• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

Cook with his 23 hundred, passing Wally Hammond with most hundreds for an England player..

5 tests as captain and 5 hundreds too..

What a player !!!!

fudging umpire...

Big appeal for LBW, umpire shakes his head says no then after about 5 seconds gives Compton out...

Cook with his 23 hundred, passing Wally Hammond with most hundreds for an England player..

5 tests as captain and 5 hundreds too..

What a player !!!!

Hope he can keep it going tomorrow too!
Can only be a good thing for KP also, trying to keep up with the centuries might give him some focus.

Last edited:
PS. How come Cricket is the only topic to get stickied? Surely it's not really the flagship thread of Random!?

Great day for England.
Cook has been brilliant in this series. England need to push on with the aim of only batting once.
Indian bowlers are toss.

England totally dominating

Maybe 250 then declare (if they get to 250 ahead that is). I suppose tomorrow morning just attack the ball hard and see where it goes from there.

England totally dominating

Maybe 250 then declare (if they get to 250 ahead that is). I suppose tomorrow morning just attack the ball hard and see where it goes from there.

I think Cook should tell Prior, Swann et al that they have maybe 90 minutes of the morning session to put on the afterburners and score as many as they can, hopefully get up past 300 towards 350 then declare.

Should want to give the openers a nervy few minutes before lunch tomorrow.

Poor performance before lunch by England. But after lunch it's been a different story 4 wickets for just 21 runs.

107 for 4 India still trail by 100.

Tea time update:

India 145 for 6 Still trail by 62

England could win this by an innings, if they get another wicket soon.

Tea time update:

India 145 for 6 Still trail by 62

England could win this by an innings, if they get another wicket soon.

Brilliant session from England, helped by a wicket 1st ball after lunch, some great reverse swing bowling from Jimmy..

Loving seeing the Barmy Army in full flow too, this time in one year, ill be heading off to Oz wahooooooooooooo

2 wickets in 3 overs after tea, 8 down now, victory is in sight !!!

Pity, England couldn't finish it today. The ninth wicket put up a good show. Otherwise I was expecting an innings victory.

Well only 1 more wicket to get tomorrow, and get a 10 wicket win

Just got 2 general sale tickets to the 5th Ashes Test @ The Oval, 21st August 2013, Peter May Stand £65 each..

Buzzing as that date is my dad's 60th birthday and im taking him as a pressie

A shame the DRS isn't in use, but if it was, England would still be down two wickets early. You'd think the umps had been smoking what I've been smoking.

Not being with five time zones of Greeenwich, I'm watching this on, ahem, 'Mexican Radio'. Several of MY_CRIC channels, lots of _TIME to choose, some with Skysports, some with Indian feeds. Good quality.

Just got 2 general sale tickets to the 5th Ashes Test @ The Oval, 21st August 2013, Peter May Stand £65 each..

Buzzing as that date is my dad's 60th birthday and im taking him as a pressie

Lucky B, the queue was like trying to buy members tickets at the Lane. Trying the Lords ballot, hopefully will get some luck..

Back