• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

And no one is saying they are proud to lose. Anyone bringing that into it clearly wants a silly argument. They wont find it here, because no one is proud to lose.....they are proud of the effort the team put in to try and and get something out of the game.

Very, very obvious difference.

The two examples are completely different.... being proud to 'lose' the first leg 4-3 isn't a valid argument, 'cos it meant we were able to go into the SECOND LEG only a goal behind, and the ensuing 3-1 win meant we went THROUGH 6-5 on AGGREGATE!! they basically did in 180 minutes what we did in 90... difference is, WE HAD THE FORESIGHT TO GET THE 'PROUD DEFEAT' OUT OF THE WAY IN THE FIRST LEG... LEAVING THE SECOND LEG WITH ALL TO PLAY FOR...

In a 2-legged game (which these both were) the strategy is changed to take BOTH games into account, which we did... ArseAnal didn't!
Losing any first leg by a 1-goal margin, especially if you get a couple or three away goals into the bargain is widely seen as arguably a better result than 0-0... as we HAD the away goals... and it's CERTAINLY better than 0-4!!
Over the 2 legs, we did more than enough in the 1st leg... albeit with a lousy start... but that was the theme for last season wasn't it, 0-3 down against Young Boys set the tone!

It's not about being proud to lose a tie, it's seeing the bigger picture, and being proud that we didn't totally give up and crumble in the 1st leg, (which we are MORE than capable of) and rendering the 2nd leg an irrelevance... which it wasn't, 'cos we didn't... and we won it... HANDSOMELY... THAT'S WHERE THE PRIDE STEMMED FROM!

Gooners are deluded ****s at best, smug arrogant ****s at worst...

...and by the way, someone have a word with Sczezney... did I hear right, that he hopes Chelsea & ArseAnal beat us to 3rd/4th...? I didn't think we were their rivals...? I thought they had bigger fish to fry...? Rather showing your hand there you poxy taco... Jeeeeeezus! Imagine trying to win a popularity contest with those gooner ****s!

Last edited:
Haven't looked back through the thread so this has probably already been mentioned but I thought in last night's game AC Milan turned up and thought they had already won and that they didn't need to try - cue going 3-0 down in the first half....

Then when halftime time they got the hairdryer from their manager and in the second half they started to actually play properly, were the better side and comfortably kept Arsenal out (while looking the more likely team to score).

If you look at the game over two legs perhaps next time Wenger will think twice about belittling our last 16 win over AC Milan last season and realise that our tactics away from home were far superior to theirs.

Haha, how predictable. Always someone else's fault

Wenger unhappy with ref

French boss annoyed after 21 fouls are awarded against Gunners

Last Updated: March 7, 2012 8:04am

The Gunners exited the UEFA Champions League in heroic style in North London after securing a 3-0 victory in the second leg of the last 16 tie.

Trailing 4-0 from what the Arsenal manager labelled a "shocking performance" in the San Siro three weeks ago, it was always going to take something special to turn the tie around and progress to the quarter-finals.

For a while at the Emirates it appeared the record books would be torn up as the Gunners reduced the deficit with first-half goals from Laurent Koscielny, the impressive Tomas Rosicky and Robin van Persie's penalty.

However, the second-half onslaught never came as Milan - who had somehow managed to go out to Deportivo La Coruna in the 2003/04 quarter-finals having won 4-1 at home, losing the second leg in Spain 4-0 - regrouped and were not really troubled during the closing stages, with only a scuffed close-range effort from Van Persie to show for Arsenal's industry.

Wenger was nevertheless left incensed by what he viewed as gamesmanship by the Milan players, with 21 fouls awarded against his side by Slovakian referee Skomina.

The Frenchman - who served a touchline ban at the start of this season's qualification stage for his outburst after the exit to Barcelona 12 months ago - is believed to have been involved in a heated exchange with the referee as they left the field.

Not happy

"It is maybe an easy excuse, but I feel UEFA has a lot to answer for because if you arrive at 7.46pm you get fined, but you can play on a bad pitch and they don't say a word."
Arsene Wenger Quotes of the week

Responding to a general question on the match officials in his post-match press conference, Wenger said: "I was not happy with the referee tonight because I felt he gave many free-kicks in the middle of the park.

"Every time they went down a free-kick was given for them, and they sensed that very quickly and they used it very well."

Wenger was also still annoyed by the manner of their humiliation in Italy, which came on a playing surface which had been re-laid just days before.

He said: "It is maybe an easy excuse, but I feel UEFA has a lot to answer for because if you arrive at 7.46pm you get fined, but you can play on a bad pitch and they don't say a word.

"I just feel it is part of the respect for people who pay their money and go to a football game and expect conditions where you can play football.

"That's what we try to do here and it is unacceptable for UEFA to accept pitches like the one in Milan."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/7575946/Wenger-unhappy-with-ref

AW:
"Every time they went down a free-kick was given for them, and they sensed that very quickly and they used it very well."

He's right on that. The way some teams and players fall on the ground, look up at the ref and almost guarantee themselves a free kick is revolting. Zlatan and Milan are certainly an example.

AW:

He's right on that. The way some teams and players fall on the ground, look up at the ref and almost guarantee themselves a free kick is revolting. Zlatan and Milan are certainly an example.

Stupid for him to moan, arsenal are one of the worst teams for going down and then grabbing the ball forcing the ref into giving a decision as opposed to letting it go

So it was the pitch in Milan that stopped their "wingers", and now Milan and the ref cheating that made them bottle the second half, and RVP miss a sitter?

