• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The glorious march to CL qualification

They've only lost 5 away. And they only dropped 4 points in the reverse fixtures v all the sides they've still to face.

They looked pretty well set up for the away game against us. We got lucky that day with their pen, didn't create much of our own due to their tactical set up and they dominated most of the game.
I dont really think a North london derby is a proper away game, and their performances have been better against the bigger teams (not sure about results but they tend to play better from what Ive seen). To date they have a poor away record, and even if they didnt they have some tough games. This league is very strong, its not just about playing the big 6 and most of the teams in this league away from home are far from easy and Arsenal are 10th in the away league table.....

They've only lost 5 away. And they only dropped 4 points in the reverse fixtures v all the sides they've still to face.
Who cares about the reverse fixture, the point is they arent that good away from home. They've got 32% of their points away from home this season which says it all.....

You think? I thought we were very poor that day and couldn't find a way to get around their set up in midfield. Lacazette missed two great chances and aside from the keepers world end of first half I don't recall too many openings for us. Think the general view was we got out of jail and not just with the penalty miss.
I thought we were very poor and they were just as bad to be honest. I didn’t think they had anymore control of the game than we did. They had some good chances, as did we.

My problem is that on paper the games Man U, Arsenal and Liverpool have v Wolves should've been tricky.

But you just know their focus will now be on the FA Cup semi and potentially a final, so expect rested players or that little lack of bite for fear of injury.

Who cares about the reverse fixture, the point is they arent that good away from home. They've got 32% of their points away from home this season which says it all.....

Their success rate is just over 45% away and just over 85% at home. If they maintain both, they should gain an extra 15 points, which will be comfortably enough for them to finish above us with what we have left IMO. I think they might do better than that, actually.

Well actually if we get the reverse fixture results at home we get 18 points don’t we

So it can work both ways

And your right about the arse ... they would have to improve their away form a lot

Their success rate is just over 45% away and just over 85% at home. If they maintain both, they should gain an extra 15 points, which will be comfortably enough for them to finish above us with what we have left IMO. I think they might do better than that, actually.

I wouldn't be so sure. Goons have 5 away wins this season, 3 of them against the bottom 3 and 0 against the top half of the table. Their next 4 away games are against the teams 7th-10th and imo, this is where they will fall down. Even against the Europa League sh1te, they have been poor away from home.

But they have won 5 away haven’t they?

This is where stats become an issue as you can spin it whichever way you want

And how did we do in our reverse fixtures of the ones we have left (which we played away)?

Actually, if you look at the average return for both clubs on what they each have left, it's 14 points apiece. Perhaps it could go either way, but on the other hand, our form has tanked, whereas theirs is picking up at the right time. I think it's between us and Man U for 4th.

Isn’t the main reason that ARSEnal are restricted in their transfer dealings due to UEFA Financial Fair Play rules, which are on a rolling 3 year cycle?

As dropping into Europa Cup the past 2 seasons means their wage cap has to be reduced this summer, unless they get back into CL in which case they can go back to their previous spending.
you can increase wages £7M per year or increased revenue (not TV money) what ever is higher. Works out to be 135K p/w so without selling anyone its not a lot of cash for a rebuild.

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/latest-news/premier-league-update-their-ffp-rules

Clubs will be able to increase their wage spend by £7m each season from 2016/17 to 2018/19 (an increase from the £4m a season during the current TV deal). Clubs can exceed this £7m cap if they generate increased revenue from commercial income, player trading and Match Day income. The Premier League rules are explained here - however they are a little complicated and this diagram should help explain how the rules will work for next season:

Actually, if you look at the average return for both clubs on what they each have left, it's 14 points apiece. Perhaps it could go either way, but on the other hand, our form has tanked, whereas theirs is picking up at the right time. I think it's between us and Man U for 4th.

United will need to beat Chelsea and city for a start to get there IMO

And arse aren’t picking up form... their playing a lot of home games that’s all

United will need to beat Chelsea and city for a start to get there IMO

And arse aren’t picking up form... their playing a lot of home games that’s all

13 points from 15 vs our 1. I don't think you can argue their form isn't better than ours, and as I've already said, it's tied at 14 points apiece out of the remaining games based on average form. Our current form isn't anywhere near our average, even if you don't think they are improving.

13 points from 15 vs our 1. I don't think you can argue their form isn't better than ours, and as I've already said, it's tied at 14 points apiece out of the remaining games based on average form. Our current form isn't anywhere near our average, even if you don't think they are improving.

But in our run we played 3 of the top 6 didn’t we?
They played us and United and beat United as we know at home.

But in our run we played 3 of the top 6 didn’t we?
They played us and United and beat United as we know at home.

Yes, and we've also stumbled against much lesser sides. I worry that the added pressure to perform in the new home will get to our players as well. Spam game will be a big test.

Yes, and we've also stumbled against much lesser sides. I worry that the added pressure to perform in the new home will get to our players as well. Spam game will be a big test.

See I see the new ground as a big boost for our players

You can see by their reactions what it means for them

And whilst people say we loss to lesser sides (we did) we lost to two teams away wheee we have appalling records (pool and chelsea) away to Burnley who were the form team at the time and southamlton which was a shocker as we played well enough to win by 3 or 4 and lost

But either way their defeats

It’s funny again thiugh with stats as my mates have been saying 10 defeats ignoring the fact we have also won the most games we have in the prem too I believe

See I see the new ground as a big boost for our players

You can see by their reactions what it means for them

And whilst people say we loss to lesser sides (we did) we lost to two teams away wheee we have appalling records (pool and chelsea) away to Burnley who were the form team at the time and southamlton which was a shocker as we played well enough to win by 3 or 4 and lost

But either way their defeats

It’s funny again thiugh with stats as my mates have been saying 10 defeats ignoring the fact we have also won the most games we have in the prem too I believe

Well yes, the run with zero draws was a bit freakish. Hope you're right about the stadium. Guess we'll soon know.

Well yes, the run with zero draws was a bit freakish. Hope you're right about the stadium. Guess we'll soon know.
Issues with moving stadium are usually because you move away from your home, not because you’re going back to it. We’ve been playing away for 2 years, so it’s, i think, reasonable to assume we’ll have an up turn in form now we can play at home again.

If we can keep the 2nd half performance going we will be fine, we have not played well for a while but there were signs in that 2nd half that we are through the worst. Lets be honest it was only poor finishing ( by us)and a howler ( another one) from Lloris that stopped us from getting all three points.

Back