• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The CL Permutations Thread

How fudged up is it, that we're in 4th......

......our final game is at home

And it feels disappointing

fudging chavs better not win the CL

Watching WBA gives me a lot of hope arsenal have the harder game next week. 2-0 down against a team of bruisers like Bolton, battling to stay up while WBA have nothing to play for..... And they still fight it back.

I don't think there's a hope in hell of Arsenal not winning at West Brom. The thing is against Norwich that when they decided they wanted to play, they absolutely tore Norwich apart for a few minutes. Shaky at the back but I'm not sure WBA can exploit it. They'll win. Let's just hope we can beat Fulham and Chelsea can do us a favour. And then hope for a Young Boys esque draw in the CL playoff.

I don't think there's a hope in hell of Arsenal not winning at West Brom. The thing is against Norwich that when they decided they wanted to play, they absolutely tore Norwich apart for a few minutes. Shaky at the back but I'm not sure WBA can exploit it. They'll win. Let's just hope we can beat Fulham and Chelsea can do us a favour. And then hope for a Young Boys esque draw in the CL playoff.

We could end drawing one of Lazio/Udinese/Napoli.

never underestimate tottenham??s ability to fudge up whenever theres a chance

Too true... ArseAnal have been doing their best impression of Spurs in the last few games (Wigan at home was VERY us!) but even I can't see them doing it AGAIN on Sunday... as the Ancient Greeks best put it; "Never trust ArseAnal to be brick when you REALLY need them to be!"

They're toying with us, they'll probably leave it till the 94th minute to 'score when they want' ...but after yesterday, I've resigned myself to the fact that all we can do is win against Fulham (never a given) and see what transpires in Germany...

the ONLY positive now, is that we can revert to default mode and go back to wanting/needing Bayern to win... 'cos admit it, for a while there on Saturday, there were a few that wobbled, and questioned their faith by actually contemplating wanting Chelsea to win if ONLY to deprive ArseAnal of a CL place for ONE season!
fudge that, Chelsea winning the CL will stay ingrained forever!!

It's Team WESTBAYERNBROMUNWICHALBION for the next 2 games!

out of interest what do other countries do if a team outside the Qualifying positions wins the Champions league? im guessing it has not happened before, but if it happens with chelsea this time it will be the second time it has happened in England.

I think they should change the rule that the holders get a CL position and it has no impact on a clubs finishing position. Just thinking of this from an outside point of vue, you are seriously hurting a clubs ability to bring in funds by having a rule that can take away a position you have competed fairly for from the start of the season on, due to not having a plan in place for the holders.

out of interest what do other countries do if a team outside the Qualifying positions wins the Champions league? im guessing it has not happened before, but if it happens with chelsea this time it will be the second time it has happened in England.

I think they should change the rule that the holders get a CL position and it has no impact on a clubs finishing position. Just thinking of this from an outside point of vue, you are seriously hurting a clubs ability to bring in funds by having a rule that can take away a position you have competed fairly for from the start of the season on, due to not having a plan in place for the holders.

personally i think if you are not good enough to qualify via the league then tough brick - but that's never gonna happen (and im not complaining either, we knew the rules before the season started)

Holders having the right to defend has a long, long tradition in football. Most notably of course at the WC. Nottingham Forest won the European Cup as qualifying holders in 1980, giving us one of the most evocative footballing stories of the era. I think the precedent is well set, is in keeping with the sporting (not financial) spirit of the game and is the correct rule.

Will we be seeded?

hate talking about this now but definitely. we're the highest ranked of the likely teams in the non champions qualifying round.

malaga i would think would be by far the hardest draw. they won't be seeded cos they have no real recent european record but have pots of middle eastern money like city and psg

LIVP 0-1 CHEL
EVER 2-2 NEWC
CHEL 3-0 BLKB
TOTT 1-1 FULM
WBRM 1-2 ARSE

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

3 ARSE 70 +25
4 CHEL 67 +25
5 TOTT 67 +23
6 NEWC 66 +7

Really can't see us beating Fulham; I've thought that one's had 'draw' written all over it from the start of the season. I wouldn't be surprised if the Baggies did hold the scum as well, though, just to ensure we manage to miss one last boat.

Most people seem to be assuming Chelsea will have to beat Bayern to gatecrash the party, but I reckon they will get maximum points from their last two, so unless we do win on Sunday, I don't even think the CL final will come into the equation in the end.

LIVP 0-1 CHEL
EVER 2-2 NEWC
CHEL 3-0 BLKB
TOTT 1-1 FULM
WBRM 1-2 ARSE

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

3 ARSE 70 +25
4 CHEL 67 +25
5 TOTT 67 +23
6 NEWC 66 +7

Really can't see us beating Fulham; I've thought that one's had 'draw' written all over it from the start of the season. I wouldn't be surprised if the Baggies did hold the scum as well, though, just to ensure we manage to miss one last boat.

Most people seem to be assuming Chelsea will have to beat Bayern to gatecrash the party, but I reckon they will get maximum points from their last two, so unless we do win on Sunday, I don't even think the CL final will come into the equation in the end.

Depressing looking at that as it is so like Spurs. But let's face it, it's one match with all to play for. Time to stop feeling sorry for ourselves and just fudging win it. Its a pivotal moment in the history of the club, what happens in the other matches happens, but lets not contribute to our own downfall.

Back