• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

Yeah just 1 or 2 players. They've added just one big name for the past two seasons; Ozil and Sanchez. Granted Ozil has been a disappointment although I'm sure Neymar would argue he should have won the PFA award both seasons, they are thinking bigger and spending more not just going for players from the French league.

Yea I don't understand where ospina's got this big reputation from? I can only imagine it's because chesney is so bad that it makes even an average keeper look good.

I remember a couple of years ago some posters saying how great chesney was as well, I just don't see it at all with him or ospina. Cech will certainly improve them, but I don't think he is a world beater either nowadays, just a solid pair of hands, similar to what we got when friedel arrived.

He's definitely better. Ospina makes every save look difficult. My 5 year old cousin could kick a ball in his direction and he still wouldn't catch it.
Yep I know what you mean. He seems to make a meal out of fairly ordinary saves quite a bit. You can almost see him thinking - Right I've got this one, but if I contort my body into the right shape I can put it on my highlights reel.

OIivier Giroud has signed a new three-year contract with Arsenal, according to reports.

The 28-year-old joined the Gunners from Montpellier in 2012 in a deal worth around £9.6m, and has since scored 41 Premier League goals in 97 games for the north London club.

Giroud was Arsenal’s top scorer in the league last season and Italian outlet Tuttomercatoweb report that he has been rewarded with a fresh three-year contract worth £130,000-a-week.

41 goals in 3 years gets you 130k a week... they must have more players on over 100k p/w than almost any club in the world

it sounds crazy but I bet the average PL wage is closer to 100k a week than 10k a week

I think public expectation of footballers wages trails reality by 4/5 years

I bet there isn't a single first choice forward at the PL CL clubs on less than 100k a week, Costa, aguero and Rooney will be on double, hell, probably triple, that

he's probably the best forward they can get

it sounds crazy but I bet the average PL wage is closer to 100k a week than 10k a week

I think public expectation of footballers wages trails reality by 4/5 years

I bet there isn't a single first choice forward at the PL CL clubs on less than 100k a week, Costa, aguero and Rooney will be on double, hell, probably triple, that

he's probably the best forward they can get

Costa, Aquero & Rooney are a different level to Giroud

Honestly find it hard to believe he's the best they can buy, really saying they couldn't have got Benteke if they wanted? If they were willing to shell out the money they did for Ozil, there isn't a striker out there for 40M or so?

Scum have always had a bricky wage model, buy cheap and pay big, problem is they now have to buy big and pay big ...

Costa, Aquero & Rooney are a different level to Giroud

Honestly find it hard to believe he's the best they can buy, really saying they couldn't have got Benteke if they wanted? If they were willing to shell out the money they did for Ozil, there isn't a striker out there for 40M or so?

Scum have always had a crudty wage model, buy cheap and pay big, problem is they now have to buy big and pay big ...

I agree they are, I don't think arsenal shop at that level

Cech has improved arsenal but they still need a lot more to challenge city, chelsea and prob even utd.

I agree, the entire spine of their team has required addressing for quite some time, utter madness that it's taken Wenger this long to find a suitable replacement for Lehmann, Cech will certainly improve them. But they still need a CB, a holding mid (Wheelchair may fill this role if he remains fit) and they also need to stop fannying about with wingers and bring in a top-level forward to replace Giroud.

I agree, the entire spine of their team has required addressing for quite some time, utter madness that it's taken Wenger this long to find a suitable replacement for Lehmann, Cech will certainly improve them. But they still need a CB, a holding mid (Wheelchair may fill this role if he remains fit) and they also need to stop fannying about with wingers and bring in a top-level forward to replace Giroud.

Yea they're quite clearly a very good side, but it's takes more than that to win titles (unless you have Fergie as your manager).

Back