• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Future Squad

Unless someone really shines or steps up in the remainder of the season I think Ange would be looking for a more nailed on starter type for the left side.

Someone like Doku or Mahrez type, not 100% star status but look like it's almost as good as guaranteed they will be.

And I'm talking about buying at the point before they had their moves to City.

Unless someone really shines or steps up in the remainder of the season I think Ange would be looking for a more nailed on starter type for the left side.

Someone like Doku or Mahrez type, not 100% star status but look like it's almost as good as guaranteed they will be.

Mahrez was amazing, Doku has fallen off hard in last few games (so not sure), he was absolute trash against us.

I think Werner will own the left at this point but he doesn't help the main issue we have with our wide players (Werner, Johnson, Solomon, Deki), i.e. not enough goals.

I think most people on this thread get to the same place, a wide forward that scores would be a good addition to the squad.

Mahrez was amazing, Doku has fallen off hard in last few games (so not sure), he was absolute trash against us.

I think Werner will own the left at this point but he doesn't help the main issue we have with our wide players (Werner, Johnson, Solomon, Deki), i.e. not enough goals.

I think most people on this thread get to the same place, a wide forward that scores would be a good addition to the squad.
Genuine question and comment now
What wide fares are scoring frequently currently?
Salah isn’t a wide forward in reality
Who else is there?
Mahtrz was always good for 15 goals wide
As was mane

Richie seemed to has stepped up. So it might be son on the left?

Richie seemed to has stepped up. So it might be son on the left?

Maybe?

Think we get more rotation options, perhaps the starting first choice is Son, Richi, Johnson right now, I'm very interested in seeing Werner, Son, Johnson chasing a game (just the pace), perhaps you start Son, Richi, Deki and bring on Werner & Johnson later in game, swap Son to middle.

Again re total squad, if Richi keeps going and Son and Maddison keep bringing the goals it take some of the pressure off, but a third regular goal scorer is still an ask.

Maybe?

Think we get more rotation options, perhaps the starting first choice is Son, Richi, Johnson right now, I'm very interested in seeing Werner, Son, Johnson chasing a game (just the pace), perhaps you start Son, Richi, Deki and bring on Werner & Johnson later in game, swap Son to middle.

Again re total squad, if Richi keeps going and Son and Maddison keep bringing the goals it take some of the pressure off, but a third regular goal scorer is still an ask.

Hopefully they all step up and ange gets a headache.

I understand your point and its a good one, however how do we know he will not become the type of winger you/we would like to see here?

Now i am not saying he will be able to do that but 5 games ( which he has played i believe) is a short time to say yes or no he can/can not.
I kinda think he is that winger in terms of style. I'm less convinced that he is that winger at the level of quality we need in our starting 11 to push on to the next level.

I can't know if he will become that player. Based on what (little) I've seen of him for Fulham and what I've seen of him for us (not so much that either as your say) he's not that player yet at least. He has moments, short periods even, where he looks like that player. There is probably potential there to be that player more of the time.

If Ange thinks he's likely to step up to that level I'd be really happy with that. If Ange doesn't I think that's a priority position/role for us in the transfer market.

I get that he's probably more likely to get to that level by getting sustained games over time. I think he could get quite a bit of game time even if we sign someone else if he starts stepping up with more consistency.

So in short. How likely is it that he becomes that winger we want? Rather than will he or won't he. And how likely does Ange think that is? If the likelihood is lower than 32.8% sign someone else.

Even with limited games I expect Ange to have a reasonably accurate-ish estimate of that.

Wide dribbly forward with end product (including some goals) that can thrive in different situations for me.

Genuine question and comment now
What wide fares are scoring frequently currently?
Salah isn’t a wide forward in reality
Who else is there?
Mahtrz was always good for 15 goals wide
As was mane
A goal scorer or creator is needed and in an ideal world someone who hits both marks. I'd even lean ever so slightly towards the creator biased type. You need a mix of skills and attributes and let's imagine if Richie keeps the starting striker role and Son takes the left then we need more of a creator on the right to balance their games. Neither's strength is creating.

A goal scorer or creator is needed and in an ideal world someone who hits both marks. I'd even lean ever so slightly towards the creator biased type. You need a mix of skills and attributes and let's imagine if Richie keeps the starting striker role and Son takes the left then we need more of a creator on the right to balance their games. Neither's strength is creating.
Such as?
Kulu is creative. I think his illness and fitness is an issue currently

Such as?
Kulu is creative. I think his illness and fitness is an issue currently
Well my man Nico Williams. 😅 He's more a creator than a goal scorer himself with double the assists to goals this season. I can't quite remember the number but he's in the top 5% for chances created this season.

Kulu is actually the type of forward creator I'm thinking of at his best. I'm not sure if it's just a form and fitness thing that has seen the drop off from him numerically. Sadly he's been at this level now for much longer than he was absolutely firing.

In an ideal world you get a player who excels at both. The Salah/Mane mould but they are few and far between.

Well my man Nico Williams. 😅 He's more a creator than a goal scorer himself with double the assists to goals this season. I can't quite remember the number but he's in the top 5% for chances created this season.

Kulu is actually the type of forward creator I'm thinking of at his best. I'm not sure if it's just a form and fitness thing that has seen the drop off from him numerically. Sadly he's been at this level now for much longer than he was absolutely firing.

In an ideal world you get a player who excels at both. The Salah/Mane mould but they are few and far between.
I’d take Williams
I don’t think the fee is bad either
He has that scope as we discussed before to get better and bettee
We can maybe throw them gil in the mix to sweeten the deal
We need 6 players for those roles and I can’t see son, Richy, kulu or Johnson going
I’d like us to keep Werner as the few just makes it’s sensible
I was never sure about Solomon and I think he will never get the role here he needs myself but who knwos
So I think there is at least one avaiable
We will also have Veliz back
And some of the younger forwards will imo push on

Kvaratskhelia
He's only 22, Napoli are struggling a bit, and he'd be open to a move I expect.

Kvaratskhelia
He's only 22, Napoli are struggling a bit, and he'd be open to a move I expect.
He would be an amazing signing but I'd fear that if he were available we wouldn't be able to get him.

Wirtz has already been mentioned and I was thinking about the names that we've been linked with. Rafinha would also fit the mould of biasing towards a creator more so that a goal scorer, but someone who can score as well.

Bayaoko would be a fabulous option but again not sure if we have the pull or the finances to get him. There a couple of prospects in the PL I like but for the life of me their names escape me right now. Also Mbeumo.

He would be an amazing signing but I'd fear that if he were available we wouldn't be able to get him.

Wirtz has already been mentioned and I was thinking about the names that we've been linked with. Rafinha would also fit the mould of biasing towards a creator more so that a goal scorer, but someone who can score as well.

Bayaoko would be a fabulous option but again not sure if we have the pull or the finances to get him. There a couple of prospects in the PL I like but for the life of me their names escape me right now. Also Mbeumo.
Who would be seriously competing with us if we made a summer move for him, I wonder? Not Real or Barca. PSG seem to be after Leao.
Don't know if any PL teams would see him as a priority?

Who would be seriously competing with us if we made a summer move for him, I wonder? Not Real or Barca. PSG seem to be after Leao.
Don't know if any PL teams would see him as a priority?
None of the Spanish sides have money or need him in the case of Madrid
No one in Italy will have cash
So it leaves a few prem sides
And we wanted him before he went to Napoli

None of the Spanish sides have money or need him in the case of Madrid
No one in Italy will have cash
So it leaves a few prem sides
And we wanted him before he went to Napoli
United - surely they've got more pressing concerns, and have Rashford.
Liverpool - A possibility but depends on who the new manager is.
City - Doku's only just arrived and Grealish is on the left too.
Arsenal - Again, they have more to worry about and Martinelli seems to be a golden boy there.
Chelsea and Saudi Sportswashing Machine - it'd be a joke if they're allowed to drop huge sums on him.

As far as price and dealing with Napoli goes, we'd surely have to make him our record signing. But we might be in a position now where we only need to get two or three players to upgrade the team. He's a hell of an upgrade

Back