• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

It doesn't matter, we won't finish above them until Wenger leaves. The end of last season just proved it.

Don't agree. Last season they finished 1 point ahead of us. That point would have been made up if we had not lost 2 key players for the last three games. But I do agree we need some reinforcements if we are to take all the competitions seriously. But I believe the club are working on these so not too worried. Come back to me at the end of the transfer window if we haven't strengthened and I may be more inclined to bite my nails.

I think if the Arse get Varney they will be no better then they are now, he has great pace but his all round game is poor.
The only reason Vardy would want to leave Leicester to go to l'arse, would be financial. It won't be to make him a better player IMO or to win things. He fits Leicester's style of play superbly and he is riding high on confidence. Moving to a new club with a different style of play and dynamic has disaster written all over it for me. A bit like Keane and Lambert to Liverpool or Torres to Chelsea.

The only reason Vardy would want to leave Leicester to go to l'arse, would be financial. It won't be to make him a better player IMO or to win things. He fits Leicester's style of play superbly and he is riding high on confidence. Moving to a new club with a different style of play and dynamic has disaster written all over it for me. A bit like Keane and Lambert to Liverpool or Torres to Chelsea.

He's meant to be on £80k a week at Leicester, so they are going to have to pay him well into six figures. It just seems like madness to me and reeks of desperation.

Back when Wenger inherited the best defence in the league.
The difference is Henry and Anelka didnt just work on the counter, they could play.
We'll see how well Vardy does when he doesn't score for a few games, has to put up with abuse from Leicester fans and gets booed off by the typical emirates support. Wenger isnt gonna built a side around him like Raneiri did.
Look at where Vardy has come from, at every higher level he has had to adapt and improve. Why is that just going to stop now. At Arse he will have the likes of Ozil, Sanchez, Cazorla supplying him when he plays. if he has to improve aspects of his game he will

It's all about individual hunger, the will to suceed. So far Vardy has shown tonnes of it to get to where he has.

Look at where Vardy has come from, at every higher level he has had to adapt and improve. Why is that just going to stop now. At Arse he will have the likes of Ozil, Sanchez, Cazorla supplying him when he plays. if he has to improve aspects of his game he will

It's all about individual hunger, the will to suceed. So far Vardy has shown tonnes of it to get to where he has.

That's one way of looking at it. The other is that he is a journeyman who has had a season and a half playing above himself.

Don't agree. Last season they finished 1 point ahead of us. That point would have been made up if we had not lost 2 key players for the last three games. .

Our last two games were home to Southampton and away to relegated Saudi Sportswashing Machine. We got zero points and worse than that were thoroughly humiliated in the final game by the scoreline. Being without 2 important players cannot be used as an excuse.

Our last two games were home to Southampton and away to relegated Saudi Sportswashing Machine. We got zero points and worse than that were thoroughly humiliated in the final game by the scoreline. Being without 2 important players cannot be used as an excuse.
Southampton on great run of form at the end shouldn't be dismissed, playing them without those missing players and inadequate cover tipped the balance in their favour. Saudi Sportswashing Machine was a disgrace. It's not really an excuse though as we are talking about Arsenal bettering us over just 2 games rather than across the season. 1 point can be gained or lost at any point in the season and the loss of key players can cost us those points where are squad outside the first 11 is weak.

Last edited:
rumors that they've met Mahrez's release clause too now
He would be a better acquisition for them. In saying that I still have this nagging feeling that the performance levels of the Leicester players from last season will not be repeated no matter where they end up.

There are loads of players with tons of hunger and will that quite simply are not good enough. It's not all about that, it's also about talent and ability, it's about how well you fit a system. He's been a great success in one system, that doesn't mean he has the ability to learn what he needs to learn to be a success in a different system.

I think Mahrez would be a much better signing for them (and most other clubs) than Vardy.

There are loads of players with tons of hunger and will that quite simply are not good enough. It's not all about that, it's also about talent and ability, it's about how well you fit a system. He's been a great success in one system, that doesn't mean he has the ability to learn what he needs to learn to be a success in a different system.

I think Mahrez would be a much better signing for them (and most other clubs) than Vardy.

We shall just have to wait and see them.

One thing I noticed last season was that Arse relinquished possesion in quite a few games, allowed the opposition to have more of the ball and then hit back on the counter. Maybe Wenger is going to develop this further and for that Vardy will be ideal.

Wenger is not stupid. Stubborn but not stupid. Unless he is unwilling to change tactics why would he be buying Vardy. What he deliberately wants to sabotage the scum in his potentially last season there? would be nice but it's unlikely.

It's Kante imo. He has a release clause, mahrez doesn't iirc.

There was lots of talk towards the end of the season that Wenger had met with Kante and everything was agreed.

Also the talk was Wheelchair and Oxlaide are off to Emirates Marketing Project. They are desperate to add British players to the squad.

We shall just have to wait and see them.

One thing I noticed last season was that Arse relinquished possesion in quite a few games, allowed the opposition to have more of the ball and then hit back on the counter. Maybe Wenger is going to develop this further and for that Vardy will be ideal.

Wenger is not stupid. Stubborn but not stupid. Unless he is unwilling to change tactics why would he be buying Vardy. What he deliberately wants to sabotage the scum in his potentially last season there? would be nice but it's unlikely.

Arsenal will still play a large majority of their games against teams that will not accept Arsenal to just sit back and counter effectively.'

Wenger isn't stupid, but he's certainly made failed signings in the past. Me saying that I think a signing isn't particularly good for them isn't the same as saying that Wenger is deliberately sabotagin them.

Arsenal will still play a large majority of their games against teams that will not accept Arsenal to just sit back and counter effectively.'

Wenger isn't stupid, but he's certainly made failed signings in the past. Me saying that I think a signing isn't particularly good for them isn't the same as saying that Wenger is deliberately sabotagin them.

There is a big difference in buying players who fit the system and seeing them fail compared to buying players apparently completely alien to how the team plays and then failing as a result.

So why is Wenger buying Vardy?

Back