• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

The pool of batters is pretty exciting

Hales
Roy
Butler
Bairstow
Malan
Salt
Duckett
Brook
Stokes
Livingstone

the tv coverage was terrible today, hopefully we don’t have to put up with the Aussie feed during the World Cup?

Dont know what happened with the Aussies they were always tough opponents who played to win but within the spirit of the game, then Ian Chappel was made skipper and they turned into really nasty bastards. I remember when Fred Trueman became the first player to take 300 test wickets his victim Neil Hawke was the first to shake his hand.

Buzzing
Got tickets for the Edgbaston and Headingley Ashes tests today
Day 1 & 2 for Edgbaston (1st Test) and Day 1 for Headingley (3rd Test)

Buzzing
Got tickets for the Edgbaston and Headingley Ashes tests today
Day 1 & 2 for Edgbaston (1st Test) and Day 1 for Headingley (3rd Test)
Excellent. They’re actually selling tickets now? The ballot for the Oval is open now, till December I think and Lords ballot opens tomorrow. So won’t find out for a while whether or not we get tickets.

Excellent. They’re actually selling tickets now? The ballot for the Oval is open now, till December I think and Lords ballot opens tomorrow. So won’t find out for a while whether or not we get tickets.
My mate had a priority link for Headingley
The Edgbaston one's I brought through the Barmy Army, £35 a year and you get priority on tickets (exc Lords/The Oval)
I went in the Oval ballot yesterday too

Very good win, will do wonders for confidence. Currans form has been a shock to me as I always thought he bowled at least 2 boundary balls an over in the past.

Very good win, will do wonders for confidence. Currans form has been a shock to me as I always thought he bowled at least 2 boundary balls an over in the past.
Yea very impressive series win.

I was amazed when they said Curran was just 24 years old, seems to have been around for years. Still learning the game really.

He is a very canny cricketer
He alwyas get picked for the Big Bash & IPL you don't do that if you're not good enough

He is a very canny cricketer
He alwyas get picked for the Big Bash & IPL you don't do that if you're not good enough

I only watch England ODI's so know nothing about the money game. He needs to work harder on his first class bowling, that's where I've seen his "hit me" bowling, he's young enough to improve.

Some interesting and decent selections

England squad for Test series in Pakistan: Ben Stokes, James Anderson, Harry Brook, Zak Crawley, Ben Duckett, Ben Foakes, Will Jacks, Keaton Jennings, Jack Leach, Liam Livingstone, Jamie Overton, Ollie Pope, Ollie Robinson, Joe Root, Mark Wood

Hopefully Sky will have their own commentors covering the World Cup, the one eyed ranting of the ockers on BT had me watching with the mute on.

Hopefully Sky will have their own commentors covering the World Cup, the one eyed ranting of the ockers on BT had me watching with the mute on.
Along with the on screen graphics…. always seemed a ball behind, they show the wickets and runs the wrong way round, a cartoon style 1 Lion for our badge (what’s that all about?!?), not to mention their English is terrible, using “was” instead of “were”.

“England was 4/100 after 9.3 overs”

Some interesting and decent selections

England squad for Test series in Pakistan: Ben Stokes, James Anderson, Harry Brook, Zak Crawley, Ben Duckett, Ben Foakes, Will Jacks, Keaton Jennings, Jack Leach, Liam Livingstone, Jamie Overton, Ollie Pope, Ollie Robinson, Joe Root, Mark Wood

Interesting to see where Duckett is these days, Jennings been in decent form so thats a fair shout although he was ok previously for England.

We need to develop a replacement for Leach from somewhere

This could be a weird T20 World cup, Australian springs can be very wet, would be surprised to see a few games abandoned or sorted by DL system.

Back