• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

If we can get 4 points from our next two away games, that would be great return and keep us above Arsenal, and then we'd have the 'home game' in hand.

Gooners have been very quiet on my FB for a while, bar the odd 'Wenger Out', 'Sack the board' etc.

Tonight they've come out in their droves, hailing it the best performance of the season, as good as the 'Invincibles' etc. One of my mates even questioned why everyone is talking about Hazard after such a display at the Scumirates.

Jesus Christ, the three goals after HT were APPALLINGLY DEFENDED!!! Let them live in delusion...

Anybody else concerned at their goal difference?

At last the voice of reason, out of the supposed top five teams we are the only one that does not punish teams, we can have 80% possesion and still only score one goal, its something we have to improve, scoring five goals does wonders for the moral no matter what circumstances.

At last the voice of reason, out of the supposed top five teams we are the only one that does not punish teams, we can have 80% possesion and still only score one goal, its something we have to improve, scoring five goals does wonders for the moral no matter what circumstances.

Yes. That 8-0 victory over Villa really helped their morale as did that 5-2 victory over us for Le Arse.

Or it just made them overconfident..

You dont agree with Billy Nic then?

What, did Sir Bill say he'd rather have a massive goal difference even if it meant ending he season with a point less?!! ;)
I still say as long as we finish ahead of them by a point or more, their goal difference doesn't bother me mate...

brick, how come they have such easy fixtures coming up compared to us? I can barely see them dropping any points there where as we easily can. Surely we both still need to play most of the teams at least one more time??

For some reason our run looks much harder than Evertons and Arsenals...this is worrying.

What, did Sir Bill say he'd rather have a massive goal difference even if it meant ending he season with a point less?!! ;)
I still say as long as we finish ahead of them by a point or more, their goal difference doesn't bother me mate...

Entertainment mate, the Spurs way, good times at the moment :lol:

Arsenal have been very inconsistent in terms of goalscoring. They have scored 5 or more goals something like 5 times in the league, which accounts for all of their goal difference and then some. They are great at killing off teams because they can move the ball about quickly and confuse poor defences who are trying to win the ball back quickly to get back in the game, while Walcott especially thrives against brick teams who are trying to attack after falling behind. Whenever they come up against a disciplined team, they struggle to score more than 1 goal.

Did the BBC predictor yesterday and it didn't make for good reading. Granted there are some tough games ahead for all, but ours looks horrible compared to all three of Arsenal, Everton and even Liverpool.

Fixtures against the top 7:

Everton:
Utd (a)
City (h)
Chelsea (a)
Spurs (a)
Arsenal (a)
Liverpool (a)

:eek:

Spurs:
City (h)
Chelsea (a)
Arsenal (h)
Everton (h)
Liverpool (a)

Arsenal:
Utd (h)
Spurs (a)
Everton (h)
Liverpool (h)

Liverpool:
City (a)
Chelsea (h)
Spurs (h)
Arsenal (a)
Everton(h)

Everton's is by far the hardest. Arsenal's the easiest, us and Liverpool about the same.

I'm not bothered about goal difference. It's points that count. 4th place is far more likely to be decided on points than GD.

It may be it's close enough at the end to be settled by GD, then so be it. Our aim in each game though has to be to win it, by how many is secondary.

ATM it does look incredibly tight between us and Arsenal, but beating them 2-1 will be worth a whole lot more than beating Norwich 2-0 rather than 1-0.

Re Billy Nick, one of his great regrets was not winning the title more than once. We were never prevented by GD or goal average as it was in those days. It woz points that robbed us.

In fact in 1960

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/division-one-old/1959-1960

we had the best GA, but no title.

I think Bill would have rather had the title and not the best GA.

Last edited:
Back