• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

I don't think we're better, I just think we'll win.

Fair enough mate. I would certainly like us to show a bit more positive intent when it comes to batting. KP was telling us how hard it was to score on these pitches, then we were scoring at a rate of 5 an over on Sunday so it kind of blew that arguement out of the water. Bob Willis was quite critical of our batting performances, particularly the top 3 in the order and how slow they were going.

But I've got to think our batters will get their act together and Ian Bell has proven a lot of people wrong who said he couldn't perform when it really matters.

Finch was ridiculous, I rarely watch cricket but he was smashing them in to the crowd, really impressive! He almost had the record for the fastest ton too!

Australia fast bowler Mitchell Johnson can play a major part in their quest to regain the Ashes down under, the team's former paceman Jason Gillespie said.
Johnson, a 31-year-old with 205 Test wickets, was left out of the squad that lost 3-0 in England this summer.
But he has impressed in the limited overs series and could fill a void left by injuries to several fast bowlers.
"He could play a big role," Gillespie told BBC Sport. "He has the desire and drive to reignite his Test career."

Australia's preparations for the series down under, starting in Brisbane on 21 November, have been rocked by injury.
Young pacemen Mitchell Starc, James Pattinson and Pat Cummins are all doubtful after suffering stress fractures of the back.
And Ryan Harris, who took 24 wickets at 19.58 against England this summer, faces a race to be fit after being sidelined by a hamstring injury.

Major bowlers missing for the start of the Ashes...Barmy Army's favourite Mitchell Johnson a candidate to fill the void.

Australia fast bowler Mitchell Johnson can play a major part in their quest to regain the Ashes down under, the team's former paceman Jason Gillespie said.
Johnson, a 31-year-old with 205 Test wickets, was left out of the squad that lost 3-0 in England this summer.
But he has impressed in the limited overs series and could fill a void left by injuries to several fast bowlers.
"He could play a big role," Gillespie told BBC Sport. "He has the desire and drive to reignite his Test career."

Australia's preparations for the series down under, starting in Brisbane on 21 November, have been rocked by injury.
Young pacemen Mitchell Starc, James Pattinson and Pat Cummins are all doubtful after suffering stress fractures of the back.
And Ryan Harris, who took 24 wickets at 19.58 against England this summer, faces a race to be fit after being sidelined by a hamstring injury.

Major bowlers missing for the start of the Ashes...Barmy Army's favourite Mitchell Johnson a candidate to fill the void.

[video=youtube;oEY8bK1UyEM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEY8bK1UyEM[/video]

Is he the one who throws rather than bowls?

After waiting all summer, I am finally off to see the cricket tomorrow at Edgebaston. Bus there and back, a few beers and several hours of quality entertainment. And as for that forecast - RUBBISH - it will not rain!

I know you all love to hate Mitchell Johnson, but ...

J.Anderson. 329 wickets in 161 innings. Average 30.11. S/rate 58.3
M.Johnson. 205 wickets in 97 innings. Average 30.93. S/rate 55.3

I don't think Johnson's that good, but they're pretty comparable records, wouldn't you say? ;)
)

Similar stats, but they don't tell the whole story. Mitch tends to be either genuinely brilliant, or utter dog****. He is certainly capable of producing match winning spells, but equally capable of bowling absolute dross for five overs. Jimmy is certainly the more reliable bowler, and I'd personally rather have him in my team than Johnson. That said, Johnson is a very good bowler, but not one I'd particularly fear as a fan. I'd rather see him play than Siddle or Harris, who I'd rate as better all round bowlers.

I know you all love to hate Mitchell Johnson, but ...

J.Anderson. 329 wickets in 161 innings. Average 30.11. S/rate 58.3
M.Johnson. 205 wickets in 97 innings. Average 30.93. S/rate 55.3

I don't think Johnson's that good, but they're pretty comparable records, wouldn't you say? ;)
)

records aside, I know who id trust my life with to bowl an over and its not MJ

Essex ticking along nicely, outside chance of promotion.

I reckon Reece Topley can't be far off an England cap, if Finn, onions or bresnan don't make that other seamer spot their own, which they certainly haven't this summer.

records aside, I know who id trust my life with to bowl an over and its not MJ

When he's on form though, you would. On form, he's just about unplayable. As Klismania said though, he's either **** hot or ****house, very little in between.

I reckon Reece Topley can't be far off an England cap

I was talking to Paul Grayson he coach about Topley at a sponsored work do, he said the feeling around the game and from England is that he is going to be a huge huge star, Essex doing well to protect him from the injuries young players seem to always get these days, is a fantastic limited overs bowler which is where I think he will feature 1st

Yea he looked good in a couple of 20twenty's I saw, havent seen him in the 40 over stuff though. Sounds really promising and I'm delighted, after just googling him, that he is the son of moustacheo'd legend Don, as I'd hoped!!

Back