• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Future Squad

Meta banned his account, but did come out and say it was a mistake. It was reactivated a day or 2 later

Solomon's post:
In the aftermath of the Hamas attack on Israel, Solomon posted an emotional message on Instagram that read: “In the past two days my country, my family, my friends and my beloved people have been going through hell.

“Over 800 Israelis have been murdered – the most murdered in one day since the Holocaust! Over 150 people have been kidnapped – including women, children, babies and elderly people. Thousands of missiles and rockets have been fired towards innocent civilians!

“Hamas is not doing [and has never done] anything in favour of the Palestine people. Hamas is a terror organisation with one mission only – to wipe the Jews off the planet.

“Supporting them means supporting terror, just like supporting Al-Qaeda, Isis and the attacks on 9.11. Israel has the right to defend itself! Pray for Israel.”

Meta banned his account, but did come out and say it was a mistake. It was reactivated a day or 2 later

Solomon's post:
In the aftermath of the Hamas attack on Israel, Solomon posted an emotional message on Instagram that read: “In the past two days my country, my family, my friends and my beloved people have been going through hell.

“Over 800 Israelis have been murdered – the most murdered in one day since the Holocaust! Over 150 people have been kidnapped – including women, children, babies and elderly people. Thousands of missiles and rockets have been fired towards innocent civilians!

“Hamas is not doing [and has never done] anything in favour of the Palestine people. Hamas is a terror organisation with one mission only – to wipe the Jews off the planet.

“Supporting them means supporting terror, just like supporting Al-Qaeda, Isis and the attacks on 9.11. Israel has the right to defend itself! Pray for Israel.”
This was one post, but this is ignoring his posts pushing IDF propaganda

This was one post, but this is ignoring his posts pushing IDF propaganda

Not being a dingdong here, but I remember there was a lot of fuss about who was responsible for that attack.

Did anyone claim responsibility, or did it just go quiet?

If noone was claimed responsibility, or not enough evidence to point to who ever did it, is it all propaganda, or just from one side?

Not being a dingdong here, but I remember there was a lot of fuss about who was responsible for that attack.

Did anyone claim responsibility, or did it just go quiet?

If noone was claimed responsibility, or not enough evidence to point to who ever did it, is it all propaganda, or just from one side?

My issue is that he clearly supports the IDF unreservedly. This is a group who have, for a fact, killed thousands of innocent people living in abject poverty... I don't think this is up for dispute.

Saying he supports bombing innocent people was possibly inflammatory and a step too far, but his stringent support for an oppressive regime should be troubling. Lucas Moura received massive stick for less, in my opinion.

I thought that WAS a Hamas rocket? I can't remember
I don't think it was ever proven conclusively was it? Either way my point is more about his dogmatic support for the IDF. That's how I should have worded my initial statement.

keep reading in a couple of threads that Soloman may need replacing/upgrading?. Jesus the guy has only made a handfull of games and should we not give him more time to show what he can do????
We should give him time to show what he can do for sure.

We should also try to be realistic about the player he is and the player he's likely to become.

We also should try to make the most of our transfer funds to improve the team as much as possible.

To some extent these things can be done at the same time. To some extent priorities between these different important things will have to be made.

A top level, or potentially top level, wide attacking dribbly winger type would imo be one of the best ways of improving the team come the summer.

Forbes saying we have €70m on the table for raphina. Never known them to report on transfer rumours.

Imagine being a journalist and reporting Spurs bidding for £70M for a struggling 28 year old .. jesus ..

Saw a report that put Neto in fastest 3 players in the league, that would be interesting (vs Raphinha)

Yeah, as much as I like both Neto and Olise as players I would be somewhat concerned about signing players with significant injury records. May not be an issue long term, but a risk there.

If we're looking at spending big money on a quality player we really do need someone that can be relied on fairly consistently. And be asked to put in the hard work needed in this system.

Yeah, as much as I like both Neto and Olise as players I would be somewhat concerned about signing players with significant injury records. May not be an issue long term, but a risk there.

If we're looking at spending big money on a quality player we really do need someone that can be relied on fairly consistently. And be asked to put in the hard work needed in this system.
We already have Maddison who has a bad injury record and Richy has historically never done a full season

We should give him time to show what he can do for sure.

We should also try to be realistic about the player he is and the player he's likely to become.

We also should try to make the most of our transfer funds to improve the team as much as possible.

To some extent these things can be done at the same time. To some extent priorities between these different important things will have to be made.

A top level, or potentially top level, wide attacking dribbly winger type would imo be one of the best ways of improving the team come the summer.

I understand your point and its a good one, however how do we know he will not become the type of winger you/we would like to see here?

Now i am not saying he will be able to do that but 5 games ( which he has played i believe) is a short time to say yes or no he can/can not.

I understand your point and its a good one, however how do we know he will not become the type of winger you/we would like to see here?

Now i am not saying he will be able to do that but 5 games ( which he has played i believe) is a short time to say yes or no he can/can not.
I think there's a bit of misunderstanding as to what myself and others with my mindset are saying. It's not that Soloman, Kulu, Johnson etc are trash and should be jettisoned but that what we have gotten from them so far (or recently in Kulu's case) hasn't quite been what is needed. So adding additional quality is necessary, besides even at their best none of them are the direct dribbly 1v1 wide creator/finisher that we need.

I don't quite get your reticence to adding quality. Why would adding another quality option in the attack be a bad thing? Why don't you want to improve the options we have? Supporting the current players doesn't mean we can't add to them. That is what Dragusin is, additional quality on top of Romero and VDV. So why don't you want the same for the attack?

Hell, even if they were scoring 3 goals a game each we should still always want to be wanting to add quality to the squad. That's how you build a title winning squad, you don't rest on your laurels, you don't stand still, you constantly add.

I think there's a bit of misunderstanding as to what myself and others with my mindset are saying. It's not that Soloman, Kulu, Johnson etc are trash and should be jettisoned but that what we have gotten from them so far (or recently in Kulu's case) hasn't quite been what is needed. So adding additional quality is necessary, besides even at their best none of them are the direct dribbly 1v1 wide creator/finisher that we need.

I don't quite get your reticence to adding quality. Why would adding another quality option in the attack be a bad thing? Why don't you want to improve the options we have? Supporting the current players doesn't mean we can't add to them. That is what Dragusin is, additional quality on top of Romero and VDV. So why don't you want the same for the attack?

Hell, even if they were scoring 3 goals a game each we should still always want to be wanting to add quality to the squad. That's how you build a title winning squad, you don't rest on your laurels, you don't stand still, you constantly add.

Quite a lot in there so i will answer in three like you.

1, I have no problem with adding extra quality to the squad, my point about Soloman is that he has played FIVE games so far and how anyone can say, suggest, think he is not up to the job is beyond me.

2, There is no reticence in my opinion to adding more quality IF it is there and availiable but i would like to see the players we have brought ( especially during Jan) given the chance to see if they are up to the job or not before suggesting like some have they are not good enough.

3, Again i have not objections to bringing in more quality ( if its needed) but if we keep buying players ( just because some fans scream for it) we will be causing a problem with a overloaded squad. I would suggest that we give the players allready signed a proper chance to see if they can be important for us going forward, not a handfull of games before fans are suggesting they are not good enough and we need to buy,buy,buy. ( not saying you are one of those fans just to be clear)

Back