• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Game Is About Glory Podcast

Cheers guys. There's a panel sifting process next, let's see if we get through that but they've put us forward for best football podcast and best team podcast

It's Just Who We Are, Mate
Season 4 Episode 20

The final whistle went and we have heartfelt views, honest perspectives, detailed notes, and pride in our mighty Spurs after tonight’s monumental match at the Lane. Milo leads the immediate post-match discussion with Steff and Ricky.

https://thegameisaboutglory.co.uk/

F-UCFgOXkAAY-dz.jpeg

Cheers. We might do another pod later in the week once we've had a chance to collect our thoughts. There's a lot to mull over from that game
I think you should. It was very good what you did, but blimey, I struggled to speak coherently to myself after that match, to make a podcast? 😄

A topic for discussion could very well be Sonnys message, how this shows how fans _can_ impact, why it is important to stay positive. And that works both ways. If the team is positive, the fans will be positive, which makes the team more positive, etc.
Yesterdays game could very easily have gone totally down the drain if the mood had been different. Imagine Dier and Hoibjerg coming on in a hostile stadium, or even an apprehensive one. This could so very easily have been another Sanchez-story.

In the end the result went down the drain anyway, but my word, what a way to go!

I think you should. It was very good what you did, but blimey, I struggled to speak coherently to myself after that match, to make a podcast? 😄

A topic for discussion could very well be Sonnys message, how this shows how fans _can_ impact, why it is important to stay positive. And that works both ways. If the team is positive, the fans will be positive, which makes the team more positive, etc.
Yesterdays game could very easily have gone totally down the drain if the mood had been different. Imagine Dier and Hoibjerg coming on in a hostile stadium, or even an apprehensive one. This could so very easily have been another Sanchez-story.

In the end the result went down the drain anyway, but my word, what a way to go!

I was really impressed with Sonny's message. It certainly made a change to the "the lads are disappointed but we go again" statements that we've had from Kane over the last few years

48 Hours Later
Season 4 Episode 21

48 hours after the craziness of Monday night, Milo, Gareth and Ricky get together to discuss how the dust has settled on the Chelsea game and see whether a few days reflection has given us a different perspective on events.

https://thegameisaboutglory.co.uk/

View attachment 16333

Great pod guys, and a good idea to have a follow up one.

I still don't know how to feel about this game. Love the football we played in the first 15/20 mins, thought we were going to blow them away. Felt we let and the stoppages let them collect themselves a bit, but was confident we would regroup and still win.
Was raging at Romero, disappointed that Udogie got sent off, think the ref was a little hasty with that card, but hard to complain.
I'm split on the choice of tactics, it made for excitement, it was courageous and was a real sign of intent. Getting beat 4-1 by Chelsea though, don't know.
My real struggle though is the joy of really what amounts to plucky losers. Obviously if this a turning point and we go on from here then brilliant, we can only hope..................

Great pod guys, and a good idea to have a follow up one.

I still don't know how to feel about this game. Love the football we played in the first 15/20 mins, thought we were going to blow them away. Felt we let and the stoppages let them collect themselves a bit, but was confident we would regroup and still win.
Was raging at Romero, disappointed that Udogie got sent off, think the ref was a little hasty with that card, but hard to complain.
I'm split on the choice of tactics, it made for excitement, it was courageous and was a real sign of intent. Getting beat 4-1 by Chelsea though, don't know.
My real struggle though is the joy of really what amounts to plucky losers. Obviously if this a turning point and we go on from here then brilliant, we can only hope..................

I don't see it as plucky losers. I see it as trying to win the game rather than settle for holding onto a draw. I also think that in the medium to long term we benefit because the players know that Ange is fully committed and will always back them if they follow his plan. I think that we will take a lot from this and improve.

I don't see it as plucky losers. I see it as trying to win the game rather than settle for holding onto a draw. I also think that in the medium to long term we benefit because the players know that Ange is fully committed and will always back them if they follow his plan. I think that we will take a lot from this and improve.

