• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

The irony is that, if this deal goes through, in 24 hours the story has gone from Spurs big spenders/Arsenal spent nothing to Spurs net spend 0 and Arsenal have put it all on Özil

I just keep thinking that in all probability the majority of Arsenal fans thought we were getting Moutinho on the last day right up to when we didn't.

[-o<

If they get him its an amazing player but still not a great window for them.

Have they addressed their problems?

If Giroud gets injured at present its a disinterested Bendntner & Sanogo.

they have 3cb's and Sagna will be found out in that role.

No holding midfielder....

They have a few injury prone players Arteta, Wheelchair, Rosicky.

We have quality & squad depth....I don't think they do........They can enjoy yesterday but a season can be long and gruelling and even with Ozil I don't think they are prepared for it.

I just keep thinking that in all probability the majority of Arsenal fans thought we were getting Moutinho on the last day right up to when we didn't.

[-o<

I'm hoping the same, but not too optimistically. The dynamics of the deals are different. Real don't seem to want or value Ozil and he needs to play in a world cup year as there is competition in the Germany side. Moutinho's club wanted him and he could afford to wait for other offers.

Özil is an absolutely incredible signing for them. It almost feels unfair that they're getting one of the top 10 players in the world at the age of 24 when they've been as poor as they have the last couple of seasons. I have no idea why no other clubs are in for him considering the ridiculous amount of money the best English clubs have. ****

BTJ7XK2CEAA980U.jpg

Whilst I understand he wants to start matches, that's a massive lack of ambition from the goggle-eyed cnut.

Gutted this didn't fall through like us with Moutinho last season. No wonder Wenger has looked so smug in recent days.

Twitter / OptaJoe: 72 - Mesut Özil has 72 goal assists in the last five seasons - more than any other player across Europe's top five leagues. Tenterhooks.
Twitter / OptaJoe: RT @OptaJose: 14 – @MesutOzil1088 has the most assists in the Champions League in the last three seasons. Wizard.
Twitter / Squawka: Mesut Özil executed more key passes last season (78) than Barcelona trio Andrés Iniesta, Sergio Busquets & Cesc Fàbregas combined (75).

Last edited:
Top player but their squad is thin, a few injuries and they will struggle, they have a lot of games to cope with. I would be more worried if they had spent 70 million on a CB an a striker and a DM but they haven't. They have got a marquee signing, very skilful but he struggles to complete 90 minutes in La Liga where it is not as intense as the PL. not sure the gooners should be smiling as much as they are and not sure we should be to stressed either.

Gutted they have signed pop eyes but he sure is one ugly fecker who I know the park lane choir will have a field day with. Cannot wait for the songs to come out .

Coys

Back