• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

Let them talk away. They are the biggest melters in football and so deluded its nigh impossible to ever debate football pragmatically with them. You're wasting your time. Stand back, point and laugh.

I was treated to both of these gems by goon mates during that game

1) Arsenals defence has not been their problem all season, its solid
2) Rosicky is one of the most consistently elegant players in the league (a fact they themselves contradicted earlier in the season)

I might have overinflated oppinions of spurs sometimes but one thing I can say is at least im consistent. Goons are so fairweather

Is that the same Rosicky who has 1 league goal all season? Thought so.

that must be pretty deflating for them , to be honest they are still going to be on a high from the so near yet so far game that was so within their grasp , tomorrow however it will start to sink in how close they really did come yet let it slip away

Its one thing losing a game, but the damning realisation that its all over for another year and once again its "well we'll definitely do it next year" has got to be pretty gut wrenching for the seventh year in a row. I would be extremely suprised if Van Persie gives them another year

Its one thing losing a game, but the damning realisation that its all over for another year and once again its "well we'll definitely do it next year" has got to be pretty gut wrenching for the seventh year in a row. I would be extremely suprised if Van Persie gives them another year

From the gooners mouth 'van persie is arsenal through and through you just have to listen to his interviews, arsenal have made him, he wont leave for team that hasn't made him who he is'

To be honest it's pretty rare for players to have successive excellent seasons when they have such an exceptional one, cannot see him replicating what he has done this season again in his career - I just hope the paedo stays on for another couple of seasons, I do really think he will break it it goes tits up for them (sorry not if , but when)

Taking my hatred for them out of the equation, which is tough, but Van Persie is a mug if he stays there. He's not going to win the premier league for the next few years at least whilst City are around, the Champions League is also a long shot. He is currently in the discussion for best player in the world. He could get into any team. I'd be shocked if City, Madrid or Barca didn't try and buy him in the summer

From the gooners mouth 'van persie is arsenal through and through you just have to listen to his interviews, arsenal have made him, he wont leave for team that hasn't made him who he is'

To his credit, he's let his football do the talking. He hasn't constantly stated a desire to play for another club like Fabregas did. Can't blame him if he goes though.

THIS IS fudging INFURIATING! How on earth can they be 'proud Gooners' when they've just been knocked out of a cup?!

Fine they may have won a game 3-0, but it's about who wins on aggregate! If I were a Gooner right now I wouldn't be 'proud', I'd be pulling my hair out for not seeing a 4th tonight!

Anything will do for that lot right now, it seems

i've heard that before somewhere, about 11 years ago

Why does Arsene insist on wearing that sleeping bag every game? Looks aboslultey terrible. There must be better looking jackets than that

THIS IS fudging INFURIATING! How on earth can they be 'proud Gooners' when they've just been knocked out of a cup?!

Fine they may have won a game 3-0, but it's about who wins on aggregate! If I were a Gooner right now I wouldn't be 'proud', I'd be pulling my hair out for not seeing a 4th tonight!

Anything will do for that lot right now, it seems

Let's be honest a lot of people were harping on about how "proud" they were even after we went down to Madrid last season.

Let's be honest a lot of people were harping on about how "proud" they were even after we went down to Madrid last season.

If we had beaten Real Madrid 3:0 in the second leg and went out on aggregate I'm sure it would have been hailed as one of our season's top games. Problem was - they didn't bring their 'C' side to London

Pffff. When we were 4-0 down against a Milan side we brought it back to 4-3 in the last 20 minutes, with 10 men, away from home, against the reigning champions. In fact I remember clearly Gooners going on about how we still lost the game and have nothing to be proud about regardless of Bale getting a hattrick. Their "feat" is brick compared to ours.

Back