• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The General Transfer Rumours and Speculation Thread

Are people serious when they talk about us making marquee signings like Ibrahimovic and Gotze or is it just a bit of fantasy football?

Are people serious when they talk about us making marquee signings like Ibrahimovic and Gotze or is it just a bit of fantasy football?

Maybe not Ibrahimovic, but we should definitely go for Gotze. Is our wage bill not going to go up with the influx of tv money?

Maybe not Ibrahimovic, but we should definitely go for Gotze. Is our wage bill not going to go up with the influx of tv money?

In theory the 55% of turnover limit means there should be room for expansion if revenue increases.

However we've also had a lot of new contracts recently, and the small matter of a £450m infrastructure project.

I can't see our outlay on wages changing much over the summer - the profile of players we utilise (young, hardworking, malleable, no big egos) are inherently low wage anyway

I cannot see our wage bill increasing as a percentage of our turnover because that would impact on the cost of credit needed to build the new stadium and a potential sale price should ENIC decide to cash in.

Every other club will also get increased TV money and most of them are not run as prudently as us. If increased TV revenue is going to increase our wage bill, it will every other club too which just means that players that are out of our reach now will still be out of our reach.

So the recent speculation has been:

Tielemans, Malli, Dahoud, Haller, Calleri, Ousmane Dembele, Moussa Dembele and Kovacic (loan).

So to summmarise we are targetting a new #8 to play in the deep midfield (Kovacic, Tielemans, Dahoud) a second striker (Haller, Calleri, M.Dembele) and an attacker (O.Dembele, Malli).

The Marseille bloke Michy Batshuayi could be worth a look as a backup for Kane. And like many in our team, he's Dutch too

I cannot see our wage bill increasing as a percentage of our turnover because that would impact on the cost of credit needed to build the new stadium and a potential sale price should ENIC decide to cash in.

Every other club will also get increased TV money and most of them are not run as prudently as us. If increased TV revenue is going to increase our wage bill, it will every other club too which just means that players that are out of our reach now will still be out of our reach.

Perhaps. I wouldn't want the club to significantly alter the wage structure, but we could do with one or two more experienced players in the starting 11/squad, which may mean that we need to offer more money to the type of players that we need.

Perhaps. I wouldn't want the club to significantly alter the wage structure, but we could do with one or two more experienced players in the starting 11/squad, which may mean that we need to offer more money to the type of players that we need.

Would a player over, say 28, have the energy to play in any of the front 8 positions in our system?

Personally, I doubt that we will see a change in our transfer strategy. In the past I have thought that there was a case for adding experience to the side but it does not appear that Poch agrees because I do not remember us being seriously linked with any players such as this. If there was a case for this in the past, it seems weaker now given that we have a group of players that will be a year more experienced and who have done far better than anyone expected.

Spurs scout Drissa Diallo has requested two tickets for the Rapid Wien vs RB Salzburg game on the weekend. Arsenal are also going to be there. Probably looking at Salzburg's Naby Keita (young holding midfielder) I'd guess.

Interesting person - Drissa Diallo. Was at MK Dons (is that where he met Paul Mitchell?) then moved to Southampton then Tottenham. Seems like he IS a Paul Mitchell person. If the rumour is true, then Naby could very well be the next signing.

Worth noting that Naby is from the same country that Drissa played for internationally.

Back