• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The General Transfer Rumours and Speculation Thread

Maybe save the nervous meltdowns for when we actually know who has come and gone?

Arsenal fan said:
I'm angry because our squad isn't good enough.

Chelsea fan said:
I feel that those conducting the negotiations are spending far too long chasing a particular player. For example, while Koulibaly has yet to sign any new contract at Napoli, he hasn't exactly made waves to leave.

Chelsea fan said:
I'm not talking about any clown like Senderos, but Chelsea had MONTHS for signing a ****ing CB because we needed that like the food for the humans. But for some reason the club couldn't get any single central defender until today.

Palace fan said:
We're still lacking a creative midfielder who can assist and score goals. That would enable us to play 4-2-3-1 more effectively. I love Puncheon but the goals have dried up over the last year. Lee is a tidy player but I don't think he is effective in a more advanced role. As for Mutch, he really needs to be moved on.

Defence really needs at least one more full back - ideally someone who can play either side.

So, 3 more players definitely needed imo. Maybe another winger too.

Everton fan said:
It would be stupid in the extreme to let Cleverley and McCarthy go without midfield replacements.

Everton fan said:
knowing our tendency to do last minute deals, I expect some movement too

Liverpool fan said:
Sigh.

It looks as though all of our competitors have strengthened in the areas that they needed to strengthen in, whilst we've only addressed one or two problem areas.

We still sorely lack a decent LB and a DM, and it looks as though we're going to end the window without either. Extremely disappointing as well given that we've offloaded quite a few players this window and have gotten very good fees for them. It's not like the money's not there, it is.

Stoke fan said:
anything less than 2 signings will be a failure. 3 if not 4 are needed to give us a fighting chance of 9th again.

Sunderland fan said:
It's going to be a long, long season if we don't at least add the 2 starting quality midfielders and forward cover

My mate and I were just discussing the fact that with Bentaleb, Chadli, Pritchard and potentially Mason, we have probably cleared around 125k a week off the wage bill (assuming that Bentaleb was on 50, Chadli 40-50, Ryan 35 and Pritchard 15-20)...you have to wonder where that money will go. We concluded that if the Isco thing has proper legs, it will come down to the player not wanting a buy-clause at the end of the season versus Poch convincing him we are the club for him. Given the new world order of Poch, where credible information is next to impossible to hear, we can be sure that Wed will keep us glued to our radios!

My mate and I were just discussing the fact that with Bentaleb, Chadli, Pritchard and potentially Mason, we have probably cleared around 125k a week off the wage bill (assuming that Bentaleb was on 50, Chadli 40-50, Ryan 35 and Pritchard 15-20)...you have to wonder where that money will go. We concluded that if the Isco thing has proper legs, it will come down to the player not wanting a buy-clause at the end of the season versus Poch convincing him we are the club for him. Given the new world order of Poch, where credible information is next to impossible to hear, we can be sure that Wed will keep us glued to our radios!

Indeed - ARE YOU NOT ALREADY ENTERTAINED??

:)

Add Yedlin and Fazio to that probably equates to another 50k a week total.

Thanks to Stephen for highlighting some concerns. Spursman also listed the gaps many feel we have in terms of pace. AM and game breaker, squad characteristics we should be covering. Poch may well have wanted Mane, who has some of these qualities, but as usual we are not going to pay market rates. So it is no good people saying the fans don't know who we should get, we do but the Club is not able to compete to get them. For example, Sissoko is available, Isco, for AM, I personally would like to see Sturridge bidded for. In terms of bargains, we could go for Diafra Sakho, has pace, can head, is Prem experienced and wants to leave WHam.
I think we can be up to £25m down on trading over the last FInancial Year (FY), without affecting the Stadium build for which we have been planning and used as an excuse for previous seasons austerity. Perhaps the Soldado, Lamela, Paulinho fees is making us fear competing for top level players?

I don't think we are far off from doing ourselves justice relative to last year, I personally don't care if we over achieved, that is where we were. We now have to seek improvement, as we will need to in the CL. We have the CL incentive plus TV revenue to get one or two top level players, otherwise we risk being overtaken by the likes of Everton, WHam etc. I don't think we have to spend £200m like the loaded clubs. I think we can be better with a little comparative investment.

giphy.gif

Just under 41 hours to go.

It's all going to be a bit Rasiak isn't it?

Isco really would be too perfect. A player who would have a VdV effect x 5 under Poch's tutelage...

The goons seem to be split between 'Juventus getting an upgrade on Pogba' and 'Get this fudgeer off our wage bill ASAP'.

At last the world is starting to realise what I've been saying for years - this guy is Lee Hendrie mkII. Hugely over-rated

Have we not got someone hanging around the offices/training ground or doorstepping Poch? I miss Harry and his 1,000,000 car window interviews. To anyone that cared to ask.

Back