• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

I'm not bothered about goal difference. It's points that count. 4th place is far more likely to be decided on points than GD.

It may be it's close to be settled by GD, then so be it. Our aim in each game though has to be to win it, by how many is secondary.
I bet Man United fans said something similar last year :lol:

Fixtures against the top 7:

Everton:
Utd (a)
City (h)
Chelsea (a)
Spurs (a)
Arsenal (a)
Liverpool (a)

:eek:

Spurs:
City (h)
Chelsea (a)
Arsenal (h)
Everton (h)
Liverpool (a)

Arsenal:
Utd (h)
Spurs (a)
Everton (h)
Liverpool (h)

Liverpool:
City (a)
Chelsea (h)
Spurs (h)
Arsenal (a)
Everton(h)

Everton's is by far the hardest. Arsenal's the easiest, us and Liverpool about the same.

Wow, Everton's looks so tough.

Even the more 'winnable' of our games though, look really difficult, and Arsenal seem to have a really easy run. Lots of teams that I would not expect them to drop points against and their hardest games at home. I didn't realise the fixtures shaped up this way. If we do finish ahead of them it will have been a great job by all at the club.

I'm hoping the likes of QPR, Villa and Saudi Sportswashing Machine improve to take points of the teams we need them to. We have Saudi Sportswashing Machine at home so we should beat them, and QPR with their new signings should be a different proposition in this half of the season. Villa surely have to get their act together at some point.

I'm also worried that West Ham have been too rubbish lately, and they will come back into form just in time to face us. Similarly West Brom haven't looked too great lately, just in time for us to roll over there. Add Norwich to that even. If we get 4th I will be so impressed.

Everton are the sort of team who can go to the likes of OT, Stamford Bridge, Anfield (due to rivalry) and even the Emirates and escape with a point. Didn't they draw at OT last year after beign 4-2 down or something? Chelsea don't look good at Stamford Bridge under Rafa, in fact they don't look too good at all, Everton could quite easily win there, get a point isn't out of the question and I know they havent the best record in derbies but anything can happen and they can quite easily get a point.

I don't think they will get many points but it isn't impossible. I wouldn't say Arsenals is the easiest neither, they wont beat Man Utd at home, Everton and Liverpool are tough teams, Liverpool are hitting form right now. The only one game of ours I think we will 100% lose is Liverpool away.

I bet Man United fans said something similar last year :lol:

I bet they did and I bet some Spurs fans said it when we missed out on the title through points not GA. :lol:

I'll say it again, just to make you laugh again. I'm not bothered about GD, it's points that bother me. :lol:

Last edited:
Improving our goal difference is the net result not the stated aim. One of the more obvious weaknesses of this side is an inability to either create quality clean chances or when we do to convert them. If we can improve in that area we will score more at the same time improve our goal difference but most importantly win more matches.

It does annoy me that even though we have been NEARLY level with them for a few years now we don't put teams to the sword like they do. We have our moments like Wigan 9-1, but they tend to do that 5-6 times per season. I think we have been more consistent then them in putting out good performances but when they are on form they really go for it whereas we tend to just look content passing about and letting the clock run down.

Has anyone else said that they think if we do get 4th that arsenal will probably win the European cup. fudge me im in a negative mood today even for me. Im going to go get tinkled.

I'd like to say no way are they beating Bayern Munich, but we've all been there and said that before :lol:

Has anyone else said that they think if we do get 4th that arsenal will probably win the European cup. fudge me im in a negative mood today even for me. Im going to go get tinkled.

:lol: That thought has crossed my mind too. At this point I won't rule ANYTHING out, but the rational part of me thinks there is no chance of them beating Bayern and then beating the likes of Barca, United, Juve, Shakhtar, Dortmund or even Schalke. I'd probably be done with football if the scenario you suggested happens lol.

Entertainment mate, the Spurs way, good times at the moment :lol:

To be fair, we can all point to some drastic desertions of that duty which far, far, far outstrip even the bricktiest performance under AVB (arguably the Wigan debacle)...

:lol: That thought has crossed my mind too. At this point I won't rule ANYTHING out, but the rational part of me thinks there is no chance of them beating Bayern and then beating the likes of Barca, United, Juve, Shakhtar, Dortmund or even Schalke. I'd probably be done with football if the scenario you suggested happens lol.

We'd all be lying if we said we haven't thought about that scenario happening again. We should be aiming for 3rd to avoid it just in case. That Chelsea run was far worse than anything I have endured supporting Spurs aside from maybe the ****bell situation

Points win titles and CL spots invariably. Points have won the title far more times than GD/GA, ditto 4th place. :lol:

We'd all be lying if we said we haven't thought about that scenario happening again. We should be aiming for 3rd to avoid it just in case. That Chelsea run was far worse than anything I have endured supporting Spurs aside from maybe the ****bell situation

Arsenal winning the league at WHL comes close. I had a ticket for that game but gave it up as I knew we wouldn't win and couldn't stand to see them celebrating at our place in person.

Arsenal winning the league at WHL comes close. I had a ticket for that game but gave it up as I knew we wouldn't win and couldn't stand to see them celebrating at our place in person.

Lasagnegate and the 4-3 against Emirates Marketing Project in the FA cup both really hurt. brick we've been through the mill as Tottenham supporters.

I was there, we gave that away in the final few minutes after being the better team, something's don't change.

I was there too. Although I thought we came back from 0-2 down to draw 2-2 with Keane scoring a last minute pen ..

Re: Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

This is what I agree with. For me Redknapp did a good job, and had us finishing in the league where our first team and squad deserved to finish. Last year we actually finished above that in terms of talent, but we all know Chelsea had a disasterous league season and that bumped ourselves (and Arsenal, Saudi Sportswashing Machine) ahead of a superior side.

This year I'd say we have the 4th best team, and the 4th best squad, in the Premiership. People keep saying that we lost Modric/VDV so are weaker than last season and that is true. But Arsenal lost RVP (who almost single handedly dragged them up two places last season) and that has weakened them far more significantly than us losing Modric AND VDV. So if we finish 4th this year? As far as I am concerned it is where this first team and squad (at least with seven days to the transfer window closing) SHOULD be finishing. So if that is where we've finished then AVB has done a good job and it's been a good season. If we finish 3rd? Then AVB has done a very good job. If we finish 2nd? Then, and only then, will I regard this season as an excellent season.

Yes Arsenal lost RVP but they bought in a replacement in Giroud who of course isn't in RVPs class yet but is still a replacement in that he leads the attack and is beginning to score goals. We haven't replaced Modric and we haven't replaced VDV so we have lost our two most important players from last season and not replaced them. We have no playmaker still, and we don't have anyone with that touch of VDV class although I guess you could argue Dempsey to an extent. Either way AVB has definitely moulded a better TEAM with slightly less individual talent in it, and can also begin to see improvements in certain players that he has inherited....

Re: Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

Our squad should have finished 3rd last season, no doubt about that in my mind.

Back