• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

"ItÔÇÖs not like weÔÇÖre 2nd and theyÔÇÖre 1st and beating us to an actual trophy; weÔÇÖre 4th and theyÔÇÖre 3rd, which is the very highest they can realistically hope of finishing this season. TheyÔÇÖve improved enough to overtake the worst Arsenal side for decades, but not enough to topple the Manchester clubs and win their first title since the days before colour TV."

fudging idiots. Do they realise that you judge which team is better now by, er, looking at what the teams are doing now? By his logic when Arsenal were winning titles in 1998, 2002 and 2004, they weren't really better than Man Utd or Liverpool in those seasons, because Man Utd and Liverpool still had more titles overall?

And this "they're only ahead of us because we've gone crap at the same time as them improving"... er... well... yeah. That's how football works you tossers! When our team of the 60's eventually faded away, and the Arsenal team of 1970/71 did the double, did it not count because we had become a worse team than we were in the previous decade? Did they think "Well, we've won the double, but if Spurs were as good as they used to be, we might not have, so it doesn't count!"?????

Give me strength.

Whatever spineless qunt wrote that -

This Manchester team has spent 1 billion fcuking pounds to be challenging for its first titile. Did you miss that slight detail? Or the other one which has a matchday revenue triple ours

What a turd

LOL at us being above them because it's the worst Arsenal team in decades, despite them not mentioning that when they were lifting trophies it was pretty much the worst Spurs team in decades..

Stadium debt now stands at ?ú220m

Whoever said that is more than a little out of date. Arsenal are not far off clearing their stadium debt and they still have some more residential properties to sell. From their latest financial report, May 2011 (further property sales in the intervening months mean that the debt has likely fallen further still):

"The GroupÔÇÖs property business continues to be debt free and generating surplus cash for the Group. The overall level of Group net debt had been reduced to ?ú97.8 million (2010 - ?ú135.6 million) at the balance sheet date."

Whoever said that is more than a little out of date. Arsenal are not far off clearing their stadium debt and they still have some more residential properties to sell. From their latest financial report, May 2011 (further property sales in the intervening months mean that the debt has likely fallen further still):

"The Group’s property business continues to be debt free and generating surplus cash for the Group. The overall level of Group net debt had been reduced to ?ú97.8 million (2010 - ?ú135.6 million) at the balance sheet date."

What sort of debt are we carrying?

When arsenal were winning doubles, it was only because we werent better than them

The title of this thread is so fitting

I am deeply troubled by this thread which, at 58 pages long, is far and away the largest thread on this site in terms of views and replies. Personally, I feel this makes us look somewhat small time and more interested in what the scum say and do and would suggest the entire thread is deleted, never to return. IMO of course.

I am deeply troubled by this thread which, at 58 pages long, is far and away the largest thread on this site in terms of views and replies. Personally, I feel this makes us look somewhat small time and more interested in what the scum say and do and would suggest the entire thread is deleted, never to return. IMO of course.

:yawn:

Arsemania had one about us before this was made.....guess why no one posts in that one anymore?

Bluemoon has had about 6 threads about us this year....their 150 odd page Tottenham Thread used to be called Harry-Worst Manager In The PL....guess why that one had its name changed?
They also have Man U Watch and The Liverpool Thread
RAWK has a Spurs Thread
Red Cafe has a Spurs Thread

Is the whole world small time?

Its football mate, it happens. Its called bragging, and after putting up with two decades of The Scum slating us, Im enjoying this season, and enjoying this thread. You want it locked, dont read it.

In fairness, we've had a lot of material to work with of late....

"Ridiculously though, they also have the image of the small team in a small stadium punching above its weight (a bit like Arsenal used to be?), which is totally inaccurate."

:ross: Their old stadium was bigger than WHL.

"Spurs have wasted money on the likes of Pav, Dos Santos, Bentley" So does that mean they consider spending millions on the likes of Mertesacker, Walcott, Djorou, Arteta, Arshavin, Eboue, Koscielney and Sqillaci to be money well spent?

And not only are we above them in the league, were still in the FA cup whereas they are OUT of every competition.

The 15 years of them finishing above us obviously don't count as we were brick.

:yawn:

Arsemania had one about us before this was made.....guess why no one posts in that one anymore?

Bluemoon has had about 6 threads about us this year....their 150 odd page Tottenham Thread used to be called Harry-Worst Manager In The PL....guess why that one had its name changed?
They also have Man U Watch and The Liverpool Thread
RAWK has a Spurs Thread
Red Cafe has a Spurs Thread

Is the whole world small time?

Its football mate, it happens. Its called bragging, and after putting up with two decades of The Scum slating us, Im enjoying this season, and enjoying this thread. You want it locked, dont read it.

you seem well versed in these sites and I wonder whether their threads on us are also the largest threads on those respective sites?

It's fine for Arsenal to rip Spurs, but when we give it back to them after years of them being better it makes us small time. That's what their fans say. Not saying you are a gooner btw.

you seem well versed in these sites and I wonder whether their threads on us are also the largest threads on those respective sites?
The only reason this thread is big is because it's where virtually everything Arsenal related goes, whereas every little aspect of Spurs talk is spread over tons of different threads.

What sort of debt are we carrying?

As of the end of June, 2011, Spurs' net debt was ?ú57 million.

Sounds like quite a lot but when you factor in that the club has spent some ?ú60 million on buying up property for the NDP over the past few years; plus ?ú25 million during the panning process (including the failed bid for the Olympic stadium); plus a further ?ú30-40 million on the new training ground, then it is incredible that net debt is so low. An outstanding achievement.

It's also important to note that the debt has been taken on to pay for tangible assets. So, even though our net debt is considerably higher than it was before the club started in earnest on the stadium and training ground projects, our net asset position is much healthier.

The only reason this thread is big is because it's where virtually everything Arsenal related goes, whereas every little aspect of Spurs talk is spread over tons of different threads.

Also because there is a huge amount to laugh about :p

Factcheck: It's the 2nd most viewed and 3rd most commented in.:-"

http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/showthread.php?8-The-midweek-weekend-games-thread

http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/showthread.php?510-Capello-Resigns

As of the end of June, 2011, Spurs' net debt was ?ú57 million.

Sounds like quite a lot but when you factor in that the club has spent some ?ú60 million on buying up property for the NDP over the past few years; plus ?ú25 million during the panning process (including the failed bid for the Olympic stadium); plus a further ?ú30-40 million on the new training ground, then it is incredible that net debt is so low. An outstanding achievement.

It's also important to note that the debt has been taken on to pay for tangible assets. So, even though our net debt is considerably higher than it was before the club started in earnest on the stadium and training ground projects, our net asset position is much healthier.

Thank you for that reply Jimmy.

Fifty nine pages now baby OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!\o/\o/\o/\o/

Back