• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Immense Struggle to avoid the European Conference League

Personally I'm ambivalent whether Kane stays or goes. Would certainly like him to stay and wouldnt actively look to sell him, but if we bagged £100m for him and then spend £30m on a back-up CF to Richarlison and £70m on some form of creative attacker (exact type dependent on new manager's formation) then I think we'd be better balanced than we are today. At the moment, we have a £60m signing sitting on the bench and getting no game time whilst we have glaring gaps elsewhere

That £100m could easily pay for Ferguson and Maddison, with some spare for a new CB, and just about break even

Actions speak louder than words and the clubs numerous actions over the years suggest that we are fine being somewhat competitive. We don't have a burning desire to win at all costs. It just isn't that important to where we place ourselves as club.

Competing and build the club profiles is enough for the custodians of the club and I don't even think that's a bad approach. I just prefer honesty.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk
Do the club's actions suggest that, though? Or is it perhaps your and a lot of other people's interpretation of the actions that suggests it?

We don't. We've two players for that role. For years everyone was complaining about the lack of cover for Harry, now that we have it you want to get rid of Harry and get a £30m striker as cover. That will be first a big drop-off from Harry to Richarlison, then most likely a big drop-off from Richy to the new cover, and us in an even worse situation than the one with a lack of cover for Harry.

Read what I posted again. I said "Would certainly like him to stay and wouldnt actively look to sell him"

However its very plausible that we get a £100m offer and he says he wont sign a new contract. Given he turns 30 this summer, I think Spurs probably then sell

Agree about the drop off from Harry to Richy and then to cover, but you would hope that that would be compensated by spending £70m on someone to create chances

I'm not convinced about Maddison, but that sort of thing yes. As always, key is spending the money well
Which recently hasn't worked out well. 2 of them on loan right now lo celso and Ndele. Would anybody want to give them 1 more chance?. Really wish our recruitment would be more of higher success rate.

Which recently hasn't worked out well. 2 of them on loan right now lo celso and Ndele. Would anybody want to give them 1 more chance?. Really wish our recruitment would be more of higher success rate.

Since Paratici arrived its been a lot better: Porro, Romero, Kulu, Richie, Bisouma, Benatancur, Spence, Udogie, Forster etc

However we're paying for the 2-3 years before that: Tubby, GLC, Sessengon, Rodon, Bergwijn, Doherty, Gil, Reguilon

Credit to Levy in that since the 99 CL final and the two windows when we didnt sign anyone, we have spent consistently. However we're paying (literally) for those 2-3 years of signings which more or less all failed - fees and wages out the door and they're still hampering us as most are our on loan. Swap that list of poor signings for a couple decent players and we're in a good position

Just need to hope that Paratici can still operate by the end of next week when his case is heard, or that we hire a similarly successful alternative

So with Saudi Sportswashing Machine away at Villa next weekend, we could be going to their gaff tied on points. Even if we win out the rest of our games, if Saudi Sportswashing Machine does the same they'd still pip us on GD. United might be the easier ones to overtake. Still, Saudi Sportswashing Machine making CL would put them ahead of schedule in their progress, so I would rather it be United and us, rather than Saudi Sportswashing Machine and us.

So with Saudi Sportswashing Machine away at Villa next weekend, we could be going to their gaff tied on points. Even if we win out the rest of our games, if Saudi Sportswashing Machine does the same they'd still pip us on GD. United might be the easier ones to overtake. Still, Saudi Sportswashing Machine making CL would put them ahead of schedule in their progress, so I would rather it be United and us, rather than Saudi Sportswashing Machine and us.

Don't disagree with that however there will be more freak results and a few more twists and turns before the end of the season

Just wish we had a few more options, and particularly wish we had Bentancur - we lack a direct replacement for him

Definitely not Lo Celso, no pace, no physicality, average touch and so horribly one footed that half the pitch is always closed off to him and that’s before considering the fact that he’s made of glass. I wouldn’t mind a look at Ndombele as a pure AM being largely freed from defensive duties.

Definitely not Lo Celso, no pace, no physicality, average touch and so horribly one footed that half the pitch is always closed off to him and that’s before considering the fact that he’s made of glass. I wouldn’t mind a look at Ndombele as a pure AM being largely freed from defensive duties.

Very different cases:

Players with similarities to GLC have succeeded in the PL - Coutinho, Juninho, David Silva, Modric, Bernardo Silva etc. Small, weak, generally little pace etc. However the system and tactics need to be right for them. He's a regular in the Argentina team and seems to be doing well in Spain so can't be horrendous. Whether he'd want another stint at Spurs remain to be seen

Ndombele though...how many overweight, lazy players have succeeded in the PL in the modern era? Talent-wise he's exceptional, but his failings have nothing to do with talent. It's getting fit and being both able to do some running and willing to do it. I really can't think of any successes in the PL who have both his laziness and lack of fitness

Ndombele though...how many overweight, lazy players have succeeded in the PL in the modern era? Talent-wise he's exceptional, but his failings have nothing to do with talent. It's getting fit and being both able to do some running and willing to do it. I really can't think of any successes in the PL who have both his laziness and lack of fitness

only one that come to mind is Yaya Toure, perhaps not at the same level but when he came to England all of the same things where said about him. But he had a drive that I haven’t seen from Ndombele.

Very different cases:

Players with similarities to GLC have succeeded in the PL - Coutinho, Juninho, David Silva, Modric, Bernardo Silva etc. Small, weak, generally little pace etc. However the system and tactics need to be right for them. He's a regular in the Argentina team and seems to be doing well in Spain so can't be horrendous. Whether he'd want another stint at Spurs remain to be seen

All of those players had far better balance and a much higher skill level than Lo Celso…. I think they could all also use their weaker foot for something other than standing on as well which is a huge deficiency in Lo Celso’s game. I suspect that in the Spanish league and international football he gets the time to work the ball onto his stronger (or should I say only) foot.

Last edited:
Back