• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The first time above Chelsea since 1996 celebration thread!

Not if he is any good no. If it ain't broke, you don't try and fix it. Chelsea have a very strong team. You make change organically, not try and ram it down everyone's throat.

so what happens, say for example, a new manager comes in and straight away the senior players/big ego's take an immediate disliking to him (for whatever reason) and generally make life difficult for him - how does he work around it ?

so what happens, say for example, a new manager comes in and straight away the senior players/big ego's take an immediate disliking to him (for whatever reason) and generally make life difficult for him - how does he work around it ?

With delicacy and skill to turn their perception around.

and kicking out the unprofessional c*nts, who think they alone can run the team from the dressing room benches.

No matter their stature.

and kicking out the unprofessional c*nts, who think they alone can run the team from the dressing room benches.

No matter their stature.

he was always on to a loser at Chelsea with the ego's they have there - Terry and Lampard are best buddies with the owner - upset them and you don't have a chance

Being better then them over the course of a season is the same as being better then them in one game?

Not exactly the same thing..

I don't really look at Chelsea in that way. We are better than them since the day Abramovich bought them, whether we are above them or not.

He wins them over, gets invited over to their houses for dinner and then when they least expect it...

Bam! Fork in the eye.

The problem with Cheat$ki doesn't start with Terry/Lampard/etc. it starts with the owner.

ALL the players will view any manager as a short term role, so if I don't like/agree with his view, or just woke up in a brick mood today, I just have to wait a few months and he'll be gone anyway. While I suffer earning these terrible wages ...

RDM just came in, played to their basic strengths and didn't rock the boat.

I am a bit older maybe than some here, not knocking you younger blokes, but I can remember going to fudgen Chelsea away, and it was always up there among the most hateful places to watch football. Even Leeds away was not as bad, and they had (maybe still have, dunno) a huge NF contingent. Chelsea away used to be go and stand on that horrible rainswept end terrace and listen to all their mob (not just a few) singing "Spurs are on their way to Auschwitz". And then get kept back and finally when you got let out, have all manner of brick chucked at you by lobotomised Frankensteins still singing "Spurs are on their way to Auschwitz" while the old bill laughed. Yes, laughed. So I have a special place in my heart for Chelsea and their fans. As we all do.

Arsenal? I don't mind them as much. I "hate" them like every Lillywhite, but it's in inverted commas. They're pantomime villains for me. I boo them and hope they lose, but in my heart I don't mind them. The worst I ever heard at Highbury was "Yiddoes, Yiddoes". Yeah, so what. I've worked with Goons, some of the best blokes I've ever worked with, and that's a fact. We gypped each other, but there was no malice. No need for it.

When I used to go to Arsenal away, I used to look around, and you'd see a right multicultural lot there. Black, Asian, Greek, all that. London as it is. At Chelsea, it was a pure white crowd.

Let me tell you what is wrong with Chelsea. It is that they have never, ever, ever, tried to turn themselves into a decent club. They are the ultimate white redneck arseholes that have come into a lot of cash.

****s.

Oh, and John Terry is their leader. Need I say more?

Last edited:
I am a bit older maybe than some here, not knocking you younger blokes, but I can remember going to fudgen Chelsea away, and it was always up there among the most hateful places to watch football. Even Leeds away was not as bad, and they had (maybe still have, dunno) a huge NF contingent. Chelsea away used to be go and stand on that horrible rainswept end terrace and listen to all their mob (not just a few) singing "Spurs are on their way to Auschwitz". And then get kept back and finally when you got let out, have all manner of brick chucked at you by lobotomised Frankensteins still singing "Spurs are on their way to Auschwitz" while the old bill laughed. Yes, laughed. So I have a special place in my heart for Chelsea and their fans. As we all do.

Arsenal? I don't mind them as much. I "hate" them like every Lillywhite, but it's in inverted commas. They're pantomime villains for me. I boo them and hope they lose, but in my heart I don't mind them. The worst I ever heard at Highbury was "Yiddoes, Yiddoes". Yeah, so what. I've worked with Goons, some of the best blokes I've ever worked with, and that's a fact. We gypped each other, but there was no malice. No need for it.

When I used to go to Arsenal away, I used to look around, and you'd see a right multicultural lot there. Black, Asian, Greek, all that. London as it is. At Chelsea, it was a pure white crowd.

Let me tell you what is wrong with Chelsea. It is that they have never, ever, ever, tried to turn themselves into a decent club. They are the ultimate white redneck arseholes that have come into a lot of cash.

****s.

I went to the FA Cup Quarter Final at Stamford Bridge in the early 1980's, with a Chelsea supporting mate. We ended up in the Shed end. Put me off away matches for a while, even though we won 3-2.\o/

Isn't this thread a tad premature? Sure we finish above them but they could well have the last laugh at our expense.

I went to the FA Cup Quarter Final at Stamford Bridge in the early 1980's, with a Chelsea supporting mate. We ended up in the Shed end. Put me off away matches for a while, even though we won 3-2.\o/

Mate, those days were beyond horrible. The hostility, not based on football, but on out and out redneck anti-semitism, was something to leave you speechless. Can you imagine a bloke that (in all innocence) took his 10-year-old kid to the game and then had to explain that brick to him?

No matter their stature.

Agreed to an extent. The bottom line is, AVB lacked charisma. He also wasn't helped by Mourinho stabbing him in the back. But ultimately all the flimflam of telling players they have to go and celebrate on the touch line with him, just smacked of a man completely out of his depth.

****s.

So true, they have always been gobby bricks.

Agreed to an extent. The bottom line is, AVB lacked charisma. He also wasn't helped by Mourinho stabbing him in the back. But ultimately all the flimflam of telling players they have to go and celebrate on the touch line with him, just smacked of a man completely out of his depth.

He was brought in because the owner wanted to play more attractive football. That's what he tried to do. You have macarons like Ashley Cole saying to him 'I'll never win anything with your tactics'...this man won a treble the first opportunity he was given ffs.

The players clearly didn't like being told to do something that they knew they weren't really capable of doing. John Terry didn't like to look like a fool, slipping over because he is out of his comfort zone playing a high line that he hasn't got the pace to carry off. Lampard didn't like being subbed and rotated - the guy was very obviously trying to show dissent to AVB when he was subbed off at Saudi Sportswashing Machine earlier in the season by glaring at him and shaking his head. They didn't even give AVB a chance.

John Terry tried the same sort of mutiny at the World Cup and got made to look like a total fool. Of course the manager shouldn't try and bow down to players that show him blatant disrespect. It's not about 'skillfully bringing them round' when they are openly showing him disrespect. You get these ****s out of your club, or tell them to like it or lump it. If any Spurs player did that to any manager of ours, even if they were struggling, I'd be furious, because part of the reason we would be struggling is because the players are not listening to their manager, and thinking they were better than him.

It's pretty obvious RDM is just giving the players what they wanted. And that's fine if they want another short term fix. They can kick up a fuss and kick out a world cup winner (was he out of his depth too?) because they didn't like what he was doing, and they can kick up a fuss and kick out who was considerd to be the brightest young coach in the game before they gave his reputation a battering, and they can keep on at the owner to bring someone in that 'understands' them a bit more. But soon the time will come where they've tried this trick one too many times, where they'll bring someone in to cater to the whims of Terry and Lampard, but it will be too late, and results won't turn, because Terry and Lampard will be completely past it by that point and it will be futile to try and cater to them. For the sake of the long term of that club, AVB was trying to implement a new philosophy and didn't just want to bow down to guys that didn't really like him. They've gone for another short term fix and that's great for them. They've rode their luck and may be rewarded with the Champions League. But as long as they keep trying to cater to the whims of John Terry they aren't ever going to move forward.

Last edited:
With delicacy and skill to turn their perception around.

doesnt really answer the question does it.

Danish's does as its an actual plan of action. i.e cut out the infection quickly.

delicately and skill doesnt really give any insight into how one would tackle this. I've been in that position before where there wwere kids that were literally taking the team in the direction THEY wanted it to go. Bloody nightmare even at that age group. can only imagine what it must be like for a manager against grown ass men hat are multi millionaires used to getting their own way

even GOOD and EXCELLENT managers can succumb to this kind of pressure

Back