• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Inbetween Transfer Windows Rumour Thread

Damien Comolli in the firing line after Spurs' shocking start
By SPORTSMAIL REPORTER UPDATED: 11:38, 17 September 2008

Tottenham sporting director Damien Comolli is in danger of paying the price for Spurs' worst start to a League campaign for 34 years, according to reports.

The White Hart Lane hierarchy are livid, reports the Daily Mirror, after Comolli failed to recruit a top striker on transfer deadline day to replace Dimitar Berbatov - despite the £14million capture of Roman Pavlyuchenko.

Real Zaragoza's Sergio Garcia and Diego Milito joined Real Betis and Genoa instead of Tottenham.

Spurs flapped, bidding for Emile Heskey from Wigan then Reading's Kevin Doyle.

They ended up with rookie Fraizer Campbell on loan from Manchester United.

:lol:

isnt it funny how Comolli got the blame, but since he left weve had the same last day shenanigans on numerous occasions :-k

I think it's more amusing that everybody seems to think last day shenanigans are limited to us. Pretty much every club has them.

Damien Comolli in the firing line after Spurs' shocking start
By SPORTSMAIL REPORTER UPDATED: 11:38, 17 September 2008

Tottenham sporting director Damien Comolli is in danger of paying the price for Spurs' worst start to a League campaign for 34 years, according to reports.

The White Hart Lane hierarchy are livid, reports the Daily Mirror, after Comolli failed to recruit a top striker on transfer deadline day to replace Dimitar Berbatov - despite the £14million capture of Roman Pavlyuchenko.

Real Zaragoza's Sergio Garcia and Diego Milito joined Real Betis and Genoa instead of Tottenham.

Spurs flapped, bidding for Emile Heskey from Wigan then Reading's Kevin Doyle.

They ended up with rookie Fraizer Campbell on loan from Manchester United.

:lol:

isnt it funny how Comolli got the blame, but since he left weve had the same last day shenanigans on numerous occasions :-k

I was about to say that there is a common denomninator around here somewhere hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm so its happened a fair bit yet no lessons learnt hmmmmmmmmmm

I think it's more amusing that everybody seems to think last day shenanigans are limited to us. Pretty much every club has them.

not as regularly as at Spurs. Why do you think SSN are camped outside the Tottenham training ground every final day window expecting something big to happen. They even joke about it how Tottenham provide most of the drama on the final day

not as regularly as at Spurs. Why do you think SSN are camped outside the Tottenham training ground every final day window expecting something big to happen. They even joke about it how Tottenham provide most of the drama on the final day

Because they're camped outside the training grounds of every premier league team..

if we get involved early that leaves us open to competing bids from teams with more money and CL, we are in that tricky position where we need to get em signed up before they realise a bigger club might want them

i'm not saying this is always the case but its a consideration

Oscar - we put a bid in early, a team who could pay more outbids us.
HAzard - we put a bid in early, a team who could pay more outbids us.
Cazorla - we get strongly linked - a team who pays more wages and has CL outbids us.

We can get the business done early but that means we can only buy players that the biger fish dont want and their Agents will use us as the bait.

I dont think we wait until the last moment for any other reason than that - we get a better quality of player.

Cazorla - we get strongly linked - a team who pays more wages and has CL outbids us.

We can get the business done early but that means we can only buy players that the biger fish dont want and their Agents will use us as the bait.

I dont think we wait until the last moment for any other reason than that - we get a better quality of player.

Add any one of those three to our current team, heck even if we had kept VDV, then we'd be challenging for the top spot. Critical position.
With Siggy's and Dempsey's current poor form I'd think I'd even play Ade in the hole before either of them.

My brother is always banging on about how we need to sign Isco but I haven't seen him play myself. Is he what we need? And do we stand a chance of landing him?

Then you have not been paying enough attention.

Nothing i can really do about that.

On deadline day? On SSN? No, can't say I have.

Spurs, Stoke, Liverpool, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Sunderland, Emirates Marketing Project sure.

Spurs, Stoke, Liverpool, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Sunderland, Emirates Marketing Project sure.

They traveled round talking to reporters at every training ground in alphabetical order, strangely they started at Arsenal.

I could go on, but i think you get that alphabetically included all 20 clubs.

Spot on.

And where we are there aren't tons of players available that will significantly improve us that bigger clubs won't go for. When those players have been identified and are available at a reasonable price we do go for them earlier in the window by the looks of things.

Add any one of those three to our current team, heck even if we had kept VDV, then we'd be challenging for the top spot. Critical position.
With Siggy's and Dempsey's current poor form I'd think I'd even play Ade in the hole before either of them.

My brother is always banging on about how we need to sign Isco but I haven't seen him play myself. Is he what we need? And do we stand a chance of landing him?

The papers have been linking Emirates Marketing Project with a move for Isco this week. If true we might as well move onto the next target.

you are right. Looks like WE are the ones paying attention :)

Back