• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The glorious march to CL qualification

Sorry mate but that is rubbish ( imo) when you take into consideration how many injurys we have had to contend with this season( and i know injurys happen but we have had more then i can remember for years), the players who returned late after a busy world cup and not having time to recover then even IF we finish forth then looking at it as a huge setback a over reaction ( imo).

Depends if your a robot or not

Any rationale says top 4 and a final would be good

Top 4 and a CL semi so far is pretty damn good

Sorry mate but that is rubbish ( imo) when you take into consideration how many injurys we have had to contend with this season( and i know injurys happen but we have had more then i can remember for years), the players who returned late after a busy world cup and not having time to recover then even IF we finish forth then looking at it as a huge setback a over reaction ( imo).
Going into this season again without a home ground and not buying anyone over the summer, I'd bite your hand off for a guaranteed 4th place AND a CL semi in August. To be honest, looking back 25-30 years, I'd bite your hand off for a guaranteed CL spot at the start of ANY season. I'd like to see us doing better in one of the domestic cups, but job well done in my book.

According to a chart posted earlier by @SteveAWOL, our squad has lost uncomfortably more days to injury than any of the others in that list.
But I was told on here earlier today by a few posters that we had the better of the luck this season compared to our rivals?!?!

Edit: sorry, dingdong post I know, but the idea that we have somehow been lucky this season is pathetic and deserves ridicule in my view!

Last edited:
Agreed. There’s lots of banter across the clubs supporters that this is a terrible race for CL but there has to be something more to it. World Cup definitely a massive factory Europe could well be a factor and then compared to Liverpool, we’ve had far more injuries than they have.

I remember at the start of the season Liverpool left Fabinho out for the first couple of months. Then they left out Henderson. We really haven’t had anywhere close to the luxury.
I think pretty much any team with a set of reserves has the luxury of leaving out players of Henderson's calibre.

Going into this season again without a home ground and not buying anyone over the summer, I'd bite your hand off for a guaranteed 4th place AND a CL semi in August. To be honest, looking back 25-30 years, I'd bite your hand off for a guaranteed CL spot at the start of ANY season. I'd like to see us doing better in one of the domestic cups, but job well done in my book.

Agreed. We could have lost our spot this year and had some fortune at the end but we were streets ahead of United, Chelsea and Arsenal for three quarters of the season before everything caught up with us. And that was without really being at our best (aside from maybe Chelsea at home and Everton away). We absolutely deserve top 4 even if we fell over the line.

I’d have snapped anyone’s hand off for that at the start of the season. Like many before it, I thought this was the year all the others got their act together and we’d suffer for sitting on our hands. I just realised that I’m the exact opposite of a Liverpool fan (next year is everyone else’s year).

But I was told on here earlier today by a few posters that we had the better of the luck this season compared to our rivals?!?!

Edit: sorry, dingdong post I know, but the idea that we have somehow been lucky this season is pathetic and deserves ridicule in my view!

We have been lucky this season, there has not been another season when 10 out of 33 points since feb would see you finishing in the top 4.

As for the injuries, being ill prepared through lack of signings isn’t unlucky.

We have been lucky this season, there has not been another season when 10 out of 33 points since feb would see you finishing in the top 4.

How many points have our rivals got in that period?

There has been fortune at the end, for sure, but 70 has gotten in several times before. That’s what Harry got us.

On top of that, in previous years, how many sides amassed 61 points by the end of February and didn’t get in? I’m guessing none.

Agree with you on signings incidentally but we got away with it.

We deserve our spot.

It was me. it was me. Ridicule away.

All our rivals have been lucky that we’ve dropped so many points then! What a ridiculous, Ill thought argument!

There has been fortune at the end, for sure, but 70 has gotten in several times before. That’s what Harry got us.

On top of that, in previous years, how many sides amassed 61 points by the end of February and didn’t get in? I’m guessing none.

Agree with you on signings incidentally but we got away with it.

We deserve our spot.

I’m not saying we don’t, I’m saying we have been lucky in the last few months no one has been above clown levels of ability.

So, it seems that we will get CL next season in our spanking new stadium.
Unless we allow a 8/9 goal swing.
Not possible I would think.

Therefore thanks are due to Huddersfield & Brighton, with or own legend, the clip board Cris H/

We have done this with a decimated squad, specially in the CM area.
We sold Dembele. Dier, Winks & Wanyama have been injured / out of form & fitness for most of the season.

We have had to change our system from a high possession, pressing side to counter this situation.

Then, up steps a much maligned "useless" player. We had to change our system to accommodate him.
We did that, and seem to have been successful.

Step up, and take the deserved accolades .

Our Player of the Season:

Moussa Sissoko :)

Now let us go and beat Ajax for our first CL final.

Back