” is diabetes inducing, it’s less of a game without players / a ball / two goals etc than fans.

There were some interesting stats from the lockdown period without fans that would go against the tone of my post iirc but I do feel the fans impact is overplayed. Don’t think players are that sensitive, not the successful ones anyway.

Imagine in a post match interview where the player is asked -

“What did you make of that amazing atmosphere tonight, your fans really got behind you didn’t they?”

And the player says -

“What? Didn’t notice them, I had a job to do and couldn’t give a fudge about some overweight pricks yelling”

That’s obviously not going to happen due to media training. Obviously my take on the thoughts on the imaginary player is somewhat exaggerated.

I’d imagine players meeting starry eyed fans like yourself would continue this narrative of how crucial we are as fans. “The game is nothing without fans” is diabetes inducing, it’s less of a game without players / a ball / two goals etc than fans.

There were some interesting stats from the lockdown period without fans that would go against the tone of my post iirc but I do feel the fans impact is overplayed. Don’t think players are that sensitive, not the successful ones anyway.
I’m not talking about players I’ve met as fans
I’m talking about players I know personally
Andrew Johnson was one and Callum Davenport was another
Danny rose also talked about the fans too when I met him

I’m not talking about players I’ve met as fans
I’m talking about players I know personally
Andrew Johnson was one and Callum Davenport was another
Danny rose also talked about the fans too when I met him

Okay. I hope the fallout with Andrew and Callum wasn’t too bad as you’ve indicated you’re no longer on speaking terms. Tell Danny thanks for the NDL goal on my behalf please!

Thank you for taking the rest of the points I made in to account, it’s always a worthwhile transaction of words..

Okay. I hope the fallout with Andrew and Callum wasn’t too bad as you’ve indicated you’re no longer on speaking terms. Tell Danny thanks for the NDL goal on my behalf please!

Thank you for taking the rest of the points I made in to account, it’s always a worthwhile transaction of words..
Eh?
Lost me there
If I see AJ, I speak to him. I havent seen Callum since a funeral last year and it wasn’t a place to talk football, especially as he is now into GHod and not football
Danny Rose I havent seen for about 5 years but he was always sound to talk too. Happy to chat and be honest unlike a lot of players I guess
It’s possible you don’t consider them successful but that’s a perspective I guess. I’d say making it at a level where you play for your country is a success
I have met plenty of players as a fan and generally they do mention fans and some even give you stories of things that happen. Crouchy was a good one for that. He talked a lot about fans in his podcast

Last edited:
How come our game against Arse haven't been rescheduled yet? All remaining games are set - just find a date and set it.

Cause they don't want to listen to weeks of artetas moaning?

Yeah, or they could be waiting to see how decisive the game will be for top four - Sky probably wants to hype up this game as much as they possibly can in that regards.

How come our game against Arse haven't been rescheduled yet? All remaining games are set - just find a date and set it.

I reckon they are waiting to see how crucial the game will be for top 4 and if it is, they will schedule it for just before the last game like they did when we clinched 4th over Emirates Marketing Project

I reckon they are waiting to see how crucial the game will be for top 4 and if it is, they will schedule it for just before the last game like they did when we clinched 4th over Emirates Marketing Project

Probably right. Was hoping it would be on the 27th of april though. They'd have chelsea, utd, us then west ham in 2 weeks.

My guess is that Sky will pick Wolves v Emirates Marketing Project and Villa v Liverpool for the midweek of 10/11 May - one game on each night. Sky also have the rights for the NLD...Therefore I predict that they'll either go for Thursday 12th so that it doesn't clash or alternatively Weds 18th or Thurs 19th (Weds 18th is UEL Final which COULD involve West Ham). Don't think Sky would want to go up against that so may wait for outcome of Lyon QF tie before deciding.

The risk of waiting that long is that the game may not have the same relevance if one team has already secured 4th spot by that point.

Back