• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

What would you have to sue for? There's no actual loss as it would have been suspension with pay. Assuming you didn't miss any promotions during the time then there would be no loss to cover with a suit.

mental distress for their lack of support when I was the one being attacked

Stain on my character

being forced out of the job (you’d have to leave if that happened, the company, maybe even the industry, being found not guilty doesn’t come anywhere near balancing out the suspended on suspicion of talk)

it’s an incredibly complex situation, I’m not sure there is a good answer that protects everyone who need’s protecting

mental distress for their lack of support when I was the one being attacked

Stain on my character

being forced out of the job (you’d have to leave if that happened, the company, maybe even the industry, being found not guilty doesn’t come anywhere near balancing out the suspended on suspicion of talk)

it’s an incredibly complex situation, I’m not sure there is a good answer that protects everyone who need’s protecting
You're right, there isn't a good answer. Protecting people from a potential rapist is the least worst of them though.

When did this sh!t go up. Saturday coming into Kings X was the first time I've seen it. My immediate reaction was where can I buy some petrol & matches :mad:

images

The inevitable St T Day postponed for another weekend at least. Had a bad feeling Saturday morning it could have been today

I'll take it being a once a decade event now.
Which is why it’s so important that they don’t win the title this season as they could really push on. Whereas the combination of the deflation that will come from losing when they’ve been top for so long and the fact their rival surely inc us, cannot be as bad next season, will hopefully see them outside the top 4 again.

Which is why it’s so important that they don’t win the title this season as they could really push on. WHerashe combination of the deflation that will come from losing when they’ve been top for so long and the fact their rival surely inc us, cannot be as bad next season, will hopefully see them outside the top 4 again.

It's a one season thing, there is no real quality there.

Didn’t see much of the game yesterday or in general but it seems like they’ve had a combination of playing out of their skins plus things going in their favour. Their first goal yesterday had an element of fortune to it. Liverpool missing a penalty as well as countless other chances. Just glad they didn’t nab all 3 points instead of 1. Still think it’s too close to call for the title but I backed them just before the World Cup and I’m gonna win some money to cushion the blow if they do get over the line. I’d happily pay for them NOT to win it though.

Ramsdale is actually a very good goalkeeper
Really strange one that! He was, by far, the worst GK in the PL when he was at Sheffield U, and a huge contributing factor to them getting relegated. He was absolutely awful! I have no idea how he suddenly became a good GK.

Really strange one that! He was, by far, the worst GK in the PL when he was at Sheffield U, and a huge contributing factor to them getting relegated. He was absolutely awful! I have no idea how he suddenly became a good GK.
You could see at Bournemouth that he had lots of ability. That Sheff Utd team would have tested Buffon!

It's partly confidence and partly that Saliba, Gabriel and Partey have been a really effective defensive shield in front of him. Put him behind the Spurs defence and I'm sure he will not be as effective. That said he should be ahead of Pickford for England on both ability and current performance.

Laughed myself silly when they bought him. He's proved me wrong. His display at our place was the best goalkeeping performance I've seen in a long time. He's a much better 'keeper than Pickford.

Bloody sickening.

Some of the Arsenal fans at work have been having a bit of banter since Christmas, but today when talking about the game and how City can win the league if they win their remaining games, they seem to get stroppy. The nerves are definitely kicking in from some of their fans, hopefully this rubs off on the players. Saudi Sportswashing Machine and City away will be pivotal to the out come of the league.

Some of the Arsenal fans at work have been having a bit of banter since Christmas, but today when talking about the game and how City can win the league if they win their remaining games, they seem to get stroppy. The nerves are definitely kicking in from some of their fans, hopefully this rubs off on the players. Saudi Sportswashing Machine and City away will be pivotal to the out come of the league.

Crucial.

Avoid defeat in both and I would say they are champions. City have another defeat in them, I am sure all the games remaining will catch up with them, they simply have to beat Arsenal at home firstly and then see if the Gooners get a bout of nerves similar to last season.

Could even be a sense of deja vu. City beat Arsenal 3-0 at home in a rearranged midweek fixture and then lose 2-0 at Saudi Sportswashing Machine a few days later????

Didn’t see much of the game yesterday or in general but it seems like they’ve had a combination of playing out of their skins plus things going in their favour. Their first goal yesterday had an element of fortune to it. Liverpool missing a penalty as well as countless other chances. Just glad they didn’t nab all 3 points instead of 1. Still think it’s too close to call for the title but I backed them just before the World Cup and I’m gonna win some money to cushion the blow if they do get over the line. I’d happily pay for them NOT to win it though.
They were tinkling all over Liverpool until Xhaka was stupid enough to get the Liverpool crowd going.

Last Sunday my kids were up visiting for Easter and we went to our local pub for a late lunch and then some live music from a local band who mainly play stuff from the 60s and 70s....

My daughter's partner is a gooner and he was loving it at 1 nil , 2 nil and when the scousers missed a penalty... Me and my son, Spurs of course, were rather happy when they finally equalised...

The game finished and the band were on a break.

Ten minutes later they started up again and the first song they did, and a pure coincidence, was 'Ferry across the Mersey '...

By now we had had a few beers so of course the Spurs contingent had to get up and dance and sing, although nobody else was. My son in-law's face was a picture...

Wonderful.... Come on Emirates Marketing Project....

Last edited:
This Arsenal team reeks of Leicesters freak season.
No one expected this.
All others around them failing.
The more they go forward the more they believe.

So if they do win they must be reminded of this !!

Qunts

Unless I've misunderstood, you've made out that having belief in themselves and also performing better than the sum of their parts is a bad thing. As for others failing around them, like any team they can only be accountable for their own games.

I pray that City will win it because the level of cognitive dissonance of those who think "it's impossible to compete against the money clubs so why even bother" will take such an enormous amount of denial, it may be damaging. If the worst happens I think that a bit of humility will be best just to accept the reality of what they've done, unpredictable it may be but it's not out of absolute luck, the qunts will have earned it.

It would be on a similar level to if Poch decided to go to Chelsea in the summer. Even with the clowns in charge he would have a better chance of winning something but many (not naming names on here) would be emotionally broken by it no doubt. Loyalty wise I'm fairly he wouldn't go to Arsenal but don't know if it'd stretch to Chelsea, if that actually want him that is.

Obviously it's a doomsday / catastrophizing prediction that both of the above will happen but in a self schadenfreude way it would be amusing, it's definitely either a laugh or cry situation. I appreciate if there is a "fudge you for even thinking this" response, I am thinking it myself but sometimes it is best to prepare for the worst as it softens the blow, toxic positivity can go fudge itself.

Last edited:
Back