• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The glorious march to CL qualification

There cant be many great weekends for us when we lose, but this has to be one. I now think perhaps just 6 or 7 more points might be enough for us to get top 4, though 8 should almost certainly be enough. Two wins in the next 6 days would mean we can go into the Ajax game relaxed about the league and just focusing on them.

I reckon it'll be us and Cheatski 3rd and 4th now; Arsenal have had a difficult run of Watford (a) last Mon, then going to Napoli, today Palace (who are excellent away) and now have to go to Wolves and Leicester in the next week. That's too much for them

About as good a day as we can expect

United taking a thumping from Everton
Scum losing at home to Palace

Both have harder games coming ..
Spot on for me. United being pushed further into crisis mode, with City coming up we could open up a gap to them with good results over the next week.

Arsenal putting themselves under real pressure with two fairly tough away games coming up.

Us losing to City looked almost a foregone conclusion before the weekend started, but we put on a good performance and even though we lost I'd have taken this set of result in an instance if offered before the weekend.

We had City away, one of the best teams in the world, with us running on fumes. United had a tough away game, but on paper a significantly easier game than ours. They took a thumping, improving our goal difference further. Arsenal losing at home to Palace.

Can't ask for much more.

Back