AW:

As are Sagna, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Rosicky, Walcott, Song, Gervinho and Van Rapist Persie. I'm sure the rest of their first 11 are only not on that list because I haven't watched them enough this season to see it yet.

So it was the pitch in Milan that stopped their "wingers", and now Milan and the ref cheating that made them bottle the second half, and RVP miss a sitter?

It's always the same never their fault always the pitch, the ref, the full moon, the candyman.

Their goalkeeper is a weapons grade c**t.

"Looking forward to seeing Spurs in the Europa League next season".

Does he not realise what an idiot he looks when he comes out with this gonad*s

"Spurs beat Milan last season so of course we will". C**t.

When did he make the Europa League comment?

Last night. Talkbrick replayed it a couple of times this morning.

He referred to us as the other North London club, said the Scum would catch us and probably Chelsea too. Hence the Europa jibe.

He's a c**t and a massively overrated keeper to boot.

What a tinkle stain

Ability wise he looks like a good kepper but clearly he must have attended the Luis Suarez school of Character building

The c u n t s t a i n couldn't represent a c u n t i e r club IMHO... they fudging deserve each other!
as for Wenger blaming everyone but himself and his own team, vat happened to mental strengssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss?

I thought thst overcame ALL adversity? P A E D O C U N T!

I quite like the banter, tbh. Good to see a foreign player coming in and getting passionate about the rivalry. The only reason he talks about us so much is because he respects us, deep down.

No, he's doing it in the same way a bully does... their whole fudging team are playground bullies... lording it when they win, and shrinking without a trace and moaning at anyone with ears when they lose...

He's only gloating 'cos they beat us 5-2 and he 'naturally' assumes superiority... when anyone fudging stands up to them, they crumble... I'm just tinkled off it wasn't US that stood up to him a fortnight ago... here's hoping Saudi Sportswashing Machine don't take any brick!

Wenger sees conspiracy in everything and thinks everyone is trying to gain unfair advantage all the time because that's his own nature.

right, where is he...? lemme at him!

he wants conspiracy?? I'll give him fudging conspiracy...

...has he ever taken his dingdong out of a kiddie's arsehole long enough to give one second's thought that what is transpiring now is exactly what you get when your (then) Chairman deems Qualification for the Champions League SO important that he makes the call that allows some half-brained poorly paid sous chef to brick in some food on your behalf?* Well I'm glad they stooped so low, 'cos now we're reaping the benefits, and are a stronger unit because of it...

*ALLEGEDLY... AND PURELY IN MY MIND!*

Arsenal goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny has taunted Tottenham by claiming that they could end up playing Europa League football next year.

Szczesny, a man who has never hidden his dislike for Spurs, also claims the Gunners' bitter local rivals will be running scared of his team following their recent good form and insists that his team have what it takes to finish third this season above Harry Redknapp's side.

Arsenal have spent most of the season way behind Tottenham in the Premier League, but a recent run of three straight wins has given Arsene Wenger's men a renewed sense of belief.

Arsenal sit four points behind their London rivals after following up their 5-2 win over Spurs by earning a hard-fought victory at Liverpool.

The Gunners' confidence levels hit new heights last night as they beat AC Milan 3-0 at the Emirates Stadium, although that was not enough to prevent them dropping out of the Champions League due to their 4-0 hammering in the first leg.

Szczesny was buoyant about his team's chances of beating Spurs to third place and even claimed the club's neighbours could be set to slide in to fifth position after they suffered successive defeats.

The Arsenal goalkeeper said: "I would not settle right now for fourth place. We are four points behind the other north London club - I am not going to say their name - and hopefully we can challenge them.

"Hopefully Chelsea can challenge them for fourth place and I would be really pleased to see them in the Europa League next season.

"That would be fantastic. Hopefully they will be looking at this result and are looking over their shoulders.

"The momentum is with us. We won two fantastic games against Liverpool and Tottenham and we won a great game against Milan."

Arsenal raced in to a 3-0 lead on Tuesday night with a breathtaking display of attacking football which left Wenger's men on the cusp of recording the greatest comeback in Champions League history.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Theo Walcott and Tomas Rosicky were all outstanding on what was a thrilling night of football which Szczesny thinks will make the rest of Europe realise Arsenal are still a major force to be reckoned with.

"I think we have sent a message to the rest of the teams in the league that we can beat anyone in the country, anyone in Europe," Szczesny said.

"Teams are going to struggle against us when we play like that.

"It was a very good performance against one of the best sides in Europe and we have more confidence now.

"We actually believe that we can beat anyone at any level so a lot has changed in the players' attitude."

Arsenal knew they faced a tough task to make the quarter-finals when they were drawn against seven-time European champions Milan, but they made it even more difficult for themselves with their abject defensive display in Italy.

Szczesny, playing his first full season in the Champions League, thinks he and his team-mates have learned a lot from the Milan games despite their hammering in the San Siro and thinks the Gunners will bounce back stronger and even win the competition next year.

"That tie was a great experience for our players," the 21-year-old said.

"For some of us it is our first season in the Champions League and I'm sure that we will use that experience next year in the competition to help us go a little bit further, maybe even win it."

What a bunch of fudgein ****s.

We should get a projecter and have 'CUN.T' all over their stadium.

And hire a plane and get a banner saying 'CUN.TS'

And then hire some guns and shoot the CUN.TS

Back