• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

I had priority tickets for Old Trafford given I'm a member and turned them down, absolute rip off and treated like lepers by over zealous stewarding. And you know it will rain solid for five days! Aussie's aren't the big attraction they once where. Give me county cricket any day.

Yeh buzzing watching a game with 5 others over a full test match ground watching us smash the aussies

looking forward to Test series in India. probably the most difficult place to win a series. I think Patel will get the nod over Monty as he has played in all the games. This would give us a very strong batting line-up:

Cook
Compton
Trott
Peterson
Bell
Patel
Prior
Broad
Bresnan
Swann
Anderson

With such a line-up Monty could play as it would still bat down to 9, but I think Flowers likes to get runs to put the opposition on the back foot. Must score over 400 to have any chance of winning.

Wow, that is a strong batting line-up. Everyone in there can bat right down to Swann, even Anderson can hang around for a bit.
Could be a lot of runs in this series.. Just hope they can play the spin well enough?

Should be good, fear an India loss.

Depends if Kohli can turn it on and need Raina to stop being so arrogant.

Need to get 20 wickets, Monty should have been picked. The top order have to stand up and get the runs, no good picking bowlers based on their batting.

3 chances since lunch, 4 good balls per over and then 2 buffet balls it seems, England could be staring down 600 plus here..

Sehwag though 97 no off 90 balls, top batting he is great to watch...

Id reckon about 80 of their runs have come through 3rd man, why on earth dont we have one in place...

Cook has no slips, no 3rd man currently, where exactly are the other fielders ??

Baptism of fire for Cooky !!!

Yes that appears to be the modern thinking. I think it gives good batsmen easy runs and makes your bowlers push the ball to leg. The spinners pulled it back well later in the day, but its all about saving the game now, looks impossible to win from here.

You do wonder why we are playing the bowling line up we are, ok i understand that Bresnan and Broad provide some depth in batting, but on wickets like that surely its more about taking wickets. There is a reason India only ever play with 2 seam bowlers at home.

If your top order cant get you runs on these wickets then you are not going to win the game by the lower order doing so!! not when you are chasing 600+

Need to get 20 wickets, Monty should have been picked. The top order have to stand up and get the runs, no good picking bowlers based on their batting.

Based on the game so far we were right to pick the bowlers based on their batting. What we need to do is pick the batting based on their bowling ability.

P.S. I'm pretty sure India refuse to use DRS because they don't think it's reliable or one component isn't. Either that or they think not having it benefits and are making excuses. There is plenty of money in Indian cricket so it's certainly not a cost issue.

Last edited:
Can't believe we went with only 1 spinner, feared the worst when I saw the team and those fears are realised

When India opens the bowling with a spinner you should know that it isn't a seamers pitch

Big day for England, may even save it if they can hold out till lunch tomorrow with 2/3 wickets left. Never easy to chase anything on day 5.

India don't like DRS because they say they don't believe its 100% accurate so don't see use in technology until it becomes so which is a bit of a random argument, it does make things much better. Would probably be more beneficial for sub continent teams as well as it tends to aid spinners. Rumours are that its some of the senior players that don't like it so I'm assuming Tendulkar mainly and maybe Sehwag and Yuvraj.

Clarke with another 200 hundred, 1st man ever to get 4 in a calendar year

Aussies 460/4 with 10 overs in the day to go, Saffies getting spanked

Always thought he was a clown shoe, but he's had a Bradmanesque 2012. Averaging over 100 before today.

Best batsman in the world currently.

Glimmer of hope for the Ashes!

Back