• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

MOTD commentary suggested Partey came back from a thigh injury, which looks like what he went off with, did they rush him back for this?
Yep
My mate said to me before the game he is a big plus for them
My exact words.... feels like a rushed call to me. Is he fit !!!!
And low and behold he crumbled like a wimp

It's one thing to get agitated over a top four club losing a big game. But to lose his brick when his club is a distant fifteenth - with an anchor - is just the surest sign of selfish, self-absorbed entitlement. And a damning statement about how he's set to continue his drought after he becomes a 40-year-old virgin.

I love Spurs madly. But you wouldn't see me in a broadcast studio yelling angrily at a short person or at some wobble-waisted fellow fan in England after my Spurs lost. And certainly not for a livelihood.

Any manager coming in has to deal with the Ozil issue the huge over investment in poor players like Xhaka issue. He is not the problem there, far from it.
Correct, but when you inherit such a mess, you need a manager who is pragmatic, and can set up a team with what he's got, not one that insist on playing his style, regardless of if the players suit that style. Arteta is in the latter category.
He constantly messes on about how many crosses they produce, but Aubameyang and Lacasette have scored a total of 7 headed goals combined for Arsenal in their career! Seven! I could understand playing like that if they had Giroud up front, but they don't.

Correct, but when you inherit such a mess, you need a manager who is pragmatic, and can set up a team with what he's got, not one that insist on playing his style, regardless of if the players suit that style. Arteta is in the latter category.
He constantly messes on about how many crosses they produce, but Aubameyang and Lacasette have scored a total of 7 headed goals combined for Arsenal in their career! Seven! I could understand playing like that if they had Giroud up front, but they don't.

0_GettyImages-1206692850.jpg

Steve Round, former assistant to the likes of McClaren and Moyes. Maybe he wants to better the record of 81 crosses that United put in against Fulham when he was there with Moyes.

It's one thing to get agitated over a top four club losing a big game. But to lose his brick when his club is a distant fifteenth - with an anchor - is just the surest sign of selfish, self-absorbed entitlement. And a damning statement about how he's set to continue his drought after he becomes a 40-year-old virgin.

I love Spurs madly. But you wouldn't see me in a broadcast studio yelling angrily at a short person or at some wobble-waisted fellow fan in England after my Spurs lost. And certainly not for a livelihood.

How much is he getting paid though?

Talking crap to big his team up does not make him a bad manager though, if that was the case Klopp would be in the Championship.

They were not bad yesterday TBH

Talking crap to big his team up does not make him a bad manager though, if that was the case Klopp would be in the Championship.

They were naive and toothless, not for the first time. Think Wright and Jenas on MOTD got it spot on with their analysis.

They were naive and toothless, not for the first time. Think Wright and Jenas on MOTD got it spot on with their analysis.

We hardly ruined them though. I think if they accept that they have to unravel years of mismanagement. overspending and the need for a complete overhaul they stick with Arteta, the man they themselves identified and work through it. There was no way they were getting top 4 this year, too many better clubs regardless. If they sacked him and started yet again they would be throwing fuel onto the fire even further.

They where not bad? Come on! Every player takes at least 3 touches every time they get the ball! No one is running into spaces to receive the ball, no one is commanding other players to cover or get into positions.
All they did was slow, sideways passing, and after 50 passes lump a hopeful cross in.
How is that not playing bad??

good podcast on Rule the Roost with a Gooner and they discuss AFTV, and the fact that when Arsenal are playing well, AFTV get less hits etc so it benefits them more when Arsenal are brick and playing poorly so they can go ape brick online for the clicks.

Also, how the fudge is Troopz now making things. Guys a massive bell end. Just shows that you can be a useless dingdonghead with a big mouth and still be successful without any actual skill or knowledge about anything.

On the Gooner front, Willian on a 3 year contract for 250k, looked dodgey when signed, now though, jeez. Auba also looks a shadow of himself. Long may it continue.

Aubameyang was on the decline when they bought him, his pace made him the threat he was, you have to credit him for still scoring goals but he’s not worth the money they paid for him or the salary he’s on.

Back