• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

You're quoting english press Not like them to sensationalise a story to ruffle a few feathers, is it?

Is this that Rubgy team that played the British team, even though theres an English team but we'll send a British team because you might have a better chance of winning? And you gave us stick about Newstralia or whatever that JOKE piece in the paper was during the Olympics about a combined New Zealand and Australia team (but your press picked it up as a proper story - do you believe everything you read in the papers? Did you know Brangelina are getting divorced?).

It's the Lions vs Australia. It wasn't England vs Australia.

It's a tradition dating back over 100 years that the lions tour.

It's the Lions vs Australia. It wasn't England vs Australia.

It's a tradition dating back over 100 years that the lions tour.

Well if you want to combine countries, make it like for like. Vs the Aus Zealand All Golds. Half the babies born in NZ end up living in Sydney anyway so whats the difference?

Well if you want to combine countries, make it like for like. Vs the Aus Zealand All Golds. Half the babies born in NZ end up living in Sydney anyway so whats the difference?

Because traditionally it hasn't been the lions against the all golds. The last 100 years the Lions have toured every four years (ish) and played Aus, New Zealand, South Africa and Argentina i think, but lets change it because Superted thinks it's not fair.

Plus you're equating Great Britain with Australia + New Zealand? A group of countries that regularly compete together under a single flag in sport/athletics with two countries that rarely compete together.

Pleased for Hughes as well. No Aussie batsman has worked harder on his form and technique over the last few years than he has. Deserves any success that comes his way this series.

Because traditionally it hasn't been the lions against the all golds. The last 100 years the Lions have toured every four years and played Aus, New Zealand, South Africa and Argentina i think, but lets change it because Superted thinks it's not fair.

Plus you're equating Great Britain with Australia + New Zealand? A group of countries that regularly compete together under a single flag in sport with two countries that rarely compete together.

Forgetting Ireland, aren't you? I don't care whats fair but lets call it what it is. 2 nations combining to play 1.

Fantastic comeback from the Aussies, brilliant batting, what was that extended 1st session about, some new rule or something ??

Fantastic comeback from the Aussies, brilliant batting, what was that extended 1st session about, some new rule or something ??

yeah if the team is 9 down you can have an extra half hour to try and finish the innings off at lunch.

The rule has been in force for a while for tea, but they said the lunch version was added last year.

Unexpected from the Aussies, Maybe they should get Agar to open for them in the future. Looks a better batsman than a bowler. Not that he's a bad bowler.

Have to disagree there. It was marginal, if he's not sure it's out he can't give it imo.

Only now just seen the replay - was probably out but you couldn't be sure. 3rd umpire can't guess though.

What was the verdict on Rodgers's LBW decision? Have only seen the wicket in full motion, no hawkeye or hot eye or whatever new bell and whistle they have. Thought it looked a bit rough, especially with the bowler going round the wicket. Thought LBW when the bowler goes round the wicket was nigh on impossible.

Australians before they got stuffed. After the event they suddenly "don't give a brick".

I'm on record here saying I dont follow Rugby. Its only been brought up because Marky tried to equate our your South Africn cricketers with our Maori rubgy players.

I live in Adelaide. We don't have a league or union team, and we're pretty okay with that.

What about Rogers LBW then? I see Michael Vaughan on teletext having a sook about the stumping but acknowledging Rogers was unlucky. Swings and roundabouts I guess.

Back