• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Future Squad

Keep
Kulu
Bentancur
Romero
Son
Skipp
Spence
Royal
Sarr
Bissouma
Richarlison

The rest can go, some reluctantly, kane, dier, davies.

Problem with threads like this is that we all know the clear out and rebuild needed, but as soon as it starts and points or performances aren't what we want, expect or need there's a clamour to throw it all in the bin and atart again.

I'd sell: Rodon, Winks, Lo Celso, Ndombele, Doherty, Moura, Perisic and Lenglet (end of loan)

I think everyone else (including Reguilon) is worth re-assessing in the summer, depending what happens with the coach position.

You will not get any money for Persic, considering his age and the fact that he only signed a 2 year contract.

Personally I would dump the back 3 formation and keep Persic in the attacking rotation.

I’d get rid of

Lloris
Doherty
Royale
Dier
Lenglet
Davies
Sess
Perisic
Hojberg
Son
Kane
Moura
Sanchez
Gil (loan)

My team for next season would be

New Keeper

Spence Romero New CB Udogie

Bissouma Bentancur Skipp

Kulu Richarlison New left winger

I’d start again, build a young team and revamp the whole youth system so we bring in the very best youngsters and look at getting a head of the rest of them in terms of challenging in the future rather than trying and failing now.

Keep :

Forster
Spence
Perisic, Udogie
Romero, Davies, Dier
Bentancur, Bissouma, Sarr, Skipp
Son, Kulusevski, Richarlson, Gil
Kane

Sell :
Deep breath

Lloris
Doherty, Royal
Sessegnon, Reguilon
Sanchez, Tanganga
Hojbjerg, Lo Celso, Ndombele
Moura

That leaves a first team and backup looking like this :

???, Forster
???, Spence
Perisic, Udogie
Romero, ???
???
, Dier
???, Davies
Bentancur, Sarr
???, Bissouma, Skipp
Kulusevski, ???, Gil
Richarlson, Son
Kane, ???

8 new signings required to get us to a 24 man squad - can probably add a 5th wingback to get us to 25 but of the 9, 2 would need to be HG status to achieve the maximum squad limit (i believe)

New starting : Keeper, RWB, CCB, LCB, CM
New backup : RCB, RWF & CF and then potentially a RWB/LWB utility.

Ins:
Keeper
RWB
CB (possibly two)
RWF & LWF

Outs:
Lloris
Either Royal or Doherty
Sanchez (and End Lenglet loan)
Son and Moura
And the players on loan

If we shift that lot it and get decent replacements it would be a good start. We're not going to get rid of 12-14 players like some have suggested, at least not by the end of the summer.

You will not get any money for Persic, considering his age and the fact that he only signed a 2 year contract.

Personally I would dump the back 3 formation and keep Persic in the attacking rotation.

Sounds good. We'll be short of AMs when we revert to 4-2-3-1

A player who had a bit of a dip, got wrongly written off, then went on to have 8 more brilliant seasons.
A player over 45 years ago. He didn't have much of a dip, Burkinshaw just thought he was getting too old. It was one of the few things Burkinshaw was totally wrong about.

Keep :

Forster
Spence
Perisic, Udogie
Romero, Davies, Dier
Bentancur, Bissouma, Sarr, Skipp
Son, Kulusevski, Richarlson, Gil
Kane

Sell :
Deep breath

Lloris
Doherty, Royal
Sessegnon, Reguilon
Sanchez, Tanganga
Hojbjerg, Lo Celso, Ndombele
Moura

That leaves a first team and backup looking like this :

???, Forster
???, Spence
Perisic, Udogie
Romero, ???
???
, Dier
???, Davies
Bentancur, Sarr
???, Bissouma, Skipp
Kulusevski, ???, Gil
Richarlson, Son
Kane, ???

