• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Fight to Qualify for the European Conference League 2020/21

We just need Lo Celso back for late run in. If we have no further injuries then I see Spurs making a very good run. This season has seen a lot of matches for the boys.
Lo Celso, Alli, Lucas, Lamela, Bale. For various reasons they haven't been starting regularly at points this season. Realistic hope at least that they'll step up, or keep stepping up and at least give us credible options or at best make themselves automatic starters like Bale has now.

There will be further injuries, there will be a need for rotation if we keep progressing in the EL. How many and serious the injuries there are along with how players step up will be huge in determining how the season ends.

We just need Lo Celso back for late run in. If we have no further injuries then I see Spurs making a very good run. This season has seen a lot of matches for the boys.

Agreed. The biggest bonus will be the ability to rest Ndombele for games without a large drop off in performance as we saw with Winks coming in at the weekend. We have potentially 19 games over the next 11 weeks (and ignoring the March international break!) and TN cant play all of them

Agreed. The biggest bonus will be the ability to rest Ndombele for games without a large drop off in performance as we saw with Winks coming in at the weekend. We have potentially 19 games over the next 11 weeks (and ignoring the March international break!) and TN cant play all of them
Thought Winks did well barring 1 stupid free kick just before HT.

obviously he’s not Tanguy, but we dominated the game and he was part of that. I would have thought the weekend was a great example of there being rotation and no real drop off in performance!? We did just hammer a team who got a deserved draw against Utd in their previous game after all.

Liverpool seem to have the easiest run in, shock horror... so if they pick up some form from somewhere it could be a right tussle.

It's not a bad run it at all but always err on the side of caution with calling anything "easy" for us lolz - those two matches against Villa will be tough too I reckon.

Absolutely, 3 in bold will be direct top 4 competitors (6 pointer view)

-> Scum, Southampton, Villa, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, United (forgot them), Everton, Sheffield, Leeds, Wolves, Villa, Leicester

That said, if we won the next 4 in the league (pre United), we would be in an extremely strong position for the last 7 game run in.

Thought Winks did well barring 1 stupid free kick just before HT.

obviously he’s not Tanguy, but we dominated the game and he was part of that. I would have thought the weekend was a great example of there being rotation and no real drop off in performance!? We did just hammer a team who got a deserved draw against Utd in their previous game after all.

I actually dont mind Winks as much as some on here and would keep him for next year if he wants to stay. We need HG English players. GLC though is a level or two above him

We are still in the hunt for a top four place despite what s ome fans were saying a few weeks ago, really strange season ( of course there are reasons for this) every team apart from (City) are have poor runs, one game at a time lads one game at a time.

We are still in the hunt for a top four place despite what s ome fans were saying a few weeks ago, really strange season ( of course there are reasons for this) every team apart from (City) are have poor runs, one game at a time lads one game at a time.
TBF a few of us did say that whoever can put a run together would win the league and that is now more true than ever
If we can maintain a confidence level and build on it we can end the season on a high

It's a mad season, and hopefully we've now had our poor run. Gain a bit of momentum and top four is there for the taking. Not taking anything for granted obviously. I'm very much on the one game at a time train.

Our run in as as easy as you can hope for -> Scum, Everton & Leicester are the hardest games.
Am sure I read somewhere that we have more top 10 teams to play than anyone and that our remaining games are against the highest average league position of all the contenders?

Absolutely, 3 in bold will be direct top 4 competitors (6 pointer view)

-> Scum, Southampton, Villa, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, United (forgot them), Everton, Sheffield, Leeds, Wolves, Villa, Leicester

That said, if we won the next 4 in the league (pre United), we would be in an extremely strong position for the last 7 game run in.
It really is a tough call. Just the sheer fact that it's potentially 4/5 teams after 1 CL place makes it improbable. 2 of them Liverpool and Chelsea are old timers at this as well.

And teams with just the 1 game a week are at an advantage as well.

We could do with Leicester or Man U getting dragged back in.

If we can get 2 points per game over our last 11 games... that will give us 67 points... Which means Leicester and Man United only need 13/14 points from 10 games...so???

But we have given ourselves a shot. We genuinely look like we are building something and and are going in the right direction. Keeping key players fit will be important. If Son Kane Bale can play plenty of minutes together, I just can't see that not being successful in some form or other.

It's certainly a busy schedule though and maybe decisions will have to be made (or forced on us) regarding eggs in basket at various points.

It really is a tough call. Just the sheer fact that it's potentially 4/5 teams after 1 CL place makes it improbable. 2 of them Liverpool and Chelsea are old timers at this as well.

And teams with just the 1 game a week are at an advantage as well.

We could do with Leicester or Man U getting dragged back in.

If we can get 2 points per game over our last 11 games... that will give us 67 points... Which means Leicester and Man United only need 13/14 points from 10 games...so???

But we have given ourselves a shot. We genuinely look like we are building something and and are going in the right direction. Keeping key players fit will be important. If Son Kane Bale can play plenty of minutes together, I just can't see that not being successful in some form or other.

It's certainly a busy schedule though and maybe decisions will have to be made (or forced on us) regarding eggs in basket at various points.
If it looks increasingly unlikely that we’ll get 4th place then I’m sure Jose will start to rest players in the PL and put all his eggs in the Europa basket as he did when his Man Utd team won it. The danger though would be missing out on Europa League as well as qualification spots only go to 5th or 6th (depending on FA Cup winners). The new Europa Minnows Conference League has made it harder to get into the Europa from now on.

If it looks increasingly unlikely that we’ll get 4th place then I’m sure Jose will start to rest players in the PL and put all his eggs in the Europa basket as he did when his Man Utd team won it. The danger though would be missing out on Europa League as well as qualification spots only go to 5th or 6th (depending on FA Cup winners). The new Europa Minnows Conference League has made it harder to get into the Europa from now on.
I think we have 4 league games before a potential EL Quarter final...so as you say each time we'll make an assessment (obviously who we draw could be a big factor as well).

As a sidenote it is annoying that the LC winners don't get EL as it would be some consolation having that in the pocket. I also notice a potential 1st leg semi is only 4 days after the City final.

But hey...I'm getting far to ahead of myself:D

Back