• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

BTJ7XK2CEAA980U.jpg

All down to his superior peripheral vision.

Signed 2 players and 1 on loan, no cover until Jan upfront or at the back, areas where they really needed it..

They have a balsa wood squad with players always getting injured longterm, Ozil is ace but really not really what they wanted

German national physio says Podolski out for 3 months/December.

good job they strengthened up front. injury to Giroud and its just Bendtner & Sanongo.

Think they'll be fine. That Zelalem looks unreal. Awesome passer

By the time he's old enough to cope with the PL the goons will have had 3 concurrent seasons out of the CL. If he's anywhere near as good as they believe he is (I don't think he is) then they'll be selling him to a big club.

I can't believe their fans have been hoodwinked so easily, two weeks ago, Wenger out, Gazidis out, 'we're doomed'. A win against a team that would have been disqualified anyway, a win against Fulham and us, signing one player, who, while being a (potentially) great player is not good enough to fulfil the role of defensive midfielder, centre back and captain, and all is great at Woolowich Wanderers again.

And they call us fickle!!

Sometimes buying one or two is better than 7 average... Ozil is a class above what we have got.

Ozil is a magic player....Real will miss him loads and **** fans are in for a treat. He hasnt even reached his peak yet

86 mill for Bale...42 mill for Ozil. Ozil is by far the better deal

86 mil to Spurs is the best deal of all.

This. Not only that, but buying the best players in the window (done by Real/Barca this summer) does not equal making the best purchases.

Fellaini will improve Utd much more than Ozil will the goons or Willian will Chel$ki, because that's a position that needed filling. The goons and Chel$ki are already stuffed full of attacking midfielders.

Had we gone out and bought the world's greatest goal keeper our results probably wouldn't be much different to what they will be this season as we already have a very good one. Had the goons done that it would improve their results massively.

Rather than concentrating on the fact that they bought a very good player to play in a position where they already have at least one very good player, I'm enjoying the fact that they still haven't bought a decent keeper, defensive cover, defensive midfielder or striker cover. They're still an injury to Giroud and a defender away from a very bad season.

This. Not only that, but buying the best players in the window (done by Real/Barca this summer) does not equal making the best purchases.

Fellaini will improve Utd much more than Ozil will the goons or Willian will Chel$ki, because that's a position that needed filling. The goons and Chel$ki are already stuffed full of attacking midfielders.

Had we gone out and bought the world's greatest goal keeper our results probably wouldn't be much different to what they will be this season as we already have a very good one. Had the goons done that it would improve their results massively.

Rather than concentrating on the fact that they bought a very good player to play in a position where they already have at least one very good player, I'm enjoying the fact that they still haven't bought a decent keeper, defensive cover, defensive midfielder or striker cover. They're still an injury to Giroud and a defender away from a very bad season.

That's what we said about RVP two years ago, when he singlehandedly carried them to third place, one point ahead of us... :-"

I agree with your post, BTW. The Willian transfer was clearly made simply to deny us a player we needed. He won't improve Chelski much at all, IMO. Will probably not get much game time either, or end up on loan, like the other 300 central midfielders they've bought recently. Özil will obviously improve ****, but he's not a massive upgrade. He would have made a far greater impact in our team, for instance.

Agree with Scara here.

And i bet with anyone, that once the w*nkfest subsides over the Ozil purchase, there will at some stage of the season be a massive criticism/tearing apart of Wenger over his failure (blindspot) to address all the blatant shortcomings that wereobvious to the majority during this window.

Don't fool yourselves, he is a massive upgrade on anything they have. Whether or not he turns them in to top 3 contenders, well that remains to be seen but he has given them edge over us in my opinion. I think we need to make an anonymous donation to the Charlie Adams liposuction fund. Charlie, you know what to do :twisted:

Agree with Scara here.

And i bet with anyone, that once the w*nkfest subsides over the Ozil purchase, there will at some stage of the season be a massive criticism/tearing apart of Wenger over his failure (blindspot) to address all the blatant shortcomings that wereobvious to the majority during this window.

I hope that happens, although I do think they now have the best individual player in the league, not that that alone was enough for us last season.

Can't Arsenal use Podolski as back up to Giroud? I know Podolski is injured for now but not all season.

I think Arsenal will benefit from the stability created by minimum signings. I still think they'll be the side to overtake if we want top 4. Man U could be overtaken but, we'll see.

That's what we said about RVP two years ago, when he singlehandedly carried them to third place, one point ahead of us... :-"

I agree with your post, BTW. The Willian transfer was clearly made simply to deny us a player we needed. He won't improve Chelski much at all, IMO. Will probably not get much game time either, or end up on loan, like the other 300 central midfielders they've bought recently. Özil will obviously improve ****, but he's not a massive upgrade. He would have made a far greater impact in our team, for instance.

I dont agree tbh, Ozil is one of the best players in Europe, he'd be a significant improvement for just about any team other than perhaps Barcelona. I also don't personally think Arsenal have an abundance of real creative players. Cazorla aside, who is there?

Think they've left themselves short of strikers and they should have brought in a better keeper but I think they're set in both defence and midfield tbh.

I think the battle for CL places this year will be intense.

Also, people said the same thing about Man Utd and RVP last year. Don't need him, already got 3 great strikers, doing it just to stop City from getting him etc etc. Ended up being a very important reason they won the league.

Back