• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

Rogers is confirmed to open for OZ. Should be interesting as he is very experienced in English conditions but has only played 1 test and obviously won't be used to the calibre of intl bowlers.

Looking like a heatwave in July - will be interesting to see how much swing there is.

Dont need swing weve got Swanny, they have about 5 left handers, he loves bowling to lefties

just got my tickets for Adelaide test, nearly sold out in 2 hours here !! I wonder how many people forgot they are down a whole grandstand due to construction and missed out on tickets. Zero available to the public I reckon. BTW $95 a ticket but they are the best available, puts some of the prices in UK to shame.

Mate was up at 3am today to get us our Melbourne tickets

Day 1 im in Block M13
Days 2 - 4 im in Block M15 next to the Barmy Army

Buzzing !!!!

MCG.JPG

Marky, they are cracking tickets! If you have never been to an Ashes test in Oz before you will have an absolute mental time where you are sitting. Ponting was renowned for sending his worst bowler down to field at deep fine leg or third man so they could get a pasting from the Barmy Army. Most of them took it really well and used it to up their game (McGrath when he had a rare bad spell, Siddle, Doherty) but others collapsed famously under the pressure (Mitchell Johnson and Brett Lee spring to mind). Some of the chants and comments will have you in stitches for months.

Marky, they are cracking tickets! If you have never been to an Ashes test in Oz before you will have an absolute mental time where you are sitting. Ponting was renowned for sending his worst bowler down to field at deep fine leg or third man so they could get a pasting from the Barmy Army. Most of them took it really well and used it to up their game (McGrath when he had a rare bad spell, Siddle, Doherty) but others collapsed famously under the pressure (Mitchell Johnson and Brett Lee spring to mind). Some of the chants and comments will have you in stitches for months.

1st time watching cricket in Oz, I knew they were wicked tickets though, we planned to be as near to the barmy army as possible for above and Sydney, just waiting to hear where we are in Sydney...

Sydney tickets were harder to get
The 3 bronze bays sold out within minutes, so we’ve had to settle for Silver tickets. (Bays 33-15 & 1-9).

These are a little more expensive, $90 per day. But the most important thing is that we’re IN!

SydneyCricketGround_.gif

An inquiry is under way into reports that a Sri Lankan cricketer tried to open the door of a London-bound flight while the plane was at 10,000 metres (35,000ft).

It is believed that the unnamed player tugged at the door for two minutes mistaking it for the toilet, with the Daily Mail reporting that one of the 229 passengers aboard the British Airways airliner described the incident as "pretty frightening".

The alleged incident happened as the Sri Lanka A team flew to Gatwick from St Lucia on Monday after playing the West Indies.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jul/02/sri-lankan-cricketer-plane-door

Mate was up at 3am today to get us our Melbourne tickets

Day 1 im in Block M13
Days 2 - 4 im in Block M15 next to the Barmy Army

Buzzing !!!!

MCG.JPG

:lol:you're right in the middle of Bay 13 on day one. Have fun in there if you have an England shirt on.

:lol:you're right in the middle of Bay 13 on day one. Have fun in there if you have an England shirt on.

VB cans will be FLYING at your head.. Rowdiest bogans ever hang out in bay 13.. You'll see boobs, people arrested, violence.. I'm sure it'll be a great day out hahaha

VB cans will be FLYING at your head.. Rowdiest bogans ever hang out in bay 13.. You'll see boobs, people arrested, violence.. I'm sure it'll be a great day out hahaha

Sounds fudging ace hahaha

[video=youtube;JZWhszyG7vc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZWhszyG7vc[/video]

Last edited:
I wish Mitchell Johnson was involved in the Ashes though, proper great stick !!!

[video=youtube;M0RzX926l4g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0RzX926l4g#at=44[/video]

With the Ashes looming I thought id have a look at some of the bets on offer

England 3-0, 15/2 is my choice here, I honestly cannot see the Aussies winning a test, they have a decent set of bowlers but England will score far more runs than the Aussies will, potentially there will be some crap weather although not for the 1st test, the 5-0 whitewash is only 14/1 and Aussies to win 2-1 is 14/1 although I think there is more chance of Arsenal winning the PL not season than either of those two happening

Top Batsman, between Cook 5/1, Clarke 6/1 and Trott 6/1 for me with maybe Matt Prior EW at 28/1 he has a great record against the old enemy

Top Bowler, Anderson 4/1 or Swann 11/2, maybe Starc for the Aussies at 12/1 could be an outside bet, been impressed with him with what Ive seen

Wednesday cannot come soon enough though !!!! buzzing for it

I can't wait, couple of days now.

I've got tickets for days 1-4 at Old Trafford (3rd test) with 3 mates. Will be carnage)
I've also got a ticket for day 4 of the final test at the Oval.

We were looking at going to Aus but it would have cost around £7k for flights for me, the wife and 2 kids so will probably save for the next one which will tie in with my 40th.

No one in my office (in Melbourne) even wants to talk about the Ashes. Very unlike the Aussies before a cricket series to switch off cricket banter before a ball has been bowled.

I've also got a $50 a test bet with a guy in Sydney. Means if England win, 7-2 over the next ten tests I $250 which will be nice!

We've got an office pool going. Half the guys have tipped the poms. I'm enforcing a name and shame policy.

We've got an office pool going. Half the guys have tipped the poms. I'm enforcing a name and shame policy.

well those guys have more of a chance of wining the pool than the other lot of you who think the aussies will win !!!

i think there is more chance of lord lucan winning the grand national on shergar than there is of the aussies winning the ashes over here !!!

No 5-0 predictions from the mouthpiece this time !!!

Glenn McGrath has toned down his usual pre-Ashes boast and accepts Australia would be happy with a draw in the upcoming series.

The former Australia seam bowler tormented England during a career that included 563 Test wickets and regularly promised 5-0 wins for his country, a feat they actually achieved in his final series before retirement in 2006/07.

But that whitewash is Australia's only victory in the last four Ashes contests and McGrath concedes expectations are low for the current squad.

"At this moment England are favourites, probably rightly so," he told Sky Sports.

"Australia haven't often been the underdogs. England are the ones who are expected to dominate so Australia have nothing to lose and hopefully will come out swinging and a few of the guys will put their hand up.

"With the quality of both side's bowling attacks, I think there will be a result in every Test, weather permitting.

"There will be a little bit of rain around so I think 2-1 to Australia or maybe even 2-2 - the Australians would take that."

Australia sacked coach Mickey Arthur 16 days before the start of the series and replaced him with Darren Lehmann, a change that McGrath thinks will pay off.

"I think it's a positive move. He's a people person and will bring everyone together, it's just what was needed," he said

I have an accumulator going with my Aussie Uncle on us winning the Lions tour, the Test series at home, and then not losing the Ashes in Oz... if it comes in I am £1000 better off...

Back