• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

All out 175, an over after Cook brings Broad back on.

Silly move going Bopara and Root, i could understand bringing one of them one whilst using Broad/Anderson/Tredwell at the other end, but both?

"Richie will do cricket for as long as he wants to do cricket. We'll never be telling Richie what he can and can't do. I'm always honoured to be in his presence as a person and I'm always interested in hearing what he has to say."
David Gyngell, the chief executive of Nine, confirming that Richie Benaud would serve his 37th summer with the network, commentating on England's tour of Australia at the age of 83.

Hopefully we'll hear something of him on the radio or tv in the UK too... a bit of an institution to me and my family

Just got back from the Y Bank Kent game against Sussex at Canterbury.. and what a game that was.

A 61 ball century from Luke Wright.. giving Sussex a 336 run innings from the 40 meh!

Kent replied with a 100 ball century from Sam Northeast, followed by a 53 ball 118 from for me one of the best county players that never really established himself for his country in Darren Stevens.

Kent got the victory by 3 wickets and 9 balls to spare.

What a game. It was like a T20 game but over 40

I'm pumped for the Ashes now. Boof was my favourite cricketer, mainly because he played for my local club and is a legend in the town of Salisbury of South Australia (make that in South Australia ... sorry, make that a legend in Australia in general).

Us South Aussies can have a bit of a chip on our shoulder at the best of times, and Boof was the proof of the eastern state bias in the national team. The most technically gifted batsman our country has produced in donkeys and couldn't get a look in at the national level until far too late in his career. I still remember when Australia used to play Australia A in our one-day series. Boof carted Warnie all over the park and had the crowd in his hand while booing Warnie at the same time.

In our golden years the talk was that Boof and Warnie were the brains behind everything. He's also a quality bloke - would have a beer with anyone.

He'll get the spirit back in the side, even if just by giving some of them a big cuddle.

Bring. It. On. !!!!

Perfect ending to the Champions Trophy, domination from start to finish really. Jadeja is unstoppable, can see why he's the $2m man.

Perfect ending to the Champions Trophy, domination from start to finish really. Jadeja is unstoppable, can see why he's the $2m man.

Not sure domination is the right word really.

England choking with 20 to win off 16 balls says more about England than it does about India. It was decent bowling, but England threw it away.

Not sure domination is the right word really.

England choking with 20 to win off 16 balls says more about England than it does about India. It was decent bowling, but England threw it away.

India were by far and away the best team in the tournament and won every match, 3 of them by 7/8 wickers. That in my eyes is dominance. Also had the golden bat and the golden ball award winners and posted the highest score of the tournament.

I'm pumped for the Ashes now. Boof was my favourite cricketer, mainly because he played for my local club and is a legend in the town of Salisbury of South Australia (make that in South Australia ... sorry, make that a legend in Australia in general).

Us South Aussies can have a bit of a chip on our shoulder at the best of times, and Boof was the proof of the eastern state bias in the national team. The most technically gifted batsman our country has produced in donkeys and couldn't get a look in at the national level until far too late in his career. I still remember when Australia used to play Australia A in our one-day series. Boof carted Warnie all over the park and had the crowd in his hand while booing Warnie at the same time.

In our golden years the talk was that Boof and Warnie were the brains behind everything. He's also a quality bloke - would have a beer with anyone.

He'll get the spirit back in the side, even if just by giving some of them a big cuddle.

Bring. It. On. !!!!

Might be 4-0 now instead of 5-0

Rogers is confirmed to open for OZ. Should be interesting as he is very experienced in English conditions but has only played 1 test and obviously won't be used to the calibre of intl bowlers.

Looking like a heatwave in July - will be interesting to see how much swing there is.

Back