Yes I get that, it will be a big test for us though (not for Ange, everything I've heard about him says he ain't changing) to not revert now that things have turned against us (again).
The signs are very positive longer term, lots of noise of the right kind and almost no dissenters. We will improve, don't think I've ever seen us this good and could honestly say that.

Yes I get that, it will be a big test for us though (not for Ange, everything I've heard about him says he ain't changing) to not revert now that things have turned against us (again).
The signs are very positive longer term, lots of noise of the right kind and almost no dissenters. We will improve, don't think I've ever seen us this good and could honestly say that.
I think the single most important thing is to keep going on this trajectory, both style-wise and as a club. Even if we finish 7th or something, this is such a vital season to keep establishing who we now are. I think we all agree that we love it. And the union of supporters and club at the final whistle was fantastic. Some people will write a narrative based on our recent 'history', but they don't know the nuances or details of what is really going on here. I am so excited to see what this group does with such adversity, starting tomorrow.

I think the single most important thing is to keep going on this trajectory, both style-wise and as a club. Even if we finish 7th or something, this is such a vital season to keep establishing who we now are. I think we all agree that we love it. And the union of supporters and club at the final whistle was fantastic. Some people will write a narrative based on our recent 'history', but they don't know the nuances or details of what is really going on here. I am so excited to see what this group does with such adversity, starting tomorrow.

Absolutely, we made a start in the summer but we knew that there was more to do. Two more good windows, complete the squad rebuild and we can do what we did in our first 9 games but sustain it next season. I still think that top 4 is on for this season, we just need to keep picking up points over the next 6-8 weeks and then push in the new year.

A Kick In The Pods
Season 4 Episode 22

Milo, Gareth and Ricky chat about our last minute defeat at Wolves, our injury crisis, what we can do to cope until those players are back, Brennan Johnson’s first Spurs goal and Sonny’s tackle.

F-zNijiW4AADu1f.jpeg

Great pod as always guys. I thought the reason Bissouma struggled so badly against Wolves was that Lemina (MOTM in my opinion) simply didn't leave his side. I also noticed Yves and Hojbjerg having little arguments on more than once occasion in the first half, so I don't think there is trust between those two to share the ball, play intricate passes together.

But yeah, I think the fact that Lemina man-marked him so tightly also meant Dier and Davies didn't have the confidence to pass him the ball. Sarr was too high up and pitch to provide an alternate option and Pierre isn't great at taking the ball under pressure. So I think all those reasons caused the below par performance on this occasion.

Great pod as always guys. I thought the reason Bissouma struggled so badly against Wolves was that Lemina (MOTM in my opinion) simply didn't leave his side. I also noticed Yves and Hojbjerg having little arguments on more than once occasion in the first half, so I don't think there is trust between those two to share the ball, play intricate passes together.

But yeah, I think the fact that Lemina man-marked him so tightly also meant Dier and Davies didn't have the confidence to pass him the ball. Sarr was too high up and pitch to provide an alternate option and Pierre isn't great at taking the ball under pressure. So I think all those reasons caused the below par performance on this occasion.

I think this is an excellent break down of the main issues. Defence was always going to be trial and error, but I too felt the PEH/Bissouma thing was 'off' and you're bang-on with Sarr...it is Monday and I am still annoyed at Lo Celso's total lack of wherwithall to stop that quick free-kick!!!!!!

Reactions: jrh

Good post.
Milo, twice when discussing our goal, you said Sarr passed to Hojbjerg who fell over and the ball ran to Deki.
It was Porro who either slipped or dummied the ball to Deki.
Are Gareth and Ricky really so frightened of you that they cannot pull you up?

Good post.
Milo, twice when discussing our goal, you said Sarr passed to Hojbjerg who fell over and the ball ran to Deki.
It was Porro who either slipped or dummied the ball to Deki.
Are Gareth and Ricky really so frightened of you that they cannot pull you up?
Had that exact thought earlier when listening. It was a dummy from Porro for sure.

Back