• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Game Is About Glory Podcast

Fs2-Slt-VWIAMpqw-L.jpg

https://thegameisaboutglory.co.uk/a-right-fcking-mess/

A Ton For Son
Season 3 Episode 42

Milo and Steff look back at the 2-1 win over Brighton, analyse Ivan Perisic’s highlights, ponder whether the calm and collected De Zerbi would be right for Spurs, celebrate Sonny, and have a discussion about the appt of Scott Munn…which if you’re listening at the start of the week means this is a Munn-day pod! Which way is the exit?…

Ft-VTV24-Xs-AAat53.jpg

Another enjoyable listen, thanks lads. I agree re de Zerbi, he was high on my list but we don’t need another clown shoe! And just to say that though Stellini won’t be around for much longer I’m actually proud of the way he’s represented us off the pitch (the less said about the football the better).

Another enjoyable listen, thanks lads. I agree re de Zerbi, he was high on my list but we don’t need another clown shoe! And just to say that though Stellini won’t be around for much longer I’m actually proud of the way he’s represented us off the pitch (the less said about the football the better).

Cheers

Davostated
Season 3 Episode 43

Steff, Milo, and Ram play it as fast and loose as a ‘last 20 mins 5 forwards on the pitch’ Tottenham Hotspur v Bournemouth at the new Lane, complete with bizarre, exciting tangents, and definitive context and answers! We also make very, very, clear why the bullying and booing of Davinson Sanchez was not just a disgrace, but does deep damage to the club’s future managerial prospects. Serious therapy with some fun in there. We’d have it no other way?…

Ft5-K3xc-Xs-AEw35d.jpg

Davostated
Season 3 Episode 43

Steff, Milo, and Ram play it as fast and loose as a ‘last 20 mins 5 forwards on the pitch’ Tottenham Hotspur v Bournemouth at the new Lane, complete with bizarre, exciting tangents, and definitive context and answers! We also make very, very, clear why the bullying and booing of Davinson Sanchez was not just a disgrace, but does deep damage to the club’s future managerial prospects. Serious therapy with some fun in there. We’d have it no other way?…

Ft5-K3xc-Xs-AEw35d.jpg
Porro wasn’t happy too, to the extent he deleted his social media. It’s, imho, getting a bit out of hand, players feel the toxicity which overwhelms any of the constructive support fans give - is that healthy for any player’s mentality? I do wonder how the rest of the games will go, we aren’t building the momentum we had end of last season, the toons game will be vital! Liverpool will be another 6 pointer.

I enjoyed the pod, as always, keep it up lads!

Porro wasn’t happy too, to the extent he deleted his social media. It’s, imho, getting a bit out of hand, players feel the toxicity which overwhelms any of the constructive support fans give - is that healthy for any player’s mentality? I do wonder how the rest of the games will go, we aren’t building the momentum we had end of last season, the toons game will be vital! Liverpool will be another 6 pointer.

Thanks mate

Porro reactivated his accounts later in the week, thankfully. I agree completely about the atmosphere and where it could be heading

Well, another dour display, dressing room bust ups, a soft back line, why was Sarr lwb?? Befuddles the mind. Poor Sarr, i bet his agent would tell him to leave, or hed be asking for it. Conte proven right, again, Mourinho too...

where in the past we had poch blast players for the end if season drubbing, my mind tiredly wonders who would want the job that can make us believe again...

This time Davo came in to balance the backline

I said in the game thread who'll stay, but someone rightly said we'll be bloated with players comfortable playing crap and getting paid. Shoot levy and the board, seriously, robbing the fans to give to the rich ‍♂️

How Do We Fix This Mess?
Season 3 Episode 44

Steff, Milo, and Ricky try to make sense of the enormous debacle that was St. James Park. It’s painful, it’s raw, it’s honest, we laugh, we get upset, we seek light at the end of our dark tunnel, we offer each other (and you) yet further therapy in this collapsing brick-show of a season…

Fud-QO-UXo-AAR-dt.jpg

Listening to the pod now
@thfcsteff i don’t think for one second the players didn’t give a fudge. They did and they do
They are just broken though
Always feels to be that you get done coaches who make the game complicated… conte is one
Some who keep it simple..,, Redknapp
The latter focus on motivation
The former focus on their systems
We as a club have not excelled with those kinda coaches IMO
That could be a mentality thing TBH
It’s just I’d got for slot over Nagelsmann but Daniel will prefer the name of Julian

Last edited:
Listening to the pod now
@thfcsteff i don’t think for one second the players didn’t give a fudge. They did and they do
Always feels to be that you get done coaches who make the game complicated… conte is one
It’s just I’d got for slot over Nagelsmann but Daniel will prefer the name of Julian

I agree, it's always just to easy/lazy to say "oh, the millionaires don't care"

- The formation yesterday put Porro and Perisic in roles they can't do, I can't legitimately say they weren't trying. Sanchez came on and was trying his absolute hardest, even carrying the ball forward multiple times.
- These guys have been over drilled by Jose/Conte, they have lost the ability to think for themselves, react on the pitch
- No matter what they do, they get booed, jeered, have old manager names sung, fans aren't helping.

- The formation yesterday put Porro and Perisic in roles they can't do, I can't legitimately say they weren't trying. Sanchez came on and was trying his absolute hardest, even carrying the ball forward multiple times.
- These guys have been over drilled by Jose/Conte, they have lost the ability to think for themselves, react on the pitch
- No matter what they do, they get booed, jeered, have old manager names sung, fans aren't helping.

I largely agree with this and I think that for most of these players, it has gone too far for it to be put right at Spurs. I am sure that most of them will go on to do well elsewhere but we almost have an institutional problem in the team now and the solution to that is to rip up the institution and start again.

I largely agree with this and I think that for most of these players, it has gone too far for it to be put right at Spurs. I am sure that most of them will go on to do well elsewhere but we almost have an institutional problem in the team now and the solution to that is to rip up the institution and start again.

But how would you realistically do that?

For me this summer

Out -> Sanchez, Rodon, Lo Celso, Ndombele, Reguilon, Sess, Tanganga, Lucas, Winks, Perisic. That's 10 out, 11 if you include Dier
Re-evaluate -> Spence, Gil, Udogie
Release/renew -> Danjuma, Lenglet
In -> GK, CB (x2), CM (creative, tempo managing), probably a FB/WB

Add in a change of manager, most likely a change of formation, it's hard to see the club absorb that much change if we intend to touch anyone else (Kane, Son, Davies)

So if you agreed

GK - New GK, Forster, Academy option
CB's - Romero, Lenglet, Davies +New CB (x2 or x3)
WB/FB - Royal, Davies (3 or 4), Porro, Spence, Udogie +New FB/WB (left side)
CM - Bentancur, PEH, Skipp, Sarr, Bissouma, Gil
AM/ST - Kane, Son, Richi, Deki, Danjuma

In that model, you bring in 6 or 7 with 11 moving out and you end up with only 3 players who were here 4 years ago.

But how would you realistically do that?

For me this summer

Out -> Sanchez, Rodon, Lo Celso, Ndombele, Reguilon, Sess, Tanganga, Lucas, Winks, Perisic. That's 10 out, 11 if you include Dier
Re-evaluate -> Spence, Gil, Udogie
Release/renew -> Danjuma, Lenglet
In -> GK, CB (x2), CM (creative, tempo managing), probably a FB/WB

Add in a change of manager, most likely a change of formation, it's hard to see the club absorb that much change if we intend to touch anyone else (Kane, Son, Davies)

So if you agreed

GK - New GK, Forster, Academy option
CB's - Romero, Lenglet, Davies +New CB (x2 or x3)
WB/FB - Royal, Davies (3 or 4), Porro, Spence, Udogie +New FB/WB (left side)
CM - Bentancur, PEH, Skipp, Sarr, Bissouma, Gil
AM/ST - Kane, Son, Richi, Deki, Danjuma

In that model, you bring in 6 or 7 with 11 moving out and you end up with only 3 players who were here 4 years ago.

I largely agree, although I would be willing to listen to offers for a wider range of players. There is only so much change we can do in one window but with all clubs outside of the PL broke, I don't think that we can afford to be too choosy about who we are willing to let leave.

Listening to the pod now

Great post and appreciate the comment mate. I know you're right (in my heart) but I was just utterly bewildered yesterday. Again thanks for the post.

Again I largely agree. As you know I am very defensive of the players in the current context. But I have to say, the way the seniors just fell apart was alarming. Never seen that.

I think it is also further fallout from having a manager whose tactics were relentlessly rigid. It is as though these players are too trained into that system.

Back