• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Inbetween Transfer Windows Rumour Thread

i dunno, we might have got Hazard had we qualified instead of Chelsea

Chelsea would still have been able to pay double what we could afford. I think that he would have followed the money. Besides it wasn't just between us and Chelsea.

He said If Chelsea hadn't have won the CL then he'd be playing for Spurs right now, whether he means that or not who knows.

I think that we had a chance to sign him last January but the odds were always going to be stacked against us after that.

It would have been interesting to see what would have happened if we were in the Champions League and us and Chelsea were still the only two clubs in for him. I suspect that Chelsea would have just upped the money on offer and blown us out of the water.

He said If Chelsea hadn't have won the CL then he'd be playing for Spurs right now, whether he means that or not who knows.

:lol:

yeah, but what about the 32 mill price tag and the 200k a week pay packet.

Don't let facts get in the way of a good 'ol Levy swipe.

Exactly, it's just people throwing their toys out of the pram because they didn't get the players they wanted in the summer, it has to be taken out on someone.

- ITK: we're close to signing someone
- Some GG members: believe we're close.
Player doesn't sign
- ITK: last minute hitch with the deal
- Some GG members: Levy's fudging around again !

Couldn't just be a made up story that we were ever close? Also, completely ignores all the factors of a transfer market others have mentioned already.

One of the most common phrases used by some over the summer was "just give them/him the bloody money Levy" even when we're allegedly a few million out on valuations. Or "just accept the 20m from Madrid for Modric Levy and then sign some bloody players!"

Needless to say the above genius approach to the transfer market would have cost us millions, let alone the message it sends out for susequent transfer negotiations.

we had a net spend of about 3 mill and some people still think we were in the position to buy hazard for 32 million oh dear take a poke in the dark and imagine these are the same people who think we were genuinely in for moutinho.

Actually it was more like -£10m.

and yet people still think we'll suddenly change habbit of a lifetime and sign a superstar for 30mill. I called it in mid july we wouldnt be doing huge business only spending what we bring in yet i got shot down and ridiculed some people really need to realise we aint Emirates Marketing Project and quickly at that.

Exactly, it's just people throwing their toys out of the pram because they didn't get the players they wanted in the summer, it has to be taken out on someone.

- ITK: we're close to signing someone
- Some GG members: believe we're close.
Player doesn't sign
- ITK: last minute hitch with the deal
- Some GG members: Levy's fudging around again !

Couldn't just be a made up story that we were ever close? Also, completely ignores all the factors of a transfer market others have mentioned already.

One of the most common phrases used by some over the summer was "just give them/him the bloody money Levy" even when we're allegedly a few million out on valuations. Or "just accept the 20m from Madrid for Modric Levy and then sign some bloody players!"

Needless to say the above genius approach to the transfer market would have cost us millions, let alone the message it sends out for susequent transfer negotiations.

I see so Levy is beyond any form of criticism regarding transfers? Il shut up then

and yet people still think we'll suddenly change habbit of a lifetime and sign a superstar for 30mill. I called it in mid july we wouldnt be doing huge business only spending what we bring in yet i got shot down and ridiculed some people really need to realise we aint Emirates Marketing Project and quickly at that.

I don't think Levy has an issue with paying those big £30m+ fees for the right player, after a lot of negotiating of course... It's the wages that are the real stumbling block for us, and unfortunately any player in that bracket is going to command a massive salary.....

I don't think Levy has an issue with paying those big £30m+ fees for the right player, after a lot of negotiating of course... It's the wages that are the real stumbling block for us, and unfortunately any player in that bracket is going to command a massive salary.....

What is the evidence to back this up?

And the Anfield side are ready to make a £6m bid for Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, 29, after discovering that the Dutch striker is set to reject a final contract offer from Schalke.
Full story: Sunday Mirror

Not everyone's cup of tea, but for me that would be a bargain. I'd take him for that much..if true

Back