• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The decisions have gone our way thread.

So far this season it seems AVB has brought with him a bit of luck regarding Referee decisions. I've never known a period where we've benefited so much from referee call and if another team was benefiting like we have i'm pretty sure it would have been mentioned at least 30 times by now. Also if it was against us it would have been mentioned probably 100 times by now.

Decisions that have gone our way

vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine (Defoe goal was offiside).

vs Norwich they should have had a blatant penalty.

vs Reading they should have had a blatant penalty.

vs Man United they should have had a blatant penalty.

vs Chelski they should have had a penalty and Gallas goal was handball.

Decisions that have gone against us

Last edited:
Thudd being sent off???

No mate that was a 50/50 call and at the time looked more like a red. If we're mentioning half calls i could easily bring up Gallas 'challenge' on the Reading player that could have been a pen and Defoe yesterday looked a few inches in front of the Chelski defender for his goal.

No mate that was a 50/50 call and at the time looked more like a red. If we're mentioning half calls i could easily bring up Gallas 'challenge' on the Reading player that could have been a pen and Defoe yesterday looked a few inches in front of the Chelski defender for his goal.

That was NEVER a red card, which is why we appealed and it was rescinded.

Defoe's goal against Saudi Sportswashing Machine wasn't offside either.

I can't remember exactly, but I am sure we should have been given a few penalties for handballs so far this season. I think Bale's shot alone has hit the hands of many players inside the penalty box a few times.

That was NEVER a red card, which is why we appealed and it was rescinded.

Defoe's goal against Saudi Sportswashing Machine wasn't offside either.

What are you talking about? ESPN showed the replay about 5 times where it clearly showed he was offside. Go back and see the post match analysis.

I can't remember exactly, but I am sure we should have been given a few penalties for handballs so far this season. I think Bale's shot alone has hit the hands of many players inside the penalty box a few times.

I don't remember anything like that this season.

As for Huddlestone at the time it looked like a red. You can even go back to the match thread to see our reactions and the majority didn't have any complaints so you can see why the ref gave it.

By the way, Torres was clearly in offside position for Chelsea's 3rd goal. He was not directly involved in the goal, but his presence means our defenders had to cover him. And so this goal should have been ruled offside.

I don't remember anything like that this season.

As for Huddlestone at the time it looked like a red. You can even go back to the match thread to see our reactions and the majority didn't have any complaints so you can see why the ref gave it.

Ofcourse it is easy to forget when you are winning and in good form. IIRC, Bale's shot hit the arms of a defender against Villa last week. I can remember a few other similiar incidents but can't remember against whom.

By the way, Torres was clearly in offside position for Chelsea's 3rd goal. He was not directly involved in the goal, but his presence means our defenders had to cover him. And so this goal should have been ruled offside.

You're rewriting the rulebook it seems. He wasn't directly involved in the goal so he can pretty much stand where he wants. If linesman were calling offsides strikers wondering in offside positions but not interfering with play there would be 5 times the amount of offside calls per game.

You're rewriting the rulebook it seems. He wasn't directly involved in the goal so he can pretty much stand where he wants. If linesman were calling offsides strikers wondering in offside positions but not interfering with play there would be 5 times the amount of offside calls per game.

Torres was interferring with play that time. If not for him, I think one of our defenders could have gone and tackled Mata.

No mate he wasn't. I literally just played the incident now and although he wondered in an offside position there is absolutely no way you can say he was interfering with (irrespective of whether or not his movement distracted the defenders concentration for a minute). Forwards do that all the time and as i said before, if this was getting called up on week after week we'd be stopping the game every 5 minutes.

Everyone in the ground knew Hudds red wasn't a red sand the ref agreed afterwards so that is surely better than people s comments after watching a dodgy stream

Can't remember the game at home this season but there was one where we had a free kick on the edge of the area that was for a foul that was in the area on Defoe IIRC

Cahill was all over Defoe yesterday and that was a pen if Defoe was ready to take the theatrics route

The problem with this thread though is like all decisions other than goal line and offside where you can use science there all quite subjective decisions.

I didn't think Defoe was offside yesterday, well I did as it happened(because it's Defoe) but the replays showed him and two defenders dead in line with eachother I thought.

Some have gone for us, some have gone against.

That's just life.

P.S the Saudi Sportswashing Machine goal was a 50/50, it could have been given either way.

What are you talking about? ESPN showed the replay about 5 times where it clearly showed he was offside. Go back and see the post match analysis.

Just read the match reports from BBC, Sky Sports, ESPN and the Guardian. None of them mention Defoe being offside for the goal.

Back