• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

Australia have spun a major selection surprise by including the 19-year-old Ashton Agar, a Western Australian left-arm spinner, in their XI for the first Test against England at Trent Bridge.

Glenn McGrath's presence in the Australian team huddle a little less than an hour before the toss suggested a change to the team, and Agar emerged wearing his baggy green cap, presented on the strength of only ten first-class matches. His selection appears geared towards exploiting England's phalanx of right-handers, while also opening up a familiar wound for Kevin Pietersen.

However, it is a major blow to the career of the offspinner Nathan Lyon, who took nine wickets in his last Test match against India in Delhi. The selection also recalled events of the last Ashes series in Australia, when the previous selection panel dropped Nathan Hauritz on the eve of the series for Xavier Doherty, a move made with Pietersen in mind.

Unlike Doherty, Agar is a capable batsman and also a fine fielder. His inclusion leaves the tourists with a team that can be said to bat all the way down to No. 11.

Strauss

sleeping_smiley.gif

Trott looks in great nick, Root played well, wasnt impressed with Cook's waffy shot...

England marginally win the 1st session

Geez, tough crowd. Home team batting first 2'fer with both openers gone. I'll take that thank you.

Trott looking decent though.

How many chances does Pieterson need?

Been out injured for ages, just back with what, one competitive game? Should never have started.

Flatters to deceive, IMHO.

The English batsmen have not shown sufficient respect to the Australian attack. Could have been a lot worse, because the Aussies havent really bowled that well. Shot selection has been woeful. Still the pitch is opening up already and I would not fancy batting on it in the last innings.

The English batsmen have not shown sufficient respect to the Australian attack. Could have been a lot worse, because the Aussies havent really bowled that well. Shot selection has been woeful. Still the pitch is opening up already and I would not fancy batting on it in the last innings.

If the Australians bat decently enough they might not njeed to bat much at all second time round. I can't see this going to five days at this stage.

I fancy Anderson to dominate this Aus side, perfect conditions for swing.

Back him to take fiv-fer this innings

Back