• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

We havent the best record there so for obvious reasons im pessimistic. They play very good football, Wenger ALWAYS gets them up for this one, 10 goals in the last 2 games at home against us. It's certainly going to be interesting. I'd take a boring 0-0.

We have to be tough in this one, close down quickly win the midfield and stop the supply to Walcott and others, we do that and I can see us getting a result. The last two games where they've got 5 have massively flattered them, can't see them scoring many on Sunday, not with our DMs

The only worry is where our goals are coming from, although I don't think they'll defend for their lives like Palace and Swansea did we'll need whoever plays on the wings to create, get balls into the box and hopefully something will drop for Soldado.

COYS.

theres obviously the potential for us to push the self destruct button but if we can keep our heads and play the way we have in the other 3 games I can't see us losing

Good reminder from http://www.topspurs.com/newsnow/thfccol-280813a.htm

eleven reasons (one for each of whatever no-mark turns out for them on Sunday) why we are bigger than north London’s third team;

1. Tottenham have won a major trophy in each of the last full decades dating back to the 1950s (only Man U can equal this).

2. Tottenham were the first London club to win the FA Cup in 1901 and when were still the only London club to have won it, when we lifted it again 20 years later. Indeed it took until 1930 for Arsenal to finally capture the cup, for what was to be their first major trophy, some 44 years after they had been formed (it took us just 19 years after our formation to lift our first trophy by comparison).

3. Tottenham were the first London club to win a European trophy (indeed first British club).

4. Tottenham have won three UEFA European trophies, Arsenal just the one.

5. Tottenham were the first London side to win the double in 60’61, doing it in style, unlike the anti-football of Arsenal ten years later. At the time, we had most points, most goals, most points and most wins. We still hold most wins in top flight from this memorable season as well as most wins from start season in the top flight. By contrast Arsenal did not even score the most goals of that particular campaign when they sneaked their way to the double in 70’71.

6. Tottenham record’s transfer fee paid (as of August 27th at least) is £25.8 million, Arsenal’s just £15 million.

7. Tottenham’s record attendance 75038, Arsenal’s 73707.

8. Arsenal recorded just 4,554 supporters in a top flight match v Leeds in 1966, just four months later Tottenham recorded 43,844 in the equivalent fixture, nearly ten times as many fans, watching the same opposition in the same completion, when our grounds were of very similar size.

9. Since the war, six times Tottenham have been the best supported club in England, Arsenal just twice (Tottenham were even the best supported in the country as a second division side – once again showing that even when the chips are down Spurs supporters turn out in droves).

10. Tottenham’s lowest ever average league crowd 13,370, Arsenal’s 4,460 (indeed 14 seasons in total Arsenal have averaged worse crowds than Tottenham’s lowest).

11. Tottenham have provided 70 representatives for the national side (the second highest of all time, just one player behind Villa), Arsenal have provided just 57.

Enjoy the game and Up the Spurs.

Spuds diving to get those points. This team is going to be nothing without Bale. Finishing 7th I bet.

Just go to glory-glory to have a laugh. They still think Bale is going to stay and they also think they have a shot at the title!!!!! My GHod! I always thought spurs fans were somewhat realistic bunch but right now they seem more delusional than pool fans. It's amazing. They really think all their new signings are world-class and that Paulinho is the "next Lampard"!

We are going to smash them this weekend.

Serie a is such a **** league. All their stars hop over the Ligue 1 or La Liga and actually stink up the place. Sanchez? couldn't score for **** at barca. Pastore? ****. Lavezzi? ****. Ibra? Obviously class and hell but he was way more potent in Serie A. We'll see how cavani does, but my bet is overrated too. There was a time when Serie A was a powerhouse league, with strong defensive tactics. Nowadays theyre ****.

I'll take Theo's tangible contributions in the league we play in to some Roma wingers stats from an inferior league any day. Now, Lamela could turn out to be a world beater, but it won't be because of his stats and playing time in Roma.

Wonder if this one might be a tighter affair with Spurs' new brutish midfield. But AVB is in charge so probably not.

We'll win this, no doubt about it.

I don't know why but i have a feeling we're going to trash them; 5-1 Arsenal. The Spuds goal obviously being a penalty.

:lol:

We havent the best record there so for obvious reasons im pessimistic. They play very good football, Wenger ALWAYS gets them up for this one, 10 goals in the last 2 games at home against us. It's certainly going to be interesting. I'd take a boring 0-0.

Agree. I don't know how Spurs fans can be so optimistic given our record there, 1 win in 20 years. They raise their game against us.

Agree. I don't know how Spurs fans can be so optimistic given our record there, 1 win in 20 years. They raise their game against us.

Most of the team's core doesn't know that pain as they haven't been here long enough.
They'll see this as a big derby game for sure, but I also think they are fearless and couldn't care less about that stat.

Most of the team's core doesn't know that pain as they haven't been here long enough.
They'll see this as a big derby game for sure, but I also think they are fearless and couldn't care less about that stat.

Maybe but I'm sure Paulinho, Soldado, Chadli and Capoue will have been told plenty of times already the importance of this game and our recent record there isn't good. That must play on their minds even a little.

They'll win this, and then crow about how they'll finish above us like they always have, before fading away horribly from December to February while we quietly hover up the points. We'll be six to ten points above them by the beginning of March.

After that, it'll go one of two ways. We either flame out horribly while they win 15 out of 16 or something ridiculous like that, or we inch over the line despite their improvement in form post-March.

They will not go quietly. But hopefully, this season that won't matter.

JB ‏@gunnerpunner 2h

Ramsey > Paulinho
Frimpong > Capoue
Gnabry > Chadli
Zelalem > Eriksen
Wheelchair > Lamela
Suarez > Soldado

Back