• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The General Transfer Rumours and Speculation Thread

Woudn't be surprised. Concurrently, provided he moves on and succeeds at a club in the top flight somewhere, I wouldn't be surprised to see Warburton be linked with us at some point; he seems talented enough, succeeded at both Brentford and Rangers and is a self-professed Spurs fan with strong ties to our staff and academy setup. I don't think he'll actually ever be our manager, mind; his aversion to analytics and his age seem to count against him in terms of managing an elite club. But linked with us? Certainly. I could also see him taking up a role as our academy head or something, if he's open to it and we're not as focused on analytics at that level.
I don't think he necessarily has an aversion to analytics (indeed having come from a financial markets background prior to going into football coaching I would imagine that he knows they are essential), I think it was more that he wasn't happy that Brentford wanted to move to a model where all signing decisions were completely made by analytics without him having any say in who did or didn't come in.

I don't think he necessarily has an aversion to analytics (indeed having come from a financial markets background prior to going into football coaching I would imagine that he knows they are essential), I think it was more that he wasn't happy that Brentford wanted to move to a model where all signing decisions were completely made by analytics without him having any say in who did or didn't come in.

Fair enough. I freely admit that I don't know all that much about him beyond the fact that he left Brentford due to disagreements with their proposed data-driven scouting and recruitment structure, which I took to mean that he was a tracksuited manager of the conventional type that has only very recently been outmoded by the new wave of analytics-driven decision making sweeping clubs across Europe.

Fair enough. I freely admit that I don't know all that much about him beyond the fact that he left Brentford due to disagreements with their proposed data-driven scouting and recruitment structure, which I took to mean that he was a tracksuited manager of the conventional type that has only very recently been outmoded by the new wave of analytics-driven decision making sweeping clubs across Europe.
I would say that Pochettino is also a "tracksuited" manager of conventional type.

Some guy on twitter this morning saying that Sadio Mane is coming to us in the summer. I can't find the link now as I initially saw it on my phone.

I would say that Pochettino is also a "tracksuited" manager of conventional type.

Hey, don't blame me, I'm just quoting what the England FA considered to be the ideal replacement for Alf Ramsey, a philosophy they stuck to all the way until Hoddle; a 'tracksuited' manager. :)

Some guy on twitter this morning saying that Sadio Mane is coming to us in the summer. I can't find the link now as I initially saw it on my phone.
As much as I don't believe anything I read on twitter, I wouldn't mind if this was true. He really is wildcard type player that can change a game on his own. Dives a bit too much for my liking though.

I think I saw somewhere else saying he's going to Utd with Depay going the other way.

I would love to see Ross Barkley come and play under Poch.

+1, although we'd probably have to adapt our shape to fit him in.

In seperate news, I've seen the French media are linking Thauvin with a move to us if Saudi Sportswashing Machine go down. That's got to be the least likely of the rumours I have heard tghus far.

His early potential was massively overstated due to his nationality. Has zero footballing intelligence.

Bingo - they compared him to Gazza

P155 poor decision making and a poor reading if the game

Got some skills and looks better at a higher level but lacks any match nouce

Tottenham are trying to sign Atletico Madrid star Saul Niguez and have offered him a £4.7m-a-year deal. Manchester United and Arsenal are also keen on the player (Marca)
Where do they come up with this stuff? There's no way Atletico are selling him, unless it's for a ridiculous amount.

Back