• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The glorious march to CL qualification

I take it that you don't know many liverpoo fans

I know some and the ones that I know are ok. Whereas I hate all that City stand for. A club that tries to spend its way to the top, commits FFP fraud, and has arrogance above itself. Don’t know why they didn’t really receive much punishment for dodging FFP rules.

Are you all done worrying about Arsenal yet? :p I even gave them a win at home to Palace and still had them struggling to get ahead of us, no chance now. It will be us 3rd and Chelsea 4th I think. I will have to alter my previous prediciton where I had Utd winning at home to Chelsea, I think Chelsea will beat them now, wheels will have totally come off once City give them a hiding in mid-week.

Quoting again the post from after the loss at Anfield:

I was expecting defeat in this game today, I was just phucked off by it because we really could have won the game and certainly should not have lost it, but for some idiotic play at the end and bad finishing throughout.

HOWEVER

our next 5 league games:

palace (h)
huddersfield (h)
Emirates Marketing Project (a)
brighton (h)
west ham (h)

I think we saw enough positives in today's performance, coupled with our home results so far this season, to suggest we can get 4 out of 5 wins there. 12 points. That puts us on 73 points with 2 games to go.

Let's say the goons win tomorrow. After that, their next 5 games are:

everton (a)
watford (a)
palace (h)
wolves (a)
leicester (a)

Arsenal are terrible away from home. Win tomorrow puts them 2 ahead of us on 63 points. But from these 5 games, I'm gonna be generous and say they will win 1 of the away games, beat palace, 2 draws and 1 defeat. 8 additional points gives them 71 points with 2 games to go.

Utd, level on points with us currently. Next 5:

wolves (a)
west ham (h)
everton (a)
city (h)
chelsea (h)

I think they will beat w.ham and chelsea, draw with City and get 4 points from the 2 away games. And I think that's quite generous to be honest, they have been very lucky recently and could easily lose both those away games. But, being generous, I put them on 72 points with 2 games to go.

Chelsea -- 1 point behind us currently. Next 5:

brighton (h)
west ham (h)
liverpool (a)
burnley (h)
utd (a)

I give them 3 home wins and 2 away defeats, which would put them on 69 points. Maybe they could get a point at Utd, I don't see them getting anything at Anfield.

So, imo, it will look something like this, with 2 games to go:

Spurs 73 points, Utd 72 points, goons 71 points, Chelsea 69 points.

And then we go away to Bournemouth and finish at home to Everton. IMO, a win v Everton will end up being enough for top 4.

TL;DR -- win our home games and we will finish in the top 4.

Upon review, with 2 games to go I think it will look like:

Spurs 73 points, Chelsea 72 points, Goons 68 points, Utd 64 points. Utd have really fallen off and if Arsenal get a poor result at Wolves (I don't think they will win) I think they will put all their eggs in the Europa League basket. The dream result would be Utd and Chelsea drawing, but Utd look so bad now.

So, for the umpteenth time; win our home games and we finish top 4!

What a surprise Arsenal lost again! Despite what everyone seems to be predicting their form isn’t going to miraculously change and they win every game, they are in the position they are for a reason, they are good, but really not that good and only got a result against us because we were in the midst of Poch’s worst run of form and results since he’s been here!

Are you all done worrying about Arsenal yet? :p I even gave them a win at home to Palace and still had them struggling to get ahead of us, no chance now. It will be us 3rd and Chelsea 4th I think. I will have to alter my previous prediciton where I had Utd winning at home to Chelsea, I think Chelsea will beat them now, wheels will have totally come off once City give them a hiding in mid-week.

Quoting again the post from after the loss at Anfield:

Upon review, with 2 games to go I think it will look like:

Spurs 73 points, Chelsea 72 points, Goons 68 points, Utd 64 points. Utd have really fallen off and if Arsenal get a poor result at Wolves (I don't think they will win) I think they will put all their eggs in the Europa League basket. The dream result would be Utd and Chelsea drawing, but Utd look so bad now.

So, for the umpteenth time; win our home games and we finish top 4!

Said it all along we would cruise to 3rd place

Best worst case still would be United make CL as they have a lot of work to do with their manager

The next best is Chelsea get 4th and win Europa but they ban stands so no one goes there

What a surprise Arsenal lost again! Despite what everyone seems to be predicting their form isn’t going to miraculously change and they win every game, they are in the position they are for a reason, they are good, but really not that good and only got a result against us because we were in the midst of Poch’s worst run of form and results since he’s been here!

When I saw they would be set a club home record I thought they would drop a gonad*

Their quite a spineless team

Last edited:
I reckon it'll be us and Cheatski 3rd and 4th now; Arsenal have had a difficult run of Watford (a) last Mon, then going to Napoli, today Palace (who are excellent away) and now have to go to Wolves and Leicester in the next week. That's too much for them

But Chelsea have to play Burnley, Man Utd, Watford and Leicester and that will not be easy.

Said it all along we would cruise to 3rd place

Best worst case still would be United make CL as they have a lot of work to do with their manager

The next best is Chelsea get 4th and win Europa but they ban stands so no one goes there

Hopefully Valencia win the Europa!

Agree on Utd but they are playing the worst football in the top 6, they are phucking dogsh1t. Olleh is at the wheel, but he's got a blindfold on and is going to drive them off a cliff, whilst calmly talking about some fond memory of "Sir Alex."

But Chelsea have to play Burnley, Man Utd, Watford and Leicester and that will not be easy.

Agreed, but I think they'll get more points from those games than Arsenal will from theirs simply because think its a lot more likely that Chelsea win at least two of their last 4, particularly as two of them are at home, that Arsenal do

Agreed, but I think they'll get more points from those games than Arsenal will from theirs simply because think its a lot more likely that Chelsea win at least two of their last 4, particularly as two of them are at home, that Arsenal do

As long as we finish third I can live with that. When it comes to Chelscum I am just looking forward to them being "Hazardless" next season.

We are better than Chelsea, they are better than arsenal, arsenal are better than Utd.

The places will be filled in that order IMO.

As long as we finish third I can live with that. When it comes to Chelscum I am just looking forward to them being "Hazardless" next season.

They also have a lot of players in their first 16-18 players who either have decreasing transfer value or are on loan: Luiz, Alpuicueta, Pedro, Willian, Kovacic, Higuain, Giroud....

Granted they have about 1000 players out on loan who they could recall, but they'll be storing up a large rebuilding process if they cant sign anyone for two windows

The Goons losing Ramsey is massive. Without him they are vulnerable and rudderless. It is not done by any stretch, but I think their defence is too weak.

They'll end up signing a worse, older player and paying them more than Ramsey wanted.

Back