• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The General Transfer Rumours and Speculation Thread

Do you mean falling behind in the sense that we may be unable to compete with the likes of City, Utd, Chearski? Or falling behind in our own progression plan? If the former, then you are possibly right but I think most people understand we cannot currently compete with their level of spending. If you mean the latter I would tend to disagree. We overachieved last season so even if we don't match 3rd place this year I would not see that as falling behind.

A bit of both ;)

No we can't keep up with Arsenal, Man U, City or Chelsea and probably Liverpool. Now add Everton, Southampton and West Ham to those who are around and about us.

I'm made up over Wanyama brilliant bit of business. Whether we really needed him as matter of urgency is another matter.
Poch said he wanted a Mane type player and I totally agree with him. let's hope the new French lad a do that job.
Not happy with the lack of joined up thinking that has 'currently' taken place or lack there of -fingers crossed for the next few days!

You make some good points but i disagree about Janssen, i think he has done well so far and been one of our better players over the three games.

I'm sorry I can't think of anything Janssen has done other than miss an open goal (great pass from Dele) and fall over a lot, His touch and control are poor and his lack of pace is a worry. It is nice and admirable to stick up for the new boy and of cause we want him to be a success but IMHO he is one too many trips to the bargain shelves.

I'm sorry I can't think of anything Janssen has done other than miss an open goal (great pass from Dele) and fall over a lot, His touch and control are poor and his lack of pace is a worry. It is nice and admirable to stick up for the new boy and of cause we want him to be a success but IMHO he is one too many trips to the bargain shelves.

The "open goal" had a goalkeeper and a defender sliding in to block, so hardly an open goal.
If that's the worst chance we miss season I'll be happy, and very surprised.

The "open goal" had a goalkeeper and a defender sliding in to block, so hardly an open goal.
If that's the worst chance we miss season I'll be happy, and very surprised.

Bloody goalkeepers they are a pain!
He still should have scored- we now know he is not two footed as well

So, a very important 48 hours coming up - possibly the most important in quite some time: I think we need to sort something - some grit, some pace, some guile and some experience. I'm a bit concerned we're leaving it all so late again - gets a bit trying after a while.

There's a large risk that, just like last time we qualified for the CL, we dont use that to our advantage with bringing in a couple big players in the summer.

It seems that every summer when we dont qualify for the CL, its used as a reason for not being able to attract players, but when we do get CL we dont see an uptick in the players we can bring in.

The positives in the window so far are:
- all last years' first 11 retained
- two of hte glaring gaps last year (cover for Dier and Kane) have been solved
- the other glaring gap, an attacker with some pace and skill, appears on the verge of being covered with Nkoudou, assuming he settles and performs

Downside from the window:
- loss of a reasonable amount of squad players / covers (assuming rumoured deals happen)
- thread-bare cover for Dembele given that Bentaleb and Mason have either gone/going
- all other teams in the PL it seems are having much more active summers than normal given the usual TV money. Even the Spammers have signed a current Italy international CF, Southampton have spent £15m on an attacker plus various other examples of smaller clubs stepping up. The other big clubs are buying quality. We're patching things up, rather than improving significantly, so rightly or wrongly it feels like we're losing ground

It feels like a 6/10 or 7/10 window so far as a result

There's a large risk that, just like last time we qualified for the CL, we dont use that to our advantage with bringing in a couple big players in the summer.

It seems that every summer when we dont qualify for the CL, its used as a reason for not being able to attract players, but when we do get CL we dont see an uptick in the players we can bring in.

The positives in the window so far are:
- all last years' first 11 retained
- two of hte glaring gaps last year (cover for Dier and Kane) have been solved
- the other glaring gap, an attacker with some pace and skill, appears on the verge of being covered with Nkoudou, assuming he settles and performs

Downside from the window:
- loss of a reasonable amount of squad players / covers (assuming rumoured deals happen)
- thread-bare cover for Dembele given that Bentaleb and Mason have either gone/going
- all other teams in the PL it seems are having much more active summers than normal given the usual TV money. Even the Spammers have signed a current Italy international CF, Southampton have spent £15m on an attacker plus various other examples of smaller clubs stepping up. The other big clubs are buying quality. We're patching things up, rather than improving significantly, so rightly or wrongly it feels like we're losing ground

It feels like a 6/10 or 7/10 window so far as a result

We've signed a Dutch international - the top scorer in the Dutch league. If we sign two or three more players we'll be sorted. Lets see...

The pending new stadium will stop us from splashing out. It's a shame as the prem money and us being in the CL would have given us a good chance to buy real quality.

We really need a backup for Dembele, upgrade on Eriksen and some pace.

No ... two answers

- One, Levy has expressly said it won't
- Two, the one good thing about all the delays with our stadium is the financial model was built with a very different tv & sponsorship revenue stream expected (income will be multiples of anything planned for).

Add in this is a CL season, we don't have money problems, we can't spend Cheat$ki/Manure/City kind of money, but we could buy a 35M+ type player if the club felt it was in line with current policy.

A bit of both ;)

No we can't keep up with Arsenal, Man U, City or Chelsea and probably Liverpool. Now add Everton, Southampton and West Ham to those who are around and about us.

I'm made up over Wanyama brilliant bit of business. Whether we really needed him as matter of urgency is another matter.
Poch said he wanted a Mane type player and I totally agree with him. let's hope the new French lad a do that job.
Not happy with the lack of joined up thinking that has 'currently' taken place or lack there of -fingers crossed for the next few days!

unfortunately he feels Zaha is that type of player:(

again the summer after we qualify for the CL we spectacularly fail to add the players needed to take us to a higher level.

So, a very important 48 hours coming up - possibly the most important in quite some time: I think we need to sort something - some grit, some pace, some guile and some experience. I'm a bit concerned we're leaving it all so late again - gets a bit trying after a while.
Your user name remains the greatest one on this forum!!!!

Leicester about to sign Slimani for 30 mill and Silva for 20 mill, both from Sporting Lisbon

Under £20m? bugger all choice. We are unfortunately building a new Stadium :) and at the same time sadly falling behind, which lets all be honest is no big surprise. But it is a little wearisome.

Could have bought Burke for £13m Real pace and power, and scored 5 goals in four games in the Championship this season before signing for Leipzig Red Bull FFS. One that got away there methinks.

Could have bought Burke for £13m Real pace and power, and scored 5 goals in four games in the Championship this season before signing for Leipzig Red Bull FFS. One that got away there methinks.

Our interest was real. Right up to the point where another team came in and actually offered some real money. Then we ran away - sh1t got too real.

Our interest was real. Right up to the point where another team came in and actually offered some real money. Then we ran away - sh1t got too real.

BVXSzi.gif

Back