• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

Even funnier that they lost by that scoreline, they had hope for 45 mins and it never came to fruition, the media lovefest for them is amusing...

Pffff. When we were 4-0 down against a Milan side we brought it back to 4-3 in the last 20 minutes, with 10 men, away from home, against the reigning champions. In fact I remember clearly Gooners going on about how we still lost the game and have nothing to be proud about regardless of Bale getting a hattrick. Their "feat" is brick compared to ours.

Exactly.

I remember actually being slagged off for "being proud to lose"....yet, as you pointed out, our "comeback" was actually commendable, where as they simply got knocked out the the CL...............AGAIN

Pffff. When we were 4-0 down against a Milan side we brought it back to 4-3 in the last 20 minutes, with 10 men, away from home, against the reigning champions. In fact I remember clearly Gooners going on about how we still lost the game and have nothing to be proud about regardless of Bale getting a hattrick. Their "feat" is brick compared to ours.

I think the point here is (irrespective of the final outcome) the performance given by the players (in both Spurs and Arse instances) was certainly something to be proud of - from an objective point of view.

I think the point is that gooners slated us for being proud in defeat, and were not objective, so we are laughing at them, and slagging them off in the appropriate thread

Well there's the difference then as I am never "proud" to lose, no matter what the context - no matter what came before, we still lost. This heroic underdog BS doesn't do it for me.

Well there's the difference then as I am never "proud" to lose, no matter what the context - no matter what came before, we still lost. This heroic underdog BS doesn't do it for me.

I certainly was't 'proud to lose' either as that sounds idiotic but was certainly proud of the effort our players gave and the performance overall (Internzaionale away). Exact same tune many are blowing in the Utd thread of how the defeat was unfortunate based on our performance up to their 2nd goal.

Well I was proud that with 10 men away to Inter, we went home with a respectable scoreline, losing by 1, rather than 4.

I was proud we gave it a go, and showed what we were made of....which probably proved the catalyst for us destroying them at The Lane....rather than losing 8-0

And no one is saying they are proud to lose. Anyone bringing that into it clearly wants a silly argument. They wont find it here, because no one is proud to lose.....they are proud of the effort the team put in to try and and get something out of the game.

Very, very obvious difference.

No matter what Arsenal achieve as a football team, they are still laughable/horrible in so many other ways.

Go thread!

Onto more pressing issues - how the fcuk is Rosicky looking half decent again? He's been brick for 3.5 years now up to the NLD and on a downwards slope from mediocrity to the abyss. Probably the same spell keeping RvP fit.

But well done for bitching at Spurs fans in defence of arsenal, in the Lets All Laugh At arsenal Thread =D>

Braaaavo

I certainly was't 'proud to lose' either as that sounds idiotic but was certainly proud of the effort our players gave and the performance overall (Internzaionale away). Exact same tune many are blowing in the Utd thread of how the defeat was unfortunate based on our performance up to their 2nd goal.

Interesting you portray this as a great team effort when most neutral observers would say it was the most one-sided first half you would ever see, followed by a (reverse) one-man solo show the next half. I was proud that Bale stood up on the biggest stage, but I would argue that it is not really correct to characterise this as a good "overall" performance.

One man solo?

Youve already dismissed Lennon's contribution then.....or BAE's? We had 10 men, so yes, it was a great team effort.

Interesting you portray this as a great team effort when most neutral observers would say it was the most one-sided first half you would ever see, followed by a (reverse) one-man solo show the next half. I was proud that Bale stood up on the biggest stage, but I would argue that it is not really correct to characterise this as a good "overall" performance.

Well, we certainly looked much better in the second half and didn't fold conceding another 3. We also needed something special to spark things off and Bale was happy to oblige. We certainly didn't fluke 3 goals if that is what you're implying.

They had 50 minutes to score, at home, against a tinkle weak Milan side. They had all the momentum in the world and they still couldn't muster 1 goal.

Back