8 new signings required to get us to a 24 man squad - can probably add a 5th wingback to get us to 25 but of the 9, 2 would need to be HG status to achieve the maximum squad limit (i believe)

New starting : Keeper, RWB, CCB, LCB, CM
New backup : RCB, RWF & CF and then potentially a RWB/LWB utility.
I don't think two for every position works, as we've seen when we field a load of squad players who aren't match fit or used to playing together. I'd like to see a core of say 16 quality players who can play multiple roles, and then see a system of rotation of say, first 30 games x 10 = 300 starts, divided by 15 = 20 starts plus sub appearances each (probably more with injuries), keep changing 1 or 2 players a week, then you need to impress if you're in the favoured 11 for the run in. Incentive for more than 11 top players to be at the club, and keeps a small squad match fit.

Last edited:
I don't think two for every position works, as we've seen when we feild a load of squad players who aren't match fit or used to playing together. I'd like to see a core of say 16 quality players who can play multiple roles, and then see a system of rotation of say, first 30 games x 10 = 300 starts, divided by 15 = 20 starts plus sub appearances each (probably more with injuries), keep changing 1 or 2 players a week, then you need to impress if you're in the favoured 11 for the run in. Incentive for more than 11 top players to be at the club, and keeps a small squad match fit.

I'd say within the 14 non first XI players of the squad i have posted there would be a group of players who are interchangeable somewhat with the first XI and others who would mostly be back up.

You probably need a LWB, RWB, 1 x CB, 1 x CM, 1 x LWF, 1 x RWF to have as part of the core group, based on the setup we currently have - that get's you to a 17 man core, which is about right, then players on top for depth/meeting HG quota etc

What I'd like is no doubt miles away from what will happen, but I'll have a go:

First 11 certs;
Romero
Bentancur
Kulu
Kane. If he stays.

First 11 hopefuls;
Udogie
Bissouma
Richarlison
Son. If the good one returns.

Squad;
Forster
Davies or Lenglet, sell one.
Doherty or Royale, sell one.
Spence
Perisic
Hojberg
Sarr
Skipp

Sell;
Hugo. His time is up
Dier. Bang average with added brain farts.
Sanchez. Never been good enough.
Tanganga. Championship level.
Sessegnon. Championship level.
Moura. Thanks for the memories.
Gil. Not enough pace or strength for the EPL.
And of course, the loanees ...Winks, GLC, Tanguy.

So that's 12 to sell. Not gonna happen.
And 4 or 5 first team ready signings. Not gonna happen either....
Well that was a waste of 10 minutes.

Keep
Kulu
Bentancur
Romero
Son
Skipp
Spence
Royal
Sarr
Bissouma
Richarlison

Problem with threads like this is that we all know the clear out and rebuild needed, but as soon as it starts and points or performances aren't what we want, expect or need there's a clamour to throw it all in the bin and atart again.

I don't know how to use the like button.

Skipp is still only the same age as Spence and has shown he can hold his own in a two man CM against any opponent. I think he's the best DM we've got (not seen the best of Bissouma yet), and I think his passing is as good as any of our CMs bar Bentancur (and maybe Sarr). Hojbjerg is just an all effort, minimal quality player who tends to reduce the effectiveness of all those around him.
Hojbjerg is better than Skipp at the moment. Skipp wouldn’t get into the Danish national team.

I’d keep Son. He’s not being played in the way that best suits his game and he’s playing in a team that makes a habit of going behind, thus limiting his opportunities to run in behind.

It doesn’t look good (I think he’s lost pace and that’s everything for him) but I think we should keep and see if we can get him back near form. This should start by introducing him from the bench for a while.

The biggest problem is manager, if we back Conte now, and he goes in the summer, whoever takes over, might not want his players.

Also our transfer is poor, we bud lower and struggle to get players in, but want to sell to high, so no one buys, if we have to get rid before buying, we can’t overhaul, quick enough.

Keep
Kulu
Bentancur
Romero
Son
Skipp
Spence
Royal
Sarr
Bissouma
Richarlison

In the championship being the key words in that sentence

Prior to his injury last season he was playing well, so how many matches has he started this season that makes you want to write him off already, I am curious?

Back