• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

The issue for me though lies solely on anyone of anywhere near international quality gets picked off and plays very little longer form cricket till thrown in cold at first day against the Aussies. All well and good limited teams but if Root and Stokes are not sent back to sharpen their trade even in a lesser environment then you are going to continue to get this sub 200 skittles

I agree, contract players should be allowed to play when not selected.

I love cricket and the county game has been in decline for decades, these proposals are at last addressing the major problem of the number of teams playing at the top level.
Since the introduction of overseas limited over competitions the best players are drawn away from the game and counties are left with very few players of the required standard and we are left with very average teams battling it out.
We need 6 strong teams not 18 average ones. Less games gives bowlers time to stay fit and gets batsmen more focused on making the most of limited innings.
It may be considered a patronising view but I believe the majority of "punters" who go to crash bang games just want to see boundaries hit and you can feed that type of cricket with pie chuckers and and big swinging batsmen, no test skills required.
The 18 teams don’t play each other though, there are 2 divisions in the county game, north and south in the short formats.

bin the ridiculous 100 competition and the calendar suddenly looks a lot better.

The 18 teams don’t play each other though, there are 2 divisions in the county game, north and south in the short formats.

bin the ridiculous 100 competition and the calendar suddenly looks a lot better.

18 teams is far too many, lots of average players getting paid, we need less teams. 18 teams means nearly 300 players many nowhere good enough. 6 strong sides will improve the players, making them work harder for runs and wickets.

I would have 2 in north 2 in midlands and 2 in south using test venues.

18 teams is far too many, lots of average players getting paid, we need less teams. 18 teams means nearly 300 players many nowhere good enough. 6 strong sides will improve the players, making them work harder for runs and wickets.

I would have 2 in north 2 in midlands and 2 in south using test venues.
Like a Sheffield Shield type competition

I played for over 20 years and never saw that happen but my son tells me he's seen it happen a few times when he was playing.

When I played I saw it happen and the umpire refused the out and said there had to be a warning. They mention the rules changed and now you don't have to but I can't help think it's a dog move, bit like the goals you see that are not against the rules but bring into question sports "wo"manship

When I played I saw it happen and the umpire refused the out and said there had to be a warning. They mention the rules changed and now you don't have to but I can't help think it's a dog move, bit like the goals you see that are not against the rules but bring into question sports "wo"manship

My son told me in one game his teams bowler did it and their captain asked the umpire to ignore it, which he did.

Liam Norwell Saved Warwickshire who were doomed to relegation at lunchtime, with this effort:

They stayed up and Yorkshire are relegated!

upload_2022-9-29_16-59-1.jpeg

More T20 cricket to get into, seems never ending (I know there is a world cup coming up) just all seems abit too much

So glad he didn't go on and score the winning runs
From a very large pool of cretins who play cricket for Australia he is well up there

And thats saying something

Hales coming back for his redemption, sat out A LONG time which he should have, done the right way and its paid off

Hales & Buttler were awesome, we should have scored at least another 30 but hugely lost momentum
Topley bowled well as did Curran,we could go well in the tournament

Back