• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The decisions have gone our way thread.

Against Chelsea? Definitely wasn't offside. What goal scoring part of his body was beyond the last defender?

Maybe his elbow but nothing else.

Just read the match reports from BBC, Sky Sports, ESPN and the Guardian. None of them mention Defoe being offside for the goal.

couldn't care less. Anyone that watched the ESPN coverage and the analysis after could see he was offside. They showed it around 5 times.

Against Chelsea? Definitely wasn't offside. What goal scoring part of his body was beyond the last defender?

Maybe his elbow but nothing else.

Having seen it again he was even with his shoulder being ever so slightly beyond the last defender. I didn't include it in the original post because it was a 50/50 call and having seen it again it was the right decision.

How can it be 50/50 if he was office and it was clearly visible? ok against Chelsea i agree but against Saudi Sportswashing Machine that's an offside for sure.

Easily. It was not clearly visible.

They are not always black and white.

That's after the ball has been played, not as. Or you would see the ball on his foot, which you don't. So it's about maybe half a second late, so no, it's not that clear cut.

That's after the ball has been played, not as. Or you would see the ball on his foot, which you don't. So it's about maybe half a second late, so no, it's not that clear cut.

Yea, you're right. This one's a bit more accurate but you can't really see Perch's legs. It's definitely marginal anyway, I thought it was a lot more obvious than it actually was.

I've been thinking the same as KD recently, but moreso in terms of general luck like scuffed shots going in and deflected goals aplenty. They look like they're straight out of a Frank Lampard DVD! But I guess they're more 'making your own luck' than lucky.

Exactly, marginal. I'd call it about 50/50. Without the angle directly in line with the last defender i couldn't call it either way.

We have had some luck this season, though not entirely due to refereeing decisions. Like the first goal against QPR.

Generally I agree, AVB has had decent luck...yesterday, had the ref/lino spotted Torres taking a swing at Sandro I think he'd have gone for sure (you can't swing punches at the oppo) but I have no problems at all with the ref yesterday. Dean is hard but fair. You know what you're going to get and he is amazingly consistent. Like him a lot. Gallas also nearly talked himself off the pitch the silly boy, and Dean did a fine job calming him down but letting him know he needed to shut up.

There was the moment where Cahill had his arm wrapped around someone from a corner (technically a pen) but again, if we were to get that pen then I'm sure we could've had one called against us...

So far this season it seems AVB has brought with him a bit of luck regarding Referee decisions. I've never known a period where we've benefited so much from referee call and if another team was benefiting like we have i'm pretty sure it would have been mentioned at least 30 times by now. Also if it was against us it would have been mentioned probably 100 times by now.

Decisions that have gone our way

vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine (Defoe goal was offiside).

vs Norwich they should have had a blatant penalty.

vs Reading they should have had a blatant penalty.

vs Man United they should have had a blatant penalty.

vs Chelski they should have had a penalty and Gallas goal was handball.

Decisions that have gone against us

Chelsea should have had a pen? Are you referring to when Cole's knee and Gallas's knee collided? That was a coming together and certainly not enough to make that diving taco Cole fall to the ground. There is no rule that says just because there is contact, it's a penalty. No it's were you fouled!

Gallas's goal was handball.

And KD, Defoe's goal against Saudi Sportswashing Machine was marginal to say the least. I think benefit of the doubt should be given to the attacker if its 50/50, just because a player's ear may be offside, it shouldn't be given IMO.

The Gallas goal was explained by Gallagher on 5 Live last night. he said it was clearly an accident and that the ball was already going in, thus it would've been deemed as such. again, if it had been called there would've been complaints. But again, the general tenor of King's comments are fair IMO, we have certainly had a little more luck than last season, though frankly, given the appalling luck we've had for too many years now, I'd say even a smidgen is due...

The Gallas goal was explained by Gallagher on 5 Live last night. he said it was clearly an accident and that the ball was already going in, thus it would've been deemed as such. again, if it had been called there would've been complaints. But again, the general tenor of King's comments are fair IMO, we have certainly had a little more luck than last season, though frankly, given the appalling luck we've had for too many years now, I'd say even a smidgen is due...

This...Mendes...Lasagna-gate....MUNICH-GATE:-"

Are people honestly caring if we get decisions going our way? I'm fudging over the moon

Are people honestly caring if we get decisions going our way? I'm fudging over the moon

Thank you!.. Its almost like the thread was created to have another argument with the same old posters.

If we are having good fortune it could go on for all season and not make up for the bad we have had previously, long may it continue.

Cant say other then united (Where i was sure they would be awarded a silly penalty and never were) i had noticed, i do remember having two good goals ruled out against Lazio

^ i think the thread was started so that next time we have something go against us we can look back and say "well we have had our fair share of luck also. . . . "